Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you go to sleep?

NothingIsEverything

So, is there any routine that helps you go to sleep?

What I've been doing lately is listening to Ray Lynch's "The Oh of Pleasure" a few times before I go to bed, and a few times I set it on autoplay while I sleep. I never really had heard of such a relaxing song in my life.

Here is the song:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=IozQ437Nn6c

• Brohoof 4

Well,the melatonin I've been taking,really helps.

0068113105691_500X500.jpg

As for other things,i usually just listen to AVGN,Irate Gamer,or Nostalgia Critic reviews until I fall asleep.

That's really it.

• Brohoof 7

I pretty much cry myself to sleep every night...  I usually listen to audio books (right now Star Wars the Last Command) since I can't sleep in complete silence. I sometimes listen to music but with music in the background I end up thinking a lot about different things as my mood changes with the music.

Edited by Armchair Adventurer
  • Brohoof 7

First of all, I listen to some music, usually violin related. Next, I lie down in bed and find a comfortable position. Then, placing a pillow over my head so that I block out all noise and possible light. Finally, I think about my favorite fanfics about MLP or my own story and I'm asleep before I know it.

• Brohoof 5

I lay in bed and watch youtube videos on my phone like Pewdiepie or Markiplier and then i close my eyes and think of something like me meeting Pewdiepie and then i would have a lucid dream of what i was Thinking :D

I always have lucid dreams but i have to try and not think of something scare Or something dirty XD

• Brohoof 1

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Usually reading or listening to music or just staying up as late as you can without passing out in the first place. So yeah. heh

Usually just thinking about my day helps, not really much to think about yet it's something. I usually lucid dream, so I usually think about cars. I often go on the forum right before I go to sleep. I guess, I just try to relax by thinking about stuff. So thinking is the best way, imagining how I would have done something differently or just thinking about what I'll do tomorrow. It can either prevent me from sleeping or help me sleep. Most of the time it helps, I don't have a routine like listening to music or something like that.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I love to do some meditation before I go to bed I find it to be extremely relaxing and calming. When I've that I'll just relax and watch something on YouTube with my phone until I fall asleep. 

• Brohoof 2

Generally I feel very sleepy even, but what helps me sleep are the songs I hear, like Evanescence or Era. like: Bring me To Life from Evanescence and Ameno from Era. Sometimes i listen Dubstep to dream with a pony battle.  B)
But now I'll be seeing what is going on the internet

9db.gif

• Brohoof 4

I have a classical playlist I built to listen to before I go to sleep. If I intend to nap, I lean back in my chair, close my eyes and let my music play quietly as I fall asleep. Sometimes (truthfully, many times) I also brew myself a cup of tea to help me relax before going to bed.

Pachelbel's Kanon in D is deadly in this regard. It nearly always puts me to sleep when I reach it on the playlist. Sometimes this backfires though when I choose the wrong music to play. I once woke up to Moskau blaring full blast.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

I am one of those people that just can't go to sleep on whim I NEED to be tired, this usually leads me to staying up late and then this means I'm usually tired when I wake up the next morning. This means I normally have 7 hours sleep a day (totally fine :D) and then I make sure I get a lie in one day a week to catch up hours I miss making myself tired :P

Apart form that I often watch youtube in bed and listen top audiobooks if I can't get my brain to turn off!

• Brohoof 4

I just watch Youtube, listen to music, or mess around on these forums until I'm to tired to even function. I have to do this almost every night because I just can't automatically fall asleep.

• Brohoof 1

If I just want to take a nap, I'll usually read something mildly interesting. Not too interesting to where I will keep reading but interesting enough for me to want to read it.

If I want to go to bed, then it's ice cold Mountain Dew. It calms me down and I'm out in a few minutes. Did I mention I have ADHD? 'Cause that's kind of important.

• Brohoof 1

I usually need it to be dark and quiet.  I'm not one of those people who falls asleep watching TV or listening to music.  I've had my own bedroom my whole life so maybe I'm used to quiet.  I also need to be on my stomach most of the time, maybe occasionally on my side, but never on my back.  Having more than one pillow and not eating right before bed also helps.  I'm a kinda picky sleeper, unlike my bff, who can take a nap whenever and wherever he wants.

• Brohoof 2