Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sky Pirates (Adventure/Humor)

Gray_Spectrum

Twisted walked onto the deck and stared into the city, "Bitter sweet feeling being here..." Sighing as he walked to the railing to watch the movements of the city. "I wonder if the underground is still running strong...wish I could show my face there, but I would end up dead." Smiling as he thought about the bits he stole from this city.

((Card shark and i'm open for convo.))

Sweetie looked up from behind her small desk smiling and saying, "welcome to Matched in Manehattan is there anything that I could help you with today?" This didn't seem like her usual customer which were snobby rich ponies looking for some flank, but this one seemed different more working class perhaps hoping to find a soal mate in this rumpus city of bustling ponies. She looked him up and down already making assumptions of what his type might be, 'perhaps a mare with a smaller frame somepony petite somepony he can take care of or perhaps somepony fun and exciting.' She was already listing in her mind possible mares and even a few stallions that fit the description her brows furrowing eyes narrowed she rubbed her chin sticking out her lower lip in a pout, this was her usual thinking face which though looked completely ridiculous it help in the over all process. But just then the process stopped when she realized it was just that one work horse that worked at the factory down the way, '..oh, what was it...'

"Puppyshoes?"

'No Celestia dammit' she knew that wasn't right.

Edited by slimmyjimjim

Twisted sighed, "It wouldn't hurt to see what has changed." Jumping off the boat walking towards the city's lights.

Twisted Fate looked around remembering all jobs done in this city, "Hopefully I just don't run into somepony that knows me." Noticing a building that was about some match making or something to do with love, "Why not I have a few hours to kill before I head back."

@@slimmyjimjim,

Opening the door looking around, "Well this is strange...hopefully I don't regret this later." Keeping his face covered with his hat. Walking up to the desk he tapped his hoof on the desk, "Excuse me can you do me a favor and explain this sort of work to me because I have no clue." Giving a little smirk.

crimson weighs the book his hooves for a moment as he inspects it, before sighing and nodding, "ok that sounds simple enough, I've been on a few delivery jobs in my time so this shouldn't be too hard, at least there's a chance that I could get jumped by some poor greedy sap that has no clue who he's trying to steal from, that could be fun or maybe an experienced fighter might even challenge me for it! now that would be interesting! but anyway, the books in safe hooves, I'll go get some sleep now but remember to wake me up when we get to Manehattan" said crimson with a yawn before trotting below deck and finding a quite spot to sleep.

@@slimmyjimjim,

The stallion quickly got his bearings and realized where he was. He shook his head and knew he really needed a cider.

"Uhhh sorry, I was looking for the pub but it seems that this isn't the right spot, heh. Sorry about that," He apologized to the mare while scratching his mane and giving a fake smile.

Nodding to crimson as he walked away, He brought the ship to ground. He decided to go to his work space he opened the door and noticed the note.

"Oh yeah I need to give him a food budget... should probably give moonlight a medical budget as well" he walks up to deck and noticed they were both talking "Oh how convenient. Hey Guys I have your Budgets. Dusk the food budget is 30,000 bits and Moonlight the medical budget is 45,000 bits sorry if that seems a little low. Just tell me if you need more."

He tossed bag of bits at the both of them. 

@@Duskrunner,

@@Moonlight Fire,  

Her attention turned to the door as somepony walked inside and straight up to her desk, at his question she smiled, "well sir, we do a large variety of things here. We work with you personally to find your perfect match and help you set up the best date possible and if you are unsatisfied we give you your bits back no problem. But I highly doubt that because we're so successful, with over 153 happy couples all throughout this wonderful city." She stepped out from behind the desk and trotted over to one of the shelves lining the walls, "here we sell gifts and cards for handsom stallions to give that lucky mare, and you can even order flowers to be sent anywhere in the city. If you like I can show you both a few catalogs."

