Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever found any disgusting stuff in your food?

GhostPony750

There was once a dead roach in my rice, thankfully I ran my fork through the rice before eating and it turned up.

Hair....there's just something about hair in your food that is revolting....

Edited by Unipeg

Ever found any disgusting stuff in your food?

Food. :P

But for real; I once found some hair in my lasagne [the reasy-to-eat one which you can find in UKs' Tescoes]. It was quite disturbing. But I ate it anyway, because I was too hungry to be disgusted. :P

To be honest I hardly even care when I find something in my food. If I find insects, I take them out of my food simple and continue eating it. The same goes for pretty much everything, hair is the least of my worries yet it's the most common. One time though I was eating a nut and I was removing it's shell or whatever it's called and I was going to eat it when I suddenly see bunch of larva's or worms in it. Luckily I look before I eat.. Most of the time.

The only gross thing I can think of is that about two years ago I found a hair in my sandwich (and no it was not my hair).

I guess one day probably (more than likely) find something really gross in my food (Maybe something like worms or even spiders).

Dang, lots of posts about spiders being found in people's food. For me, when I was half way done drinking a tall glass of orange juice, I noticed a couple of dead ants in it.

About a year ago, my dad bought a rump roast from his local grocery store. On the same day of purchase, he took it out of the package and noticed that the bottom of the meat was completely fuzzy green.

Ugh yes I have. Like one time I was just eating some Graham Crackers and then it turned out there was a cockroach in the bag and it jumped out and I screamed and accidentally threw the Graham Crackers all over the place. Also have found hair in my food on many occasions.

I've never found anything outside of a hair, but the one that sticks out happened when I was in 4th-5th grade.

Me and my friend were eating lunch, when one of us (can't remember who) finds a hair. It wasn't that big of a deal, but we decided that we wanted a new one. So we go up to one of the lunch ladies, ask for a new lunch, and show her the hair. She takes the hair from us, throws it away, and tells us to sit back down. We tell the principal about the hair, who asks them about it. They deny it, accuse us of lying, and say that we are trying to get them fired. The lunch ladies then decide that they can be assholes to us as long as we went that school.

I hated them.

Last night I settled down with a nice cup of tea, and a moth took a suicide dive into it. I heard a "plunk" and looked. sure enough there was a dead moth in my tea. threw the whole thing out.

I once let a kitten get all comfy on me, and she wanted to investigate my tea. I let her drink it. she purred, and then I drank the rest of the tea, kitten germs and all.

I find hairs every so often in some foods, but that's about it.

However, I did read a story about someone who went to TGI Fridays and found a piece of skin in his food. Someone had cut themselves while preparing it....that's probably the worst case I've heard, along with some of the "I swallowed a bug" stories in this thread.

Let's see here...

A while ago, I...

• Found hair in my mashed potatoes
  • Drank some soda out of a straw, I then poured it out and found out there were around 5 dead gnats in it.

I think that's about it, when eating, I make sure to pay close attention, and I also don't drink anything that has been left untouched for more than 5 minutes.

Haha, yeah I'm the same with drink! I have seen a few people getting stung by wasps that have flow ingto there drinks when they are not watching!

I have also found a sausage that had a blue plastic glove rather then sausage meat stuffed into it! Horrible :P

• Brohoof 1

There was once I day I craved for a nice omelette. So I took out everything I needed. At one point I took out the eggs and one of them felt a little bit heavier than the others. Not thinking about it I cracked the egg when suddenly a frickin' half-born chicken came out.

Needless to say I don't feel like eating omelette ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a fly in one of my drink glasses when i was getting something to drink, now I wash out and check each glass before i drink it. 

There is also a few times i've found hair, mine or others in my food.(My hair is long and curly, so it ending up in my food is possible enough really.)

Nothing crazy though, and i hope i never will, because i may not eat for a while if i do...

When I was young. I got a cheeseburger for Canada Day. I was going to put on ketchup on it when I saw a small beetle on the patty. I shrugged and put ketchup on it to stop it from escaping. I ate the cheeseburger, but I didn't notice the beetle. Strange.

• Brohoof 1

I've found hair in food at restaurants(dine in types)

I found a solid lump of sugar in a box of Mini-Wheats before. It was roughly the size of a golf ball. Phoned and complained.Got a bunch of free cereal and stuff from it.

Also found a huge wad of marshmallow in a box of Lucky Charms....it was inedible.

pieces of plastic and metal in various things as well.

I really don't understand what is so "disgusting" about hair in your food; everyone has hair, many pets have hair, there's hair everywhere. It's going to end up in your food at one point or another, and it's just... hair. Take it out and keep eating, or hell, just eat it with the food; it isn't going to harm you.

As a kid, I remember ordering some take out Chinese food from this restaurant that we would always eat at every week. We bring the food back to my dad's shop, and open the box of fried rice. Inside, after the first initial layers of rice, was this huge green beetle, at least 1-2 in long. 

At the time, we didn't give a single care in the world. What are we gonna do, waste some fried rice? Move that sucka aside and enjoy the meal.

I really don't understand what is so "disgusting" about hair in your food; everyone has hair, many pets have hair, there's hair everywhere. It's going to end up in your food at one point or another, and it's just... hair. Take it out and keep eating, or hell, just eat it with the food; it isn't going to harm you.

At home, it's more annoying that harmful, and you're right, just move it out and enjoy the food. At a restaurant, it really means assuming a couple of things like

• Proper hygiene is actually maintained by the cooks/workers (you'd be suprised how often this isn't the case)
  • Cross contamination isn't happening

Yeah you're probably not gonna die (and shouldn't make a big deal out of it), but when going out to eat, you sorta expect this to not happen. Plus, you never know just where that hair's been at.

• Brohoof 1

oh and another time when I went up in the morning, I took some Corn Flakes, and there was like this sort of bug in it :S And ever since I've been looking into my corn flakes a little just to see there are no bugs, lol

I found a sandwich filled with planks if that counts...

SOMEONE FREAKING ATE IT.....

IT was bitemarks and they even got a piece of it.....

(not sure what it is called, it was pieces of wood glued together)

One time, I found a fried beetle of some sort with my food.  It must have gotten in with the batter that they used(it had a bit of batter on it.)  

Another time I found hair with my ice cream...

A clump of weave with my food...

Some rotten take out...

Piece of glass in my jell-o...