Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

having trouble fitting in?

ScarletDagger

No matter where I go, I'm a little slow at getting the hang of things. I don't earn instant popularity. But I know where it's worth putting my effort. So I keep at it, at my normal pace, until I feel comfortable with my surroundings and I become a memorable forum member. I'm in no rush to make my mark. And it's OK if I never do. But when I do, I know in the end that it was worth the wait and the effort.

Your backstory is a sob story? Well, if you say that, then perhaps I would've been judgmental of it, too. I kinda roll my eyes at people who share their elaborate "tragic" pasts for a couple reasons.

The number 1 reason is that everyone suffers, and everyone has sore spots in life. Some stories are worse than others, but regardless, we all have them, therefore having a sad backstory doesn't make you a special snowflake, and I feel like when people share them off the bat to a bunch of Internet strangers that they're trying to get attention and have people feel sorry for them.

If that's not the case, then the number 2 reason for me rolling my eyes is because people share about their personal lives far too quickly to others. I'd rather get acquainted with somepony before I hear about the stuff that's happened in their lives. I'd like to get to know them on a basic level - what's your personality, what are your likes/dislikes, what do you believe in, etc. If the first thing I learn about a person is a sad story that they themselves are mentioning, it makes me think, "Woah, easy buddy, I don't even know you and here you are sharing these very personal things to me." It makes me uncomfortable. Or it makes me think that you're an attention whore. Either way, it's not good.

It's good to be honest. But I prefer to be more familiar with a person before I know about their deepest emotions and most life-changing moments.

As for RPing... I don't do it. I've tried it before and I wasn't bad at it or anything, but it just doesn't interest me. *shrug*

wasn't about my life though. Not even close. But it was very entertaining.

Heh, you should see me when I first joined the forum. I was messing up 24/7, I though that I wasn't fitting in and I almost quit the forum, but everypony proved me wrong, that I have fit in just perfectly.

So yeah, If I managed to fit in, you will surely fit in too... no... you have already fit in. ^_^

I'm only on my second day here and am feeling a bit awkward still. ;) I'm sure it will get better though.

I wouldn't worry about not fitting in, everyone seems really supportive and nice. Just forget about whatever has happened and make the most of the present. :D

wasn't about my life though. Not even close. But it was very entertaining.

In that case, now I'm horribly curious about what your bio used to say... lol

Also, as a rule of thumb, everyone starts out as a newb. It's hard for Internet veterans to remember that they used to be newbs too, so it's easy for veterans to make fun of newbs or criticize them rather harshly.

But remember, they were newbs too, even if they don't remember. And if you stay on the Internet long enough and you're not stupid, you'll become a veteran soon enough. :)

I feel the same way sometimes :S

not long ago I posted a topic because I needed help whit some thing, but it just ended up as me seeming like a thief.

I explaind it laiter and everypony forgaive, soo no worries you'll find that you fit right in :D

In that case, now I'm horribly curious about what your bio used to say... lol

Also, as a rule of thumb, everyone starts out as a newb. It's hard for Internet veterans to remember that they used to be newbs too, so it's easy for veterans to make fun of newbs or criticize them rather harshly.

But remember, they were newbs too, even if they don't remember. And if you stay on the Internet long enough and you're not stupid, you'll become a veteran soon enough. :)

Like I said. It looks like a sob story mixed with love, hate, and the elements. But if you want to see it I'll put it up on the mess up above my original in character database. I showed my friend and she loved it.