Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you go to sleep?

NothingIsEverything

Usually I'd read books or draw something little while I'm laying in the bed. Or, then I just watch ceiling and let my thouhts wander. I usually want to keep phone and computer far away the time I go to bed (but sometimes I just won't tho). I don't listen music when I'm in the bed but before it this kind of dark, atmospheric music really calms me <3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvakpPy4iY

Cool temps and a red night light help me fall asleep. Switching out bright LEDs in the house with low color temperature ones (~2000K) seems to really help too.

• Brohoof 1

Insomnia runs in my family, so I've come up with quite a few ways of getting to sleep.

• A cold glass of milk. Not warm. It has to be cold, because then it'll make me cold, and I'll want to snuggle up in my bedsheets.
  • Listening to YouTube videos that involve fast talking. Think CinemaSins, or Overly Sarcastic Productions. My mind can't focus on what's being said, so I just pass out eventually.
  • Listening to sounds of rain, fire, crickets, wind (or all four!). Just some nice background noise to put me to sleep.
  • Doing push-ups, usually before I shower. Arms are hard to find comfortable positions for, so if they're tired, any position of rest is comfortable.
  • Opening the window. Not only does it let in fresh air, but it also lets in night sounds sometimes. Only problem is that loud noises outside will wake me up. :v
  • If all else fails, NyQuil, ZzzQuil, or other sedatives can usually put me to sleep. I turn to these as a last resort, since I feel sick to my stomach when waking up the next morning.
  • Brohoof 1

What helps me get to sleep is my Coloratura plushie and setting the TV to 'The Magic Inside' to repeat for the whole night. (A total waste of electricity, lol)

• Brohoof 3

• 11 months later...

fatigue, i make sure i'm very tired before i go to sleep because otherwise i'd just lie in bed for an hour or two before falling asleep, and i consider that wasted time

• 8 months later...
On 9/15/2013 at 8:42 PM, Codelyy said:

Pewdiepie or Markiplier

Back in the day when they actually made you fall asleep :Thorax:

Edited by Splashee®
I didn't mean to be rude, sorry if that came out that way