Edited by slimmyjimjim

@@Gray_Spectrum,

Moonlight caught her bag of bits and glanced at it in surprise. First of all, it was amazing she had caught it, due to her clumsiness. Second of all, that sure was a lot of bits. "Thanks, Gray. I'll make good use of it," she said with a nod to the Captain, before stuffing it into her medical pack. The mare then remembered something she had been meaning to ask.

"Er, Gray. I suppose it would have been better to ask earlier, but where will out final destination be exactly?"

@@slimmyjimjim,

Twisted grinned as the mare spoke, "Weird business, but i guess everypony needs love." Tipping his hat up he stared at the mare. "I'm guessing you played the love game already because it would be weird if you did this solo." Laughing sightly. "Forgive me for laughing, but the business I'm in, love is just a risk." Interested in what the mare had to say.

@@slimmyjimjim, @@Brain Drain,

The earth pony approached the counter, barely noticing that there was another stallion there. He grabbed one of the catalogs and started flipping through the large book. There was a variety of flower arrangements, chocolates and wine.

"Wait...why am I here? I just want a drink." He thought to himself while going back and forth between pages.

@@thor9356,

"If your looking for a date then step in front of me because i'm just poking around." Stepping away from the desk.

"Somepony setting up dates...that idea to me is just flawed, but I guess this pony gave up looking so he is willing to buy a date. I wouldn't even waste one bit in this business." Thinking to himself as he looked out the door.

@@Brain Drain,

"I'm looking for a drink, not a date," He said bluntly to the stallion while flipping through the catalog. Truth was the earth pony was looking for a strong drink but nothing in the catalog didn't seem strong enough. Though the stallion did have a sweet tooth and would need something sweet.

@@slimmyjimjim,

"You got any of these for sale?" He asked pointing at a picture of chocolate truffles in the catalog.

"Excellent. Citywards ho!"

With a passing glance Duskrunner focuses on one of the earpieces, grabs it off the desk since he figured Gray meant to give one to Dusk a while back and slips it in his ear trying to figure how to use it.

"Excellent. All right, these are supposed to be communicators. Is this working, Yes? no/"

"HELLLO!!! TESTING!!! ANYPONY HEAR ME! IT'S DUSKRUNNER!"

(the fact that he's the one speaking means Dusk is the only one didn't get the feedback).

"No sir, but we do have a two for one sale buy any two flower bouquet or chocolate box and get a gem straight from the Crystal Empire!" She could see that she was getting nowhere with Puppyshoes so she decided to work with the second stallion, "go ahead and look in the catalogs and see what you like don't hesitate to ask me if there's anything you need. Now sir how may I help you are you looking for that special somepony?" She looked him up and down rubbing her chin and sticking out her lower lip, he didn't seem like the kind of stallion to settle down but maybe a marefriend somepony coy and flirtatious and just a little bit dangerous. Or mayne she had him pegged all wrong maybe he was the dangerous one and he wanted a meek shy little thing that was pure and innocent, it could go both ways. She listed off mare and stallions names in her head that fit each disciption and when she finished she smiled her coat brightening a little, crystalizing butshe didn't notice as she said, "if there's anything you need I can be sure to help you with it I've lived here my whole life so I've got all the connections." She gave him a wink.

"Final... Destination? well that's the 12 million bit question isn't it?" 

Gray looks over the rail

"Its called The island of the forbidden Mare. Its said to have more bits hidden on that island than you could get from selling all of Equestria... It's also called  Be the invisible island since nopony has ever found it.  To put it short if we find it every member of our crew will be the richest in not only Equestria but the entire planet."

Gray gets cut off by Dusks message "OW! CRIPES DUSK! Turn down the volume will ya? That hurt!"

"Anyway I should go find that stallion about the parts for the ship."

@@Duskrunner,

@@Moonlight Fire

@@slimmyjimjim,

"Gems...connections...who is this mare." Pondering his thoughts.

"Gems from the Crystal Empire aren't cheap I know that for a fact. You must be making a nice profit to be buying such gems." Turning to face the mare. "Maybe we can make a deal here after all." Holding a bag of 5,000 bits. "I would like to make this deal in private when you have a chance burn this and we will make some sort of agreement." Slipping her a golden card. "If you're looking for a pub go down the street and take a left." Disappearing into the darkness. 

