Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best FPS Game?

Bonko

So I've been playing so much BF3 lately and I'm absolutely in love with the game.

It's more of a team/squad working together game other than eliminating enemies straight away in some FPS games I played.

So I just wanted to ask the community that if you played FPS games before, which one would you consider the best or favorite in your favor/opinion? (Of course my choice is BF3)

For those who don't know-

• FPS- first person shooter (in this case)
  • BF3- Battlefield 3

post-19291-0-93108300-1379128658_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Try Mount & Blade Warband. We have bows, crossbows, javelins, horses, and some mods have slings. Some of the mods are very interesting, like the Game of Throne mod, and I'm still waiting for that LOTR mod, which looks very good in the preview. Aww, that sweet game.

Try Mount & Blade Warband. We have bows, crossbows, javelins, horses, and some mods have slings. Some of the mods are very interesting, like the Game of Throne mod, and I'm still waiting for that LOTR mod, which looks very good in the preview. Aww, that sweet game.

Intresting, I might get it since some of my friends play it and they also highly recommend the game to me.

Seems like some cool mods also  :)

I don't always play First Person Shooters, but when I do, I prefer Farcry 3 over anything.

Unlike most FPS's I see nowadays, this one actually has a gripping story with a main character that changes overtime because of his environment.

I think the gunplay is more fluent and easier to use, too. Switching weapons is as easy as a snap of a finger and locking down your sights is pretty simple, too.

On top of that, you get a big, open world to explore, with collectibles and side-missions to do.

Farcry 3 > Any COD or BF game, period.

So I've been playing so much BF3 lately and I'm absolutely in love with the game.

It's more of a team/squad working together game other than eliminating enemies straight away in some FPS games I played.

So I just wanted to ask the community that if you played FPS games before, which one would you consider the best or favorite in your favor/opinion? (Of course my choice is BF3)

• BF3- Battlefield 3

I actually have to agree with you. I had always liked COD, I still do though,but when I picked up BF3 back in April, and played it, I loved it. I even preordered BF4 after playing it. What system do you play it on though? Maybe if you have PS3, we can play together.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta ask what platforms ya on?

I know a couple of us are on the 360/PC for BF3 and get together sometimes :)

Crazy fun when you have a good squad to work with.

As to best.. the classic Rainbow Six Rogue Spear. Best of all time IMO.

But for more recent i'd go with ArmA 3 (recently got its final release btw)

126 players in MP, MASSIVE map (only really needs one.. you have access to the games entire Island nation), all sorts of vehicles (Planes, helos, tanks, APC's, trucks, you name it), and plenty of gear to choose from. As well as day/night.

And the improvements its made over previous games are just amazing. Better GFX, animations, physics.. the games a blast :)

Not for the weak though, VERY realistic (its a Simulation first, game second), so a lot of times you will not see who shot you or from where.

Co Op is a blast in it too, and the mods that the community come up with are grand (DayZ anyone?)

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

I actually have to agree with you. I had always liked COD, I still do though,but when I picked up BF3 back in April, and played it, I loved it. I even preordered BF4 after playing it. What system do you play it on though? Maybe if you have PS3, we can play together.

I play the Battlefield 3 PC Version  :( .

I don't really have any consoles other than the Wii ( Got it about 2 years ago, played for a week at most.)

I would've liked to play with each other though.

Gotta ask what platforms ya on?

I know a couple of us are on the 360/PC for BF3 and get together sometimes :)

Crazy fun when you have a good squad to work with.

As to best.. the classic Rainbow Six Rogue Spear. Best of all time IMO.

But for more recent i'd go with ArmA 3 (recently got its final release btw)

126 players in MP, MASSIVE map (only really needs one.. you have access to the games entire Island nation), all sorts of vehicles (Planes, helos, tanks, APC's, trucks, you name it), and plenty of gear to choose from. As well as day/night.

And the improvements its made over previous games are just amazing. Better GFX, animations, physics.. the games a blast :)

Not for the weak though, VERY realistic (its a Simulation first, game second), so a lot of times you will not see who shot you or from where.

Co Op is a blast in it too, and the mods that the community come up with are grand (DayZ anyone?)

I play the PC version only since I don't have any other consoles.

I only play PC games, since again, don't have other consoles, but if you want to add me

my Bf3 name is dantheman1556

• Brohoof 1

my Bf3 name is dantheman1556

Friend request sent.. You play alot there don't ya? :P

I should play more, but i know few people on the PC and the lack of communication makes for a TERRIBLE time with people in game... I am SOOO glad BF4 is bringing back VoIP in game!

For me there can only be one.

Goldeneye (Wii)

I feel like it's sadly forgotten which is terrible because it's one of the best games on Wii by my standards and IGNs with a rating of 9.5. Ever since i bought it in 2010 I've been playing it. Granted it's been on and off but each time I play it it is a great experience which feels new each time.

Has anyone else played it?

Battlefield 3 is in the past, darling, this is now a new era, and I would recommend you to play Battlefield 4!

Its is much more better with its stunning view and its amazing feature that Battlefield 3 don't have.

Besides, there are more vehicles in the game itself, so what are you waiting for, play Battlefield 4 now!

• Brohoof 1

Battlefield 3 is probably my favourite FPS at the moment. I'm really stoked for Battlefield 4! I agree with you on the team/squad working together I also love how you can pilot jet's, tanks and helicopters!

• BF3- Battlefield 3

I've got to ask before I can answer this question. Are we talking about any game that puts the character in 1st person perspective? Or is it pure shooters like Painkiller, Serious Sam etc? Because I have a lot of games that i love that would technically fall under FPS but wouldn't call it one.

• Brohoof 1

Far Cry 3

Metro: Last Light

Any of the Bioshock games

Half-Life 2

Left 4 Dead 1&2

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Counter-Strike: Source

Insurgency

Team Fortress 2

Killing Floor.

• Brohoof 3

Halo (all of them lol)
Half Life

Bioshock:Infinite
Rage
and a few others that I cant think of right now...but they are all quite solid shooters ^_^

I would say the Borderlands series for these reasons

• Its First Person Shooter shooter meaning weapons and there tons.Each one with its own effects
  • Its paked full of content that will keep playing it for months 
  • It almost goes to back the early FPS when you can hold and use multiple guns at once instead of 2 
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly think Star Wars:Republic Commando is better than all the other games like Cod and Battlefield. Here's a fact, when Lucas Arts make Star Wars FPS and is rated M, I it would probably get interesting since we never had a Star Wars game like that other than Battlefront but it's third person though. The only thing bad about the game is that it doesn't have the very best graphics and AI but it's elements are really cool and the characters are interesting with some sense of humor. It also has a multiplayer mechanic but I don't think it's population is that big because everyone is on the current generation of games now.

• Brohoof 2

Team Fortress 2. Oh the joy in nailing head shots on Scouts, oh running through Turbine's vents with the intel. Seriously, TF2 is good with its balanced class-based gameplay and very dynamic and team oriented playstyle.

• 10 months later...

F.E.A.R on the PC is a true FPS, on par with such games as DOOM 3. Well worth all of it.