Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Are there any franchises you like more than MLP: FiM?

Rainbow Eclipse

i wouldn't say i like it more, but only because i love both of them and their respective fandoms a lot. Doctor Who is the only show that comes close to the awesomeness of this show imo. i love them both so much i can't say which is better.

• Brohoof 2

Well, there's the Total War and Age of Empire games, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Metal of Honor, Ace Combat, and the Littlest Pet Shop, to a certain degree, however LPS is earning my affection just like the other franchises I already like.

• 2 weeks later...

Rev, on 15 Sept 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:Hmm. Not really, MLP has been the only really interesting franchise to me for the past 2 years. The only other one to come close to it would be the Souls series.
rainbow_dash___the_chosen_undead_by_fribox-d5r1afn.png

Awesome artwork bro

There are two huge ones that come to mind, first is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which was one of first shows I went full blown fanboy over and went fanboy all over again for the 2003 series and am doing so again for the 2012 series. What else can I say other than cowabunga. The second one is Star Wars which was like my crack in middle school and got really into it again after playing the Knights of The Old Repblic games and really getting into the Old Republic era and sith history and lore.

If you're able to tell by my profile, I have a DEEP AND BURNING interest in Gundam. For real. I still like MLP, I still love the community, but I have a BURNING PASSION for mobile suits and giant robots powered by Newtypes and stressed out teenagers. Oh yis. @w@

Before I go, SIEG ZEON!

I really don't want to say it, but something about world of warcraft just keeps me interested in it despite me not playing it for a year, i have still kept in touch with it and watched all the cut scenes! 

Appart from that FIM is probably the thing I have enjoy the most out of anything over the last few years! I don't have plush's of any other characters ;)

• Metroid, I have every game except Other M and the systems they play on.
  • Invader Zim and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac are some other things I'm fond of. My nickname was GIR throughout high school since I could do his voice perfectly. I still use that nickname for a few select things.
  • Also really like Lilo & Stitch. I use to watch the TV cartoon every Saturday morning when it was on. Recently picked up the Blu-Ray/DVD set of both movies. I can talk like Stitch as well too. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I really don't want to say it, but something about world of warcraft just keeps me interested in it despite me not playing it for a year, i have still kept in touch with it and watched all the cut scenes! 

Appart from that FIM is probably the thing I have enjoy the most out of anything over the last few years! I don't have plush's of any other characters wink.png

Sounds like me, I've not played WoW in a few years but I still have a spot for it. Mainly because I love the lore, partly because I played it from the original beta up through Cata. I originally quit shortly after getting a Worgen leveled but my friend/former guild mate talked me into coming back because the guild was having major issues with Rag and they needed some help. So I came back and gave him a taste of my dual giant battleaxes. angry.png  I'm really enjoying GW2 now, but if WoW goes FTP I'll probably hop back on now and then to screw around.

Other than my Jeep obsession, I've never joined a forum or been as active about anything else except FIM though.

Edited by Puddlejumper

None, MLP is my number 1 franchise. There isn't any other series or franchise I love more. It's really close up there with Warhammer 40K, Warcraft and Doctor Who. But that's because I love the lore of the first two and Doctor Who is just awesome to watch. However, never has a franchise gotten me so involved in the fandom and never has a franchise motivated me so much as this one. Not in all my years of watching anime, playing games, reading books or watching cartoons. MLP is the one that has influenced my life the most.

Strangely, come to think of it, I don't think there are. I still think all the stuff I was a big fan of a few years ago (Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Final Fantasy) is pretty cool, but MLP: FiM is the only franchise I feel really close to right now.

Command and Conquer and Warhammer 40k. I adore 40k and grew up from baby quirky to big boy quirky playing the Tiberium saga of command and conquer and leading the Brotherhood of Nod to victory against the fascist oppression of GDI. In the name of Kane, Peace through power 

Not really, i quite enjoy MLP, nothing has quite reached me level of love and dedication to a fanbase and show as MLP.

Of course a close second is pokemon, I play alot of pokemon, and while i'm not involved in the fandom, i still love it.

As far as TV shows definitely not, i don't watch any other TV really though.

MLP just has a nice click of magic to it that keeps me watching and rewatching it and perks me up almost always.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's pretty obvious. The ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises; they've racked up some really enjoyable movie moments.

Listing all the good anime shows I've watched would take some time, so yeah.

The STAR WARS franchise is okay. I used to be a Trekker until a year after discovering pony.

• 7 years later...

Plenty of video games like Megaman, Zelda, MGS, and Super Smash Bros. As far as toys and tv shows go, I'm a bigger fan of Transformers and Power Rangers(though I think the first half of FiM is the cream of the crop as far as Hasbro shows go)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't say more than MLP, but a a few come to mind.

1. Strawberry Shortcake. Adorable girl with a strawberry motif, super nice to everyone, and with a love for baking. What's not to like?
  2. Littlest Pet Shop. At first I wasn't so keen on the 2012 series, but a few season 1 episodes warmed me up to it. I watched the 2018 reboot, but I found several episodes offensive, so I'm sticking to the 2012 series from here on out. 
  3. I used to be into Pokemon, but I stopped caring about it. Although sometimes I'll play Incineroar in SSBU. 
  4. Final Fantasy. Mostly for the music, but the stories from 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are the stuff of legends. 

5. Klonoa. Very underrated series. Highly revolutionary for a platformer, with equally stunning music to boot. 

Edited by Sasoriman
Forgot one