Moonlight grinned in excitement at Gray's answer. She didn't especially need a whole lot of bits, but the aspect of the island itself excited her.

"Alright!" she nodded to the captain before turning to Dusk, and grabbing an ear piece for herself, just in case.

"Looks like we landed. I'm going to get my medical shopping done, and I'll try to meet up with you after, Dusk," she said briskly, before trotting off the ship. Moonlight walked through the stores, in a better mood then usual, and began her shopping.

Sweetie looked from Puppyshoes to the place that the other stallion had disappeared and laughed nervously, to her the stallion was a bit freaky but she decided to forget it for now and slipped the gold card into her desk, "usually ponies buy Chrystal Empire gems for there magical properties but I don't think he could use them the way he wants, anyway it's my lunch break wanna go to that pub? I need a stiff cider this week has been a bit crazy." She gave a half smile running a hoof though her mane trying to remember the last time she went out for a good time.

@@slimmyjimjim,

"Sure, I could use a drink," He replied to the mare while checking to see if he had his bits with him. He felt his pockets jingle jangle which indicated he had some money.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Dogboots." He said introducing himself to the mare. The earth pony's thoughts on that stallion that was at the shop earlier gave him bad vibes.

"The city...my money hole...my curse..." Wondering around the streets. "The birth place of dreams and the final stop for thieves, but seem there are more dreams then thieves. What happen since I left this place to become a world known thief. I guess once this mission is over I'll come back here and set up shop and start the underground crime once again." Spotting Moon in the distance. "If they only knew what happen to me in this city they would understand why I'm so bitter and violent, but I don't have time to give them my life story. We have money to be made and that would only slow down the process." Walking back into the alley.

((Just giving some background on his past.))

Gray trotted into Manehatten trying to keep a low profile "The ponies here know me a little too well... I hope I don't run into Glimmer that's all I need is a visit from my old partner...."

He said talking to himself while walking into a pub "where the hay is Cliff? he should be working tonight.... did i get the time wrong?"

He asked the bartender who looked to be new to the establishment. " Maybe he's...underground...Wait is it even still around after I left?"

Gray rushed out the only to run into A stallion on his way out. "Oh my apologies. Didn't see you there."  He stares closely at the stallion" Your outfit.... you look like a hard worker...and your marefriend..."

He looks over at the mare with the twin heart cutiemark " Do I know you? You look familiar..."

He stares at the two without saying a word like he's studding them.

@@thor9356,

@@slimmyjimjim,   

Edited by Gray_Spectrum

Twisted made his way back to the ship, "I stopped drinking, but I need one right now." Walking to kitchen grabbing whatever there was. Walking back to the deck he sat by the wheel of the ship, "Here's to the city that cursed me forever." taking a swig.

"I hope nopony is on this ship right now." Staring onto the deck.

crimson had awoken from his nap shortly after arriving in manehattan, trotting on deck to see twisted fate with his back turned to him, quickly trotting up behind him just in time to hear him say, something about hoping that nopony was on the ship. crimson scoffed, "why would that be? are you hoping to steal from everyone and flying off with the ship?" asked crimson half jokingly.

@@Gray_Spectrum,

"What? Is there something on my uniform?" He asked while checking for stains on his vest and jumpsuit. Normally the stallion didn't care how he looked but with somepony staring him up and down, he was beginning to worry a little. It was a little odd for some random stallion to be studying both him and his companion.

"You might. I know a lot of ponies around here, Sweetie Pie's the name and match making's my game." She flipped out business card handing it to the stallion, trying to find out if he was an old client of hers while trying to pin what his type might be. 'He doesn't judge by looks but by character so a mare with a lot of charisma and a love for adventure.' The list flew through her mind and she went down it scanning for a possible match and noting that 3 of the names belinged to mares that lived in apartments only a few blocks away.she looked over at her companion, "this is Dogboots and we were just about to get a drink care to join us?"