Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Are there any franchises you like more than MLP: FiM?

Rainbow Eclipse

Just a thought. I for one, even though I like video games, would pick MLP over other franchises anyday. But for you guys, are there any shows, video games, and whatnot that you prefer over MLP?

Edited by Chocolate Pegasus

Hmm. Not really, MLP has been the only really interesting franchise to me for the past 2 years. The only other one to come close to it would be the Souls series.
post-19677-0-57215300-1379241085_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

The last generation of MLP? :3

Joking...

But my pick for games must be the Counter-Stike series. I was a champ at that game once! Then i got friends. ._.

And movies/shows must be Jurassic Park! I just love it so much! No idea why. But it gives me a wierd "vibe" when i watch it! So epic!

(But MLP always comes first! :3)

• Brohoof 1

Well games Final Fanasty, Call Of Duty, SOCOM(it could come back)

As far as TV shows House, Destination Truth

But mlp will always be there when I need to calm my anger

Well...I'm not sure if some of these count as franchises, but here we go...

• Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • Portal
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas

I suppose those are the main ones I prefer over MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Well, in terms of overall, I'd say Starcraft used to be bigger for me than MLP is now. But they never ran together for me, so I couldn't say for sure. I was very competitive in Brood Wars, sometimes even participating in state-level competitions. (Like Game Stop's old competitions they used to do)

But as for now, MLP is my biggest franchise, and I think I'll stick with it for a while.

For a long time it's been a power struggle between Warhammer 40,000 and MLP, and I have to say my interest in Warhammer 40,000 has sparked massively recently, hence my reduced activity on the forums. However, I still do love MLP, and I'm sure as my Warhammer 40,000 side dies down a bit I'll have more time for MLP.

kYqWPio.jpg

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 2

Mario, hell yes. I've been playing Mario ever since little 5 year old me sat down and played some Super Mario Bros 3 on my dads NES. Mario's grown on me and it is one of the few, if not the only game franchise I will buy an entire console for (I bought a wii just so I could play the new mario, totally worth it :D) It's my favorite video game franchise and I think it beats out MLP for the top spot (or maybe Doctor Who, I can't decide who go's second XP) Oh and I'm really sad that I don't own a wii u so I can't get the new ones :blush: . (I have no money because I just bought an awesome laptop over the summer :P)

Or maybe Ghost Trick, my singular favorite game of all time :P Not much to talk about with that though, barely anyone plays it. It's just me and a few friends talking about it at school. :D

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. My fan-adoration of that game has subsided until Dual Destinies comes to America this year, but it's always been around my #1 favorite games.

I guess it doesn't help that in my view, MLP's awesomeness has been really slipping, but let's not get into that here.

Possibly A Song of Ice and Fire. The books are fantastic and all of them are probably in my top 20 favorite books of all time (Would say top ten but A Feast For Crows sort of ruins that.) The show isn't half bad either but not as good as the books in my opinion. But it's really close between MLP and ASOIAF.

• Brohoof 1

I love many franchises, but there are none I love more than MLP. MLP is the first franchise where I actually decided to write fanfics about among other things. I have never done that with any other franchise. It's just something about MLP that draws my attention. The franchise that would come after MLP is Pokemon. :)

first off, there has never been a franchise i adored as much as MLP, the only other franchise to come close to the utter admiration MLP generates is Harry Potter. Harry Potter and Batman and Avatar was my childhood, so was Samurai Jack. But i love MLP more than Harry Potter, it's a damn shame that MLP generation four came after my childhood ended.

Edited by Tan

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

To be honest as of now, I don't really think so. But that might change in the future. Well, lets just wait and see shall we. Or maybe not?

I've been a fan of franchises like Kingdom Hearts and especially Sonic for many years. MLP has only been the last couple of years and it's not going to top things that I've fanboy'd over for so long and still do to this day.

On top of that video games are my life. It'd take something REALLY special to top video games and MLP is not it.

I'm also a collector of cartoons ranging from new to old and asking me to put MLP above anything from the '40s to the '60s isn't gonna happen. Cartoons were more imaginative in that time period than they ever were in the last ten or fifteen years.

MLP is good, to be sure, but if I were to pick any cartoon as a favorite it'd be something more along the lines of Tom & Jerry, Dick & Larry (or Van Beuran's Tom & Jerry) or even Gabby.

I think technically there are franchises I prefer over MLP (the Persona series, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Witcher the Cthulhu Mythos etc.) But MLP has a really special space in my heart. I would almost put it into a different category away from all the others. It's difficult to explain. It is the first franchise that has inspired me to become part of it's community. It is also the first since I was very little which made me want to create content. So while there are many things that I think are superior to MLP, I can't honestly say I like any of them better than it. 

Actually there's quite a few. Just for a short list:

The Simpsons at least earlier seasons and Futurama, basically Matt Groening written shows. Cowboy Bebop for sure, Rurouni Kenshin and Soul Eater at least tie with MLP:FiM. Mr. Roger's Neighborhood holds a very special place in my heart too, so there's that. Some shows like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead I haven't watched thoroughly enough so I can't really say either way, even though I have positive opinions on both of the two mentioned.

In terms of other stuff like video games, I could name stuff like the Mario franchise in general, but It would be an unfair and unfeasible comparison. You're comparing apples to watermelons at that point. I'm not going to compare Mario games to Titanic or Batman movies. This equally applies even to a lot of the shows I mentioned above.

To be sure MLP: FiM is well above average for a show of its genre and overall. But like many franchises and shows like Adventure Time, and even Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, MLP:FiM hasn't been around nearly long enough for me to make a thorough assessment of the show. Season 4 should definitely hopeful fleshing out the depth of the show and seeing how well it "ages."

Edited by Cwanky

Um well I dunno

Metal Gear Solid

Kingdom Hearts

Mario

Sonic

Pokemon

Fire Emblem

Socom

Uncharted

Starfox

Super Smash Bros.

Soul Calibur

Mortal Kombat

Tekken

Legend of Zelda

many more.

MLP is still good though. HAHA

• Brohoof 2

For a television series, I would have to say Firefly. It may have been cancelled, but it was one heck of a show. For a gaming franchise I would say Pokemon, for books, The Song of Ice and Fire. MLP FiM is the main show (or should I say, the mane show) that I currently watch.