Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever found any disgusting stuff in your food?

GhostPony750

I am sure this already happened to you, you find something in your food/drink, something really disgusting. It might be hairs, plastic, or even insects.
Well, I've been unlucky enough to find a bunch of insects in my food.
And I found an insect in my chocolate snack just right now, that's why I'm writing this lol.

Sorry for my grammar, it feels terrible tonight. o_O

-One day, my sister found a butterfly in a salad pack. Not so bad, now read below.

-Well, when I was younger, there was a guy beside me, eating his lunch. And well, he opened a bear paws snack, and there was dozens of flies in it. I mean hundreds, seriously, it was full of flies, it was really terrible.

-Two years later, I think, there was this girl drinking in a juice box. And when she took her sandwhich to take a bite... well, a cockroach jumped off the straw. Everyone started screaming, but it was funny this time. Imagine if she kept drinking. :)

-There was this time when I was eating a chocolate snack and I ate half a spider.

-One of my friend was eating a Maywest (some kind of pastry) once, and well... there was no creaming left in it, because there was a huge spider nest in it.

-One day I was eating a snack, took a bite and swallowed, and what I found in here... was white peanut butter, freaking white peanut butter. No insects but still disgusting.

Well, now it's your turn, I bet someone here found worse than everythig above. :P

And if you are courageous enough, read this: http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/29/how_many_insect_parts_and_rodent_hairs_are_allowed_in_your_food.htm

• Brohoof 2

I was working Veg prep in the galley during my tour about the persian gulf and found a fun sack of potatoes... except it wasn't potatoes anymore, it was a massive sack of Cockroach poo and roaches themselves....

We also had a spider problem in the lettuce....

Once while in Japan a guy bought a can of apple juice from the vending machine by the hangar. He was drinking it fine for awhile then just suddenly spit it up across the room. This massive slimy wad shot across the shop... It was a piece of apple :P Imagine feeling that sliding down your throat though unexpectedly :P

Also had a guy spit tobacco in the wrong pepsi can, got someone elses drink :P that was a good one. Made me scared to even consider drinking anything that wasn't visible in its container for years.

Personally though the worst i've done was drank an ant that got into my milk... 

On your roach one, no biggie if she did drink it. People eat roaches all the time, good protein.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

My friend found a BAND AID in his Macaroni and cheese. A BAND AID. I've also found some weird black stuff on my Hamburger (it wasn't pepper) and my friends put a sh*t load of salt in my tea while I went to the bathroom, if that counds.

• Brohoof 5

Let's see here...

A while ago, I...

• Found hair in my mashed potatoes
  • Drank some soda out of a straw, I then poured it out and found out there were around 5 dead gnats in it.

I think that's about it, when eating, I make sure to pay close attention, and I also don't drink anything that has been left untouched for more than 5 minutes.

• Brohoof 2

My friend found a BAND AID in his Macaroni and cheese. A BAND AID. I've also found some weird black stuff on my Hamburger (it wasn't pepper) and my friends put a sh*t load of salt in my tea while I went to the bathroom, if that counds.

This just reminded me.. Was working in a yogurt factory when apparently some customer at wal mart found some medications under the lid of their yogurt... it was marked from our factory...

May have just been someone trying to make a lawsuit, but we did have a weird lady at the time that was just.... odd.. tons of meds on her too. So who knows.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 3

Once in my old school when I was like ...13 maybe,  there were this time when we literally got worms (like white worms) in our spaghetti..

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

Ew, these are really gross! I've read of plenty of nasty things - Once someone found a bloody razor in a bag of Jolly Ranchers. Ick.

The grossest thing I've ever found in my food was a bone in a hamburger once - not surprising. I've also come across a lot of hairs in food. 

I remember a long time ago when I was 7 or 8 I was at a family cookout, right?

Anyway, my sister was about to eat a sandwich until she realized there was a beetle in it.

...Probably because I put it there.

