Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you go to sleep?

NothingIsEverything

Cold pillows always helps me fall asleep, usually if they are warm or hot i could never fall asleep i dont know why, but just accept it :P. Other than that i usually fall asleep to the sound of the night. Or i would go on youtube or listen to music or something

Edited by Night Sky
  • Brohoof 1

Like most people, I usually sleep with my fan on.It keeps me cool throughout the night and I like the calm sound it gives off.

On occasion, I also listen to soft Christian music or some soft brony songs. I have a whole set-list for that kind of stuff.

• Brohoof 3

I usually just stay up late enough to where it doesn't require much effort for me to fall asleep, as I would've already used up all my energy by then. :P

So all it takes is enough body fatigue, boredom, and laying down. xD

• Brohoof 1

living in Toronto for the first five years of my life had made me need a source of noise to fall asleep. i would usually listen to comedy radio or use the sound i have recorded of cars and other ambient city noises

• Brohoof 1

I do have a routine, but it's not really for helping me go to sleep. My routine consists of adjusting the fan ( on if it's not raining, off if it is raining), go through a mental checklist of things I have/want to do the next day and a quick check to make sure all my alarms are set. Of those things, only the fan is meant to help me sleep; the rest just plague my mind if I don't take care of them.

• Brohoof 1

Heh... Simple question. I do not need any special things to do that. I just turn off all light in my home. Ok... The only thing that I need to sleep is silence. My family must by quiet.

• Brohoof 1

1) Make my room as dark as is possible. I mean seriously: my door has to be completely shut, my parents have to be asleep and I have to have as few blinking LEDs as possible (THANKYOU MacBook charger!).

2) Using my phone in bed, without any other lights on may not be terribly great for the eyes but at least it makes them tired. So assuming my parents don't take it away from me, that is the second thing I do. Even if it's taken I can always haul out the iPod for a bit of Vortex. biggrin.png

• Brohoof 2

Currently i'm on NyQuill Which seriously helped me sleep since i was sick, but usually i listen to some cool trans and some light mixes, light dubstep, you know watch some funny stuff, and as a last resort: eat a grilled cheese sandwich(brown bread, only mie) with a nice cup of coacoa smile.png

This is one of my favs songs :D 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjwfbpKON0E

Edited by Rayray
  • Brohoof 2

I'm one of those people who usually meditate or listen to binaural beats. In my opinion, Theta waves work best to induce sleep. But this style isn't for everypony. If you'd like to try it, feel free. :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't really think anything helps me get to sleep because i just fall asleep when i did not mean to

But if i can't get to sleep i will listen to this song now

Edited by codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 2

Very cold weather, rain, chamomile tea, reading, exercise, and the most peaceful, amazing song I have ever heard:

This one helps me sleep, too:

Now that I think about it, Ari Pulkkinen music, from Trine, helps me sleep, too.

• Brohoof 2

Melatonin does a great job of forcibly rendering me unconscious. And since it's a natural substance produced by your body for that purpose, no harm done.

For more indirect and soothing methods, I prefer listening to something soothing such as the FTL soundtrack or rain recordings. The imagination can be a powerful tool as well. Laying there and thinking of a forest covered in snow and icicles or a low-burning fire in a log cabin put me to sleep in short order.

The droning of a fan or something like it is pretty much a requirement regardless which of the above methods I employ.

• Brohoof 1

Music seems to be the common answer and I'm gonna have to cast another vote for it.

My go-to sleepytime music used to be Bach but lately I've switched over to Opeth. The song The Drapery Falls is a bucking lullaby to me, despite how aggressive it can get.

Ahhhhh, almost helps me forget that I'm gonna wake up with aching joints due to the horribly uncomfortable bed I'm using.

• Brohoof 2

If only I knew the answer to that question... When I really want to fall asleep but can't, I usually just try to tire my eyes out by staring at my alarm clock or mentally exhaust myself by thinking of everything that's on my mind.

• Brohoof 1

At night I have the radio playing listening to music.  If I need to take a nap during the day I listen to podcasts on my mp3 player.  Also I sometimes put something over my eyes to make it dark, or help keep my eyes closed since sometimes my eyelids flicker and open briefly and won't stay closed. 

Edited by Kulstor
  • Brohoof 1

I generally listen to a list of EDM songs before I go to sleep. They're sometimes different songs but here's the songs I usually listen to:

Tut Tut Child - Dance To It

DotEXE - Hipster Cutthroat

Ephixia - Ideekay

Approaching Nirvana - 2nd Flight

Arion - Elements of Sanity

Noisia - Gutterpump

Pegboard Nerds - Fire In The Hole

PIXL - Sugar Rush

Rogue - Dynamite

Rogue - Nightfall

Skifonix - Flatline

Tristam - I Remember

Tristam & Braken - Flight

TwoThirds - Tonight

Varien - Nights in Bangalore Pt.2

Varien & Razihel - Toothless Hawkins

Not in that particular order but those are the songs I listen to.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really do anything to help myself fall asleep since I usually have no difficulty in doing so, but one thing that can make me sleepy at night would definitely be doing or reading something that I am uninterested in. I have to confess though, that this is sometimes my homework. :lol:

Other than that, I also let my mind wander, which sometimes also makes my thoughts into dreams without me being aware that I'm actually already asleep. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I prefer it when it's really cold outside my bed. Darkness and silence is also preferred c: 

If it's especially hard for me to fall asleep, I just grab this toy that I've had since I was around four and snuggle with it. Works like a charm. 

• Brohoof 1

Read a book until I fall asleep, usually taking several hours. Or, I listen to some calm classical music, which also works quite well.

Or I just lie there until I fall asleep. Done.