Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you go to sleep?

NothingIsEverything

Just like most of everypony else put... music. Just listening to some easy tunes will get me to sleep but not always. Sometimes if I'm hearing someone singing in the song I wouldn't sleep. What I would listen to is mostly MLP music. Other times I would think of being in Equestria and meeting Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 1

What helps me to go to sleep the most is to try to go to sleep at the same time every night. Setting a consistent sleep schedule not only helps improve my wakefulness, but helps me to get enough sleep consistently by going to sleep at a good time each night. I discovered last school year in 10th grade that just getting a lot of sleep one night was not enough to make me awake and alert the next day. If my sleep schedule was erratic, the amount of sleep I got would not be sufficient to help me stay awake. However, getting enough sleep every night has helped me to do so.

• Brohoof 2

I would often imagine my OCs having fun together. In particular, maybe I could imagine Chemm and Erlen doing cute things as a couple as well as Sterling and Blue Note as a couple. I would also try hugging my fluffy pillow tightly so I feel comfy in my bed. That really helps me sleep well.

• Brohoof 1

I grew up with a bright as buck street light just outside my window that even with blinds closed would leave a dim light so what little sleep I get needs to be in dim light I can't sleep in pitch black at all. Stupid conditioning :\

Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 1

I stay up way past the time i should, and then eventually go to sleep after i can hardly keep my eyes open, and have to wake up for school tomorrow.

I normally get in bed get my ipod and listen to music or watch youtube or something. Thats about it really. 

• Brohoof 1

I like to kind of push my head back into my pillow slowly and gently and then focus on a nature scene and relaxing thoughts and that usually helps me fall asleep even if I'm not at all tired.

• Brohoof 1

Allergy pills, for some reason I just can't sleep without taking them...

I used to have some mental rituals but I've grown out of them for the most part, save for having to know what time it is before I close my eyes.

I'd say doing stuff like watching videos before I go to sleep help but sometimes they just keep me awake more often than not haha. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I have an app on my phone for listening to online radio stations and they have a few that play Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell I always listen to that when going to sleep(it even has a few brony radio stations)

• Brohoof 1

Why listening to blood curdling Creepypastas of course.

I only kid, but generally I find a song I particularly like or a good book or poem. Sometimes its something as simple as playing silly games like Candy Crush on my phone. What especially helps though are series and comedies I enjoy watching. I usually find that a good laugh can make you forget about even the worst argument or worries you may have and ease your mind to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

I listen to soothing and sad (but with intentions of happiness) music.

It varies from To The Moon or Land Of Equestria (Orchestrated Anthem). Usually one or the other. It can be both, though.

• Brohoof 2

Usually I fall asleep watching anime and that help... although its detrimental too...cause I get way to interested in the show and stay awake to watch more and more xD

Either way, point is I like to watch things before I sleep :3

• Brohoof 2

I usually don't have a problem with falling asleep since I stay up until I feel tired lol, but when I'm a bit restless, I tend to listen to music or just browse my laptop for a bit. I also like to think about ponies, which helps too. Oh yeah, I got a 4DE Twilight plushie recently, so lately I've been trying out sleeping with that, and it has made sleeping an easy feat :)

• Brohoof 1