• Brohoof 7

Ew, these are really gross! I've read of plenty of nasty things - Once someone found a bloody razor in a bag of Jolly Ranchers.

I've read worse :P

I can't recall which one it was, but there was an Arby's that had a girl slice the tip of her finger off while cutting meats. She didn't tell anyone and ran off to tend to her wound. Meanwhile some other employee saw she was gone, took the meat and served it!

Fingertip and all... Customer bit in and found the finger. Freakout ensued.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

YES! My father once hid mustard on my hamburger! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but believe me it is...

But other than that, I can regretfully say I haven't found anything disgusting in my food. I say regretfully because just think about it. 21 years and I've never seen an insect in my food? There likely was a situation once or twice where this has occured and take one guess where said hypothetical insect most likely ended up...

I really feel sorry for you guys though, I mean wow...

• Brohoof 3

hair.  so much hair.  D:

and meat.  ew ew ew, I'm vegetarian and people don't seem to understand what NO MEAT means.  >:(

And when I was at an outside bar, a bug fell into my drink.  I took the bug out and drank it anyways.  Those drinks are expensive.

• Brohoof 2

Not much, but still, found a couple of disgusting creatures inside my foods and drinks.

I found a dead cockroach inside my desert. Luckily, I never ate the cockroach but still ended up vomiting in the toilet after a uneventful sight of the dead, disgusting cockroach.

the unit I used to live in in Sydney was roughly 100 years old, was falling apart and infested with cockroaches, not the giant scary ones but the smaller variety. So,every now and then, when I would forget about my coffee, and then remember it a few minutes or an hour later, I would find a cockroach in it, luckily for me, I would always check before taking a sip of it though.

EDIT: I would have liked the unit to be fixed up, but it was a small one bedroom unit ontop of the drycleaners my wife used to work at and one of the "landlords" was a stingy bastard! I mean he's a bloody multimillionaire and couldn't be f**ked fixing it up... So glad my parents bought the unit my wife and i are renting off of them, though we will need to move next year

Edited by Swift Quill
  • Brohoof 1

A few years back, one day I microwaved a leftover burger and as I bit into it I noticed several tiny brown ants both on the burger and all around the plate.  I'm still perplexed by exactly when they got on the burger.  And how exactly they survived being through the microwave.

Thankfully I'm not squeamish and I know eating bugs isn't exactly the end of the world (not even unhealthy in a lot of cases).  But I did toss the burger when I noticed.

The cliche hair I've had more times than I can count but a fly maggotted all over my steak one night :'( the steak that got away, 

I drank a cricket once >< my friend saw it floating in my drink and decided not to tell me till I drank it. I ALWAYS check my food and drinks after choking down that little bucker

I was eating some chicken alfredo, and I noticed a small piece of something in the sauce.  I looked closer and it was a spider.  I'm not that big a fan of spiders, so I returned it and got a burger instead.

I was eating some graham crackers. These had already been opened and put into a small bag and twisted shut, but had been in the cupboard for a long time. I'd eaten a couple, then looked at half of one in my hand and saw a brown worm crawling on it. I went through the whole kitchen and threw away anything that had already been opened. I mean come on, we aren't so poor that we have to eat year old crackers.

I bought some peanut brittle bars from this Mexican food store. It was a pack of about 10 individually wrapped bars. When I got to the last one, I saw that bugs had made a home in it. I only hoped that the other 9 I had eaten were no so infested. Oh well, what are you going to do?

I saw a website where people find all kinds of things in their food. It made me think about going vegetarian. Then I saw pictures of spiders and worms in salads. Then I just gave up and accepted it. You're going to eat bugs. There's pretty much no way around it.

Back when I was 14 years old, there was leftover pizza, and I wanted to use some marinara sauce with it. So I got the jar, and opened it, and I saw so much fuzzy stuff all over the sauce. My dad said it was bacteria. Probably the worse I've been through with food.

No one, I repeat no one will mess up my food, or else they will have to deal with me.