Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best FPS Game?

Bonko

My favorite singleplayer FPS:

Half-Life 2.

It's a ABSOLUTLEY LEGENDARY GAME. Nothing can compare to this little gem, which is faaar ahead of its time.

(P.S., I don't have it, but I played through it one time on another copy of the game.)

Multiplayer online:

Team Fortress 2.

You just can't find a more balanced gameplay than what this game has. Favorite class is Sniper, sometimes Scout.

Edited by SnipSnap
  • Brohoof 1

The Halo franchise.  Each FPS Halo game is superb in all catagories, which is very rare to find in any other FPS series.  Half-Life may have a stellar single player, but it's multiplayer was boring.  Battlefield is the opposite, where the single player is dull, and the multiplayer is a lot of fun.

In terms of story, characters, gameplay, campaign, multiplayer, music, and custom games, I really can't think of any FPSthat comes close to Halo as a whole.

Half life. (The original)

11/10

Reminded me to never trust an armed man.

(Also the fact that it is super moddable.)

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

I'm not a CoD fanboy anymore, but Call of Duty 4 is easily the best FPS I have played. It pretty much made the whole FPS multiplayer craze popular. 

There's also Far Cry 2. Now, I like Far Cry 3, but I prefer the 2nd one. More to do and a much more interesting game, in my opinion,

Can you class Star Wars Battlefront an FPS, if you change the perspective to first person? :lol:

Oh, I'd also like to say Bioshock Infinite. Insanely fun and fast-paced. I'm liking Killzone Shadow Fall, too. Oh, and Black was a good PS2/XBOX fps.

Oh, and Half-Life 1>Half-Life 2.

Metroid Prime

Bioshock

Medal of Honor Frontline

Halo

Call of Duty 2

Timesplitters series

Half-Life

Borderlands

Metroid Prime isn't really an fps, though, more of a first person adventure. You spend more time platforming and solving puzzles. Well, Prime 3 had a lot more shooting.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Single player: The original Doom, but I liked Half-Life a lot too.

Multiplayer: Star Wars Battlefront 2. I've played a lot of CS and TF2 as well.

Edited by Cash_In

If we're talking overall, Halo Reach is the best in my opinion. The campaign is incredible (the best I've played, both in gameplay and story), Firefight and Reach's amazing Forge editor add so much extra to the game, and multiplayer has a lot of game modes and is good fun.

Just for multiplayer, I really like CoD Advanced Warfare (the last good CoD game imo). It adds enough mobility that the game doesn't feel like a rehash, and there's a lot of really cool imaginative things added. Of course, that sparked the next three futuristic CoD games that were pretty much the EXACT SAME GAMES RELEASED ONE AFTER ANOTHER, but whatever.

Call of Duty: World at War. One of the last games worthy of its age rating. In fact, World at War is rated a 15 in the UK despite being the most violent game in the series. :confused:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. A Battlefield game that’s actually team play focused unlike BF3 and onwards. Rush was an excellent game mode, the weapon sounds were amazing and the overall realistic setting made it so immersive.

9 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Still have a soft spot for the original Doom and for the spaceship FPS Descent

Both a bit dated now, obviously.

Doom has aged tremendously well if you play on a source port with modern fps controls and 60+ fps. 

2 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Halo 4. No other game comes close IMO.

Not even doom, half life, Duke Nukem 3D, or the Bungie Halo games? :P

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Celli said:

Doom has aged tremendously well if you play on a source port with modern fps controls and 60+ fps. 

Not even doom, half life, Duke Nukem 3D, or the Bungie Halo games? :P

God, I love Doom, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D and the other Halo games... I really do... but I just don't think they compare! Halo 4 is amazing! Please forgive me... :(

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, AveryGamerDude said:

God, I love Doom, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D and the other Halo games... I really do... but I just don't think they compare! Halo 4 is amazing! Please forgive me... :(

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 is overhated I feel but I just find some of the writing and characters to be... questionable. 

4 hours ago, Celli said:

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 is overhated I feel but I just find some of the writing and characters to be... questionable. 

I honestly thought that the writing and characters were among the best in the franchise. Please don't hurt me... :(

(I thought that the writing for Halo 5 was pretty bad though, and I honestly think that every Halo game besides CE is overhated... :unamused:)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I honestly thought that the writing and characters were among the best in the franchise. Please don't hurt me... :(

(I thought that the writing for Halo 5 was pretty bad though, and I honestly think that every Halo game besides CE is overhated... :unamused:)

I don't hate you man, it's your opinion, I just found that there were some bits that could have been clearer, and the villain was weak, and I wish Cortana and Chief's relationship was touched on deeper. Also, the only Halo games that were hated a lot were 4 and 5. Reach was mixed at launch but now has a lot of love.

4 minutes ago, Celli said:

I don't hate you man, it's your opinion, I just found that there were some bits that could have been clearer, and the villain was weak, and I wish Cortana and Chief's relationship was touched on deeper. Also, the only Halo games that were hated a lot were 4 and 5. Reach was mixed at launch but now has a lot of love.

I know that you weren't gonna actually hate me lol. But I'm gonna have to disagree on the "Halo 4 and 5 were the only games that were hated bit". I know that this is only my anecdotal evidence, but most everyone I see reviles the Halo games (Minus CE) and a lot even go as far as to say that they're some of the worst games of all time. (Though I'm pretty sure that's only because most gamers are Sony fanboys and 8-bit NES nostalgia morons.)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's people idiotically bickering at each other in a thread about f***ing video games who would have thought? :ButtercupLaugh:

Yet again, they're both people I'm not surprised to see doing that.

I think this warrants a top 5.

5. Paladins: Champions of the Realm (of course, its community is toxic as f***, so...).

4. Halo 3 (If only we'd get a proper remaster of this masterpiece).

3. Borderlands 1 (The remaster really did it justice).

2. Team Fortress 2 (in its 2013/2014 glory days).

1. Borderlands 2 (THIS IS HOW YOU DO AN FPS RPG, EVERYONE).

Borderlands 3 would likely make it (and also maybe Outer Worlds) and I'll give Combat Evolved an honorable mention along with Modern Warfare 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. Sheesh, we may have a top 10 on our hands if this trend of great FPS RPGs keeps up. Heck in the earlier section I even forgot about Cyberpunk 2077. Give me that Keanu Reeves cameo. And no I'm not listing Doom 2016, and yes it is simply out of spite for Bethesda and also because I never played it and don't intend to for the reason they published it. Same goes for Fallout 4, even though it looks a little underrated.

Edited by Dustlicious2020

On 1/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, Dustlicious2020 said:

There's people idiotically bickering at each other in a thread about f***ing video games who would have thought? :ButtercupLaugh:

I didn't see any bickering but okay.

I'd also add Dusk and Black Mesa to my favorites.

Edited by Celli

On 1/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, Dustlicious2020 said:

Yet again, they're both people I'm not surprised to see doing that.

So I guess having a friendly conversation about a specific game, asking him why he thinks that's the best FPS game, and ending it with a :P, and not even insulting or saying that they're wrong for enjoying that game and even saying

On 12/13/2019 at 11:23 PM, Celli said:

I don't hate you man, it's your opinion

constitutes bickering? Can you respond with an actual argument other than reacting with a laughing emote? 

I have always enjoyed the simplicity and fast pace of Quake (1996). I remember when the WASD keys were invented for it! That's when things got really fast paced, and playing death matches was something I did with friends, and I lost most of the time. I hate FPS games! (because I lose too much).
Original Counter-Strike was the first real fun FPS game, but it turned up to be impossible to get good at. Way too much cheating! I actually lost with auto aim against kids, so I gave up! I hate FPS games, lol! Sore loser = I am.