Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Excuses to go to "Toys R Us" to buy ponies (not Target or Walmart).

Goodra

I actually have to have some other reason when I go to TRU because the closest store is in another town, though when I'm actually there I just say, "Hey, can we go to Toys R Us? I wanna see what ponies they have."

If you can't face telling your parentals that you want to go to Toys R Us to shop for, well, toys, is bending the truth a little bit an option? Just say you're headed out someplace else!

Not that I would ever condone lying to your parents. I could never do anything so terrible! (kidding of course)

• Brohoof 1

I've yet to purchase any merchandise because I don't live near a store that sells any :( But once I find a store, I imagine the conversation will go something like this:

Me: *to parents* I'm going to go buy some drugs now, bye!

Parents: !!! What?!

Me: On second thought I'll just go buy some pony stuff instead.

Parents: WE'RE OKAY WITH THIS

Edited by King of Magikarps
  • Brohoof 1

My problem is not giving a reason why to go to Toys-R-Us.... Its convincing my dad to use the gas to travel that far for no benefit towards himself (all of them are 7+ miles from here)

At least with Wal Mart and Target I can just Run there (only about 2-3 miles) Target has a decent amount of Ponies anyway. I don't need anything fancy.

*parents*

Me: uh... There's a Demo for a new game at toys R us and my friend is taking me there can I go?

Parents: sure I guess...

Cashier:"Why are you buying My Little Pony?"

Me:"You jelly?"

Cashier:"No..."

Me:"Then watch My Little Pony"

Cashier:"Okay..."

Me:"You better!"

And I'd say that to the cashier.

Dude. Me and my friend (F4L) had a huge party in the MLP aisle of TRU XD We have it on CAMERA XD

I had my Pinkie Pie shirt and RD button on and some lady was looking at me and I was like, "U MAD? *insert trollface here*"

IDGAF about what other people think about me :)

I was at wallmart the other day and my daughter was like can i get something. im like you can get a pony. ok she says... weget to the toy aisle and she wants a barbie and im like no a PONY!!!! :(

I was at wallmart the other day and my daughter was like can i get something. im like you can get a pony. ok she says... weget to the toy aisle and she wants a barbie and im like no a PONY!!!! :(

Dude...why would you force your daughter to get a pony if she wanted something else and had no interest in ponies? That's basically forcing your passions onto your kids, and if it were anything other than toys (trust me, I've seen some sick stuff on the internet), you could have serious problems. Your actions weren't completely detestable, its just that I've seen others take this further and further (and you DON'T want to know where that went - hint: it had something to do with many years in jail).

EDIT: To reply to the topic, I would just tell my parents that I'mma go buy some ponies, then call my brony friends and see if they want to come (I'm lucky, I know - but seriously, introduce your close friends to the show...you may be surprised).

And I don't mean to suggest that you (RainbroDash) are doing anything wrong; the strong response comes from the more distasteful corners of the internet that I have visited...not nice places. Sorry if my response offends you, I'm just cautious about stuff like this especially after taking Sociology.

Edited by JakobGibby

Dude...why would you force your daughter to get a pony if she wanted something else and had no interest in ponies? That's basically forcing your passions onto your kids, and if it were anything other than toys

Woah. Dude, with all due respect, I think that you are overreacting.

Without knowing Rainbro Dash in person and knowing the relationship that he has with his daughter, I don't really think that you have enough information to go on to reach any conclusions.

Personally, I thought Rainbro Dash's story was kind of funny. I tried to ask my sister if she would grab some items for me, and it was a similarly comical experience.

Edited by HAL 9000
  • Brohoof 1

Dude...why would you force your daughter to get a pony if she wanted something else and had no interest in ponies? That's basically forcing your passions onto your kids, and if it were anything other than toys (trust me, I've seen some sick stuff on the internet), you could have serious problems. Your actions weren't completely detestable, its just that I've seen others take this further and further (and you DON'T want to know where that went - hint: it had something to do with many years in jail).

EDIT: To reply to the topic, I would just tell my parents that I'mma go buy some ponies, then call my brony friends and see if they want to come (I'm lucky, I know - but seriously, introduce your close friends to the show...you may be surprised).

And I don't mean to suggest that you (RainbroDash) are doing anything wrong; the strong response comes from the more distasteful corners of the internet that I have visited...not nice places. Sorry if my response offends you, I'm just cautious about stuff like this especially after taking Sociology.

No dude i was just messin with her she coulda got whatever she wanted but she ended up setleling on a pony she has like a bazillion barbies. And no i dont force her to do anything unless its something very important im not stupid. i had religion forced on me as a kid now im not religious. i dont want my daughter to hate pony's

Ive also seen some horrid parent clips and i assure you im not that guy truly bad parents make me sick.

Dude. Me and my friend (F4L) had a huge party in the MLP aisle of TRU XD We have it on CAMERA XD

I had my Pinkie Pie shirt and RD button on and some lady was looking at me and I was like, "U MAD? *insert trollface here*"

IDGAF about what other people think about me :)

Lucky, wish I had a brony friend to shop with.

My parents give me allowance but monitor how much money I spend... sweet Celestia I need a job.

So until I have my own money for spending, my parents probably wouldn't let me "waste" money on ponies no matter what my excuse was! :(

• 9 years later...
On 2012-02-21 at 3:03 PM, ScottishUnicorn said:

-Parents-

"I'ma go buy ponies at Toys R Us, seeya."

"Ok son, have fun"

-Cashier-

"Why are you buying my little pony?"

"Because I like the show, and these toys are awesome."

I don't really need to come up with an excuse, I don't really care what people think.

Exactly.

On 2012-02-21 at 3:05 PM, joeyh3 said:

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to Toys 'R Us to buy My Little Pony toys!"

Haha! :mlp_icwudt: