Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you go to sleep?

NothingIsEverything

I just put some music on and lay there think about something like art or ponies

then when my eyes start to get dry and tired then I close my eyes and pass out

and i know when Im about to fall a sleep cause when close my eyes start to hurt quiet a bit then I fall a sleep is this normal

• Brohoof 1

Uhh...Oh what the f*ck I'll have to admit it sooner or later :P

I can't sleep with out my arms wrapped around one if my pillows imagining its a certain pony who won't be named *cough* Rainbow Dash *cough* because I'm weird like that...

• Brohoof 1

Probably staying up until about 01:45 AM on the computer, reading a book, or basically closing my eyes and absolutely do nothing but lay there and breathe- makes me fall asleep. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've been reading almost every night before I go to bed now for a while and feel like I have a better nights sleep (even if I don't sleep as long) when I ease into it rather than going straight from gaming or watching Anime or Youtube etc. Although if I'm honest, I'm not sure reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" is a good series to read before bed seeing as though you can't put the books down it's so damn good. On more than one occasion I've fallen asleep and woken up in the exact same position, sitting upright with the book in both hands haha.

• Brohoof 2

That is a very interesting topic to talk about

but sadly i don't have a routine  to help sleep

i don't sleep at all......well passing out is kind of like sleep

so i guess i do have one

My routine to sleeping is stay up till my body and brain shuts off

that is a great way to sleep is it not?

• Brohoof 1

I have to listen to several songs before I can even sleep. And oddly enough, it's all Alternative Rock songs. It's my favorite genre and it gets me ready for bed...a plus-plus. Also, I sleep on a box-spring, mattress and around 11 blankets so I'm pretty comfortable. And I HAVE to have some type of noise to sleep to, I usually have my box fan on. And from time to time, I need to sleep in a Derpy Hooves jacket because it's ridiculously comfortable. It usually takes me 1 hour to sleep...it took me 6 hours to fall asleep one night, before. blink.png

Also, I have a bit of a fear of the dark so I need some light. blush.png  And doing schoolwork makes me sleepy after a while so it helps me sleep. Oh, and I can't fall asleep early that often...nowadays, I fall asleep at around 7-10 a.m. I function best on 3-6 hours of sleep. I'm always tired no matter how much I sleep anyway, though. Also, sleep is A+ comfort for me...it's just so relaxing.

It's all so complicated anymore. Damn, mine is so long compared to everyone else's...I think I ranted a bit. wacko.png

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

I sometimes have real trouble switching off sometimes, and my anxiety just makes this harder still if that kicks in.

I use one of those sleep mask things in combination with white noise music on my ipod. sometimes i can sleep without these and sometimes i can't sleep with them, especially if its a warm night.

I envy those who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. >_<

The only way I'm ever able to go to sleep is to listen to music all night it makes me an extremely heavy sleeper (I slept through a fire alarm before sleep.png) the downside is if the music goes away ill wake up to the slightest noise ever.the only other way I'm able to sleep is to stay up so long that I cant keep my eyes open any longer and pass out from exaustion 

post-19960-0-59557600-1380877880.jpg

• Brohoof 2

yeas i was looking for a topic like this

well...most people call me a weirdo for this, but i listen to metalcore, melodic hardcore, etc... to help me get to sleep

here is an example 

• Brohoof 1

I like to turn on a floor fan as I need the white noise in order to sleep. I also make the temperature of the room slightly cool and I think of stories and adventures for characters I create. The characters are usually the ones I created for D&D or video games, but I also like to dream up adventures for my pony OC.

If none of that works then a nice cup of camomile tea usually does the trick.

Edited by Sylentmana
  • Brohoof 2

Sometimes I'll just listen to Chillstep or Serious Sam music. Other times, I'll be too tired to even turn on my computer, and I'll just grab my Rainbow Dash plush, cuddle it, and fall asleep. When I have my Dashie plush, I fall asleep in like 10 seconds or something. lol

I have a plush dragon I cuddle with, which helps me relax and fall asleep quicker.  I also sometimes listen to soothing music.  If I can't sleep, I usually end up thinking of random scenarios until I end up drifting off. 

I usually go to bed pretty early (like 9-9:30) but I never get to sleep until around 10. I usually just play my ipad until I get too tired to do anything anymore and fall right asleep.

Often I'll just lay there and contemplate life, though. :P

It not being stiflingly hot. That's about my one deal-breaker. Like many people, it's impossible to get to sleep from how uncomfortable I am when it's hot. Air conditioner in the summer, open window in the fall, and periodically closed and opened during the winter for short bursts of cool air + the occasional fan.

White noise is nice, but I've never actually bothered to try and measure how well it may or may not work. It always takes me twenty minutes or so to fall asleep regardless what I do, so it's kinda hard to tell.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Well, I have to take 5 different medications everyday just to help me sleep. I also have a Twily plushie that I really love, and she's pretty comforting for me. She normally falls asleep with me every night. I don't know how I could go to bed without her. :twismile: