Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather have a girl or boy child first?

Zygen

75 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather a girl or a boy child first?

• Boy
    • Girl

Ok, so i know nobody can control what your first child will be(well unless you adopt them), or your second, or 25th(how you could have 25 children sounds a bit crazy unless you adopted them all to be honest but uh..) 

However, i'm just curious frankly, i dunno the question came to mind, and i wondered what people would prefer for their first child.

Regardless of if you end up having more then one child, i want to know what you think you'd prefer as your first born(Even if its your last) as far as gender is concerned.

So, if you had the ability to control it, what would you be your preferred gender for your first child? Regardless of whether you'll have more or not. 

Your reasons could be based on you thinking one easier, or one would make it easier to raise another child, or you just prefer to have a girl or a boy and not the other. 

This isn't necessarily a which is easier to raise in your opinion, so don't be confused, but just which you prefer as your first born gender wise.

If you don't plan on having any children thats ok, i'd still like if you participate with which you prefer, but its up to you. 

Remember everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so i'm sure people will have many different opinions. I'm simply curious to what others opinions are and what they prefer and why for their first born.

So without further rambling and expressing the fact I am a super long winded and boring individual... Lets get on with this.

What would you rather have a boy or a girl as your firstborn? 

I personally can see reasons for both frankly, but i have a slight inclination towards a girl, just because i'm a guy and girls end up being typically speaking to like their fathers more, where as sons and fathers tend to conflict more.

Of course i hope both would love me regardless. And I do plan to have a girl and a boy 1 each, of course I guess i'll have to see how things play out in the future(And if for that matter I ever get someone willing to marry me and give me two children ;p.)

So how about y'all?

• Brohoof 8

I think I would want to have a girl first. Not like I wouldn't want a boy first, but having a girl could probably make feel okay. But, it's up to my wife and I on that one.

EDIT: I was completely wrong in my statement.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

i would prefer having a boy first, i'd like a son, but i wouldn't miscare for if i had a girl, i just really want a boy though, to continue my family's lineage.

• Brohoof 1

I am hesitant to post this for fear of being labelled 'sexist', but the truth is I would rather my first child be a son.

I had an older sister, and let me tell you, raising a daughter, especially during the teenage years, seems like it would be a challenge. Based on my own experience, raising a son would be easier. That isn't to say I wouldn't want to have a daughter, I would just rather have a practice round of being a parent first.

• Brohoof 2

I'd like to have a girl first. I don't really know why; I guess I just would prefer to have a girl first. Plus, like you said, girls tend to bond better with their fathers. But, in the end, I don't really mind too much what gender; I'd worry much more about whether they'd love me or not. Hopefully, I would be a good father. I would also like to have a boy and a girl, so the first one's gender wouldn't really matter too much. So yeah, if I had to choose; I would pick girl, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know if I'll ever want kids, but if I end up wanting a few someday, I'd want a boy first and then a girl. I think it's nice for a girl to have an older brother to look up to, and for that older brother to take care of his little sis. I used to talk to this one girl, and she'd always tell me how caring her older brother is, so I guess that's where I got the idea from. Also, seeing Twilight and Shining Armor's relationship made me continue to feel this way. Basically, I'd want my daughter to have a BBBFF :) so boy first, and then girl.

Edited by Lero
  • Brohoof 4

I'd rather have a girl to be honest. Because, like you said Zygen, they tend to bond more easily with the father than the son with their father. Plus, having a daughter would be great for my future family, since it wouldn't be common, considering how many more son's have been born in my family than daughters.

It would definitely be interesting. x)

I always wanted a daughter, and if I don't end up with one in the future, I may consider adoption. Who knows.

I'll be fine with a son though. A daughter is what I would prefer though. Especially since I would be able to raise her up to be a nice, mature, and polite girl. Not like some of the stuck-up and over-spoiled one's I've had to deal with in the past. :/

But overall, that would be my general preference. :P

• Brohoof 2

Girls are in most cases harder to deal with than boys, well I'm thinking about teenagers here. And well if I had to get two kids, one boy and one girl, I would have the toughest work done when she grows up. Haha. Nah but I don't know, I'll just say girl first.

And when you get the boy you can tease him for being weaker than his sister.

jk, jk.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

I love the child no matter what but my preference at least for a first child would be a boy, it just seems like it would be so much easier because I know exactly how guys think while girls confuse me to no end. The only bad thing is if he takes after me too much than I am going to have one stubborn bull headed son but then again if I had a daughter that could also still happen. I myself tend to take after my mother quite a bit while my brother is a bit like more like Dad.

• Brohoof 1

I don't care at all, just to get that out of the way. I don't know really, it doesn't matter if it was a boy or a girl it would be the same parenting. Which would just be letting them help with the cars and just have fun driving and stuff. Maybe teach them how to drift, do a burnout or maybe just teach them everything about how the car works. By reading that it would be likely that I would prefer having a boy simply because they're usually more interested in cars in general. Although I have noticed that it isn't really the case, girls are just less open about their interest for cars. So I would have to say a girl to begin with. For no particular reason actually, I can't really decide since I wouldn't care either way. She would be the coolest girl ever I can tell you that, I would pretty much give her anything she would ever want. Expensive cars and probably expensive clothing too. I don't know, I would take good care of her. I take good care of everything I own, I would do everything in my power to make her feel happy. I can just imagine her by my side, teaching her on my car. Doing burnouts in front of her school, making her feel proud.

I'm a forever alone so I doubt it will ever happen, after thinking about this I would want it to happen though. It does not matter what gender I would take good care of them. But to begin with a girl would be cool, I don't know why.

• Brohoof 2

I think I would want to have a girl first. Not like I wouldn't want a boy first, but having a girl could probably make feel okay. But, it's up to my wife on that one.

I can understand that, and yeah i don't really think i would dislike either, i'd love either, just i'd have a very slight preference right now for a girl over a boy i guess.

But there are all kinds of benifits and disadvantages to both i suppose.

And in the end its up to the wife I guess.

Well actually.. I thought i heard someone tell me the guy determines the gender?

Bah nevermind ;p.

I don't know if I'll ever want kids, but if I end up wanting a few someday, I'd want a boy first and then a girl. I think it's nice for a girl to have an older brother to look up to, and for that older brother to take care of her little sis. I used to talk to this one girl, and she'd always tell me how caring her older brother is, so I guess that's where I got the idea from. Also, seeing Twilight and Shining Armor's relationship made me continue to feel this way. Basically, I'd want my daughter to have a BBBFF :) so boy first, and then girl.

Well, not everyone knows for sure whether or not they do, and not everyone has them so nothing wrong with not being sure. 

Big brothers is a good thing true, i'd like to have 1 boy and girl, not only so i can experience the trials, rewards, and uniqueness of both, and just for the experience, but also because i find brother sister relationships to be cute, i mean brother brothers tend to fight alot, and sister sister alot to, I mean they all love each other typically, but idk, the big brother thing does sound cute, with the big brother being there to stick up for the sister.

Of course they're just as shaky as the other relationships frankly, but typically speaking big brothers i've seen look out for their little sisters, regardless of how much they seem to dislike each other.

So i can definitely understand your reasoning.

I would rather have neither first. The idea of settling down and starting a family just doesn't really appeal to me all that much I guess.

I can understand, your free to have your opinions, besides not everyone wants to start a family necessarily. No written rules that say that has to be so ;p.

i would prefer having a boy first, i'd like a son, but i wouldn't miscare for if i had a girl, i just really want a boy though, to continue my family's lineage.

I wouldn't miscare for either, i'd still love them regardless, i couldn't just miscare for them because they were born one gender over another, besides i don't really care that much ;p. but its not like they are in control of it, so i'd love them equally. Not like i have a choice really. 

I'd be more concerned about them loving me.

And wanting a boy to continue your family's lineage is a good reason, i didn't think of that one. It was actually a pretty important one especially in older times where being able to pass your family's lineage was valued incredibly, especially for kings.

I am hesitant to post this for fear of being labelled 'sexist', but the truth is I would rather my first child be a son.

I had an older sister, and let me tell you, raising a daughter, especially during the teenage years, seems like it would be a challenge. Based on my own experience, raising a son would be easier. That isn't to say I wouldn't want to have a daughter, I would just rather have a practice round of being a parent first.

I honestly don't see why it would be considered sexist, i am not sexist at all, i mean I'm a guy and i said i prefer a girl.. So i don't think its even possible for me to be sexist anyways ;p. 

Besides i don't see whats sexist about preference, so i wouldn't worry. And again these forums are accepting of others ideas and opinions generally, so don't worry :).

Having an older sister would be different then having a daughter, i don't think the two are comparable, but i can see how your experience can shape your opinion, and i can see why you think that way.

I have simply a brother, so frankly i don't know if i'd be experienced enough with girls to know how to raise one, but i guess i don't know about alot of things in life until i have to actual deal with them.

Of course, i hang around girls a good bit, so its not like i'm totally ignorant about them or anything ;p. Its just being a guy and having a brother, i would understand and know about guys more of course.

I don't think either would be easy though, i think both would be challenging, because both require you to take care of them as babies, feed them, put up with their crying, change them, potty train them, help them through lifes troubles, teach them right from wrong, discipline them, comfort them, love them, deal with them as teenager(Which as a teenager i will admit i can be a handful and quite rebellious, not to mention moody even as a guy.) say goodbye when they move away to college, and well the list contains many many many other things. 

So i think having children is still challenging regardless, whether one is easier then the other? Well, thats for another topic really ;p.

But i can understand your thoughts and logic regardless.

I'd like to have a girl first. I don't really know why; I guess I just would prefer to have a girl first. Plus, like you said, girls tend to bond better with their fathers. But, in the end, I don't really mind too much what gender; I'd worry much more about whether they'd love me or not. Hopefully, I would be a good father. I would also like to have a boy and a girl, so the first one's gender wouldn't really matter too much. So yeah, if I had to choose; I would pick girl, but it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yeah, they do tend to, and they also tend to just talk more, which means they have more chances to bond. Of course both can bond well and love you, or hate you alot of times. 

Girls do also tend to talk about issues more, and being able to be there for them would be nice. Even if i'm not sure being a guy if i can help and understand everything girls go through, as the same as it'd be if i had a son and was a mother, but i can try atleast.

Of course honestly, i am not teaching any of my children that its wrong to talk to people about issues or something, or to feel emotions or cry or talk or bond or whatever. So who knows. They may turn out mostly the same.

And yeah i agree, i wouldn't care what gender they are in the end, i'd still love them and try to be the best father i could be(Even though i know i'll embarrass them and fail to be a good father since i'll still not be the most experienced father on everything frankly.)

But i am concerned and hope they love me back, maybe my thoughts are misguided to think they may not, but regardless i hope they love me back. I know i'll get the "I hate you" told to me, but i know that regardless i'll love them and they will still love me hopefully.

But I hope i can be a good father regardless, and do my best to understand everything and know how to do what i need to do, despite right now having no real experience ;p. And besides i'm 16 so its a while before i have to deal with knowing or learning about it.

I'm also concerned that if i work it'll affected my children relationship with me, thats probably the biggest one. Hopefully thats just me thinking stuff though.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter to me in the end, i don't really have a say in it.

And the fact i want a girl and a boy means that frankly i think my worry is going to be more on the second childs gender then anything, because then i might end up adopting or having another child.

I still want to love and cherish all my children and attempt to be the best father(And fail at doing so) that i can.

• Brohoof 4

This is something that I have thought about from time to time for some reason. Not like I will ever experience the feeling of raising a child, but it has often puzzled me. I tend to be purely indecisive when it comes to this subject. Boys and girls have their ups and downs, so I don't know which I would rather have first. Maybe a girl.  :huh: 

• Brohoof 1

Well, not everyone knows for sure whether or not they do, and not everyone has them so nothing wrong with not being sure. 

Big brothers is a good thing true, i'd like to have 1 boy and girl, not only so i can experience the trials, rewards, and uniqueness of both, and just for the experience, but also because i find brother sister relationships to be cute, i mean brother brothers tend to fight alot, and sister sister alot to, I mean they all love each other typically, but idk, the big brother thing does sound cute, with the big brother being there to stick up for the sister.

Of course they're just as shaky as the other relationships frankly, but typically speaking big brothers i've seen look out for their little sisters, regardless of how much they seem to dislike each other.

Yeah, you're definitely right that an older brother/younger sister relationship can be shaky just like any other relationship. There are caring big brothers out there, and there are crappy big brothers out there too. If I ever end up having an older son and a younger daughter, what I described earlier would be what I'd hope for their relationship to be like. I would try to teach the son how to be a good brother to his little sister, but sometimes things are just out of your control.

Also, I agree that having both a boy and a girl for children would also be nice because you can experience the differences between having a boy and a girl. I find brother/sister relationships cute as well :)

• Brohoof 1

I can understand that, and yeah i don't really think i would dislike either, i'd love either, just i'd have a very slight preference right now for a girl over a boy i guess.

But there are all kinds of benifits and disadvantages to both i suppose.

And in the end its up to the wife I guess.

Well actually.. I thought i heard someone tell me the guy determines the gender?

Bah nevermind ;p.

I can understand, your free to have your opinions, besides not everyone wants to start a family necessarily. No written rules that say that has to be so ;p.

I wouldn't miscare for either, i'd still love them regardless, i couldn't just miscare for them because they were born one gender over another, besides i don't really care that much ;p. but its not like they are in control of it, so i'd love them equally. Not like i have a choice really. 

I'd be more concerned about them loving me.

And wanting a boy to continue your family's lineage is a good reason, i didn't think of that one. It was actually a pretty important one especially in older times where being able to pass your family's lineage was valued incredibly, especially for kings.

I honestly don't see why it would be considered sexist, i am not sexist at all, i mean I'm a guy and i said i prefer a girl.. So i don't think its even possible for me to be sexist anyways ;p. 

Besides i don't see whats sexist about preference, so i wouldn't worry. And again these forums are accepting of others ideas and opinions generally, so don't worry :).

Having an older sister would be different then having a daughter, i don't think the two are comparable, but i can see how your experience can shape your opinion, and i can see why you think that way.

I have simply a brother, so frankly i don't know if i'd be experienced enough with girls to know how to raise one, but i guess i don't know about alot of things in life until i have to actual deal with them.

Of course, i hang around girls a good bit, so its not like i'm totally ignorant about them or anything ;p. Its just being a guy and having a brother, i would understand and know about guys more of course.

I don't think either would be easy though, i think both would be challenging, because both require you to take care of them as babies, feed them, put up with their crying, change them, potty train them, help them through lifes troubles, teach them right from wrong, discipline them, comfort them, love them, deal with them as teenager(Which as a teenager i will admit i can be a handful and quite rebellious, not to mention moody even as a guy.) say goodbye when they move away to college, and well the list contains many many many other things. 

So i think having children is still challenging regardless, whether one is easier then the other? Well, thats for another topic really ;p.

But i can understand your thoughts and logic regardless.

Yeah, they do tend to, and they also tend to just talk more, which means they have more chances to bond. Of course both can bond well and love you, or hate you alot of times. 

Girls do also tend to talk about issues more, and being able to be there for them would be nice. Even if i'm not sure being a guy if i can help and understand everything girls go through, as the same as it'd be if i had a son and was a mother, but i can try atleast.

Of course honestly, i am not teaching any of my children that its wrong to talk to people about issues or something, or to feel emotions or cry or talk or bond or whatever. So who knows. They may turn out mostly the same.

And yeah i agree, i wouldn't care what gender they are in the end, i'd still love them and try to be the best father i could be(Even though i know i'll embarrass them and fail to be a good father since i'll still not be the most experienced father on everything frankly.)

But i am concerned and hope they love me back, maybe my thoughts are misguided to think they may not, but regardless i hope they love me back. I know i'll get the "I hate you" told to me, but i know that regardless i'll love them and they will still love me hopefully.

But I hope i can be a good father regardless, and do my best to understand everything and know how to do what i need to do, despite right now having no real experience ;p. And besides i'm 16 so its a while before i have to deal with knowing or learning about it.

I'm also concerned that if i work it'll affected my children relationship with me, thats probably the biggest one. Hopefully thats just me thinking stuff though.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter to me in the end, i don't really have a say in it.

And the fact i want a girl and a boy means that frankly i think my worry is going to be more on the second childs gender then anything, because then i might end up adopting or having another child.

I still want to love and cherish all my children and attempt to be the best father(And fail at doing so) that i can.

I'm pretty sure that you would not fail at being a good father. You're still young right now(well, you're older than me, but you're still pretty young), and you still have things to learn and experience. You'd probably make a good father someday.

But yeah, the gender doesn't matter too much to me in the end, and I'll love them all the same.

• Brohoof 2

I also don't want to seem misogynistic or anything, but I, too, want a son first.

I like being pushed out of this complacent sitting and into adventure-playtime and rambunctiousness because I don't get to have a lot of good-natured childish fun. Little girls are calm and silly and cute, yes, but I don't really want cute while I have the energy. I remember how I was as a kid, and I was not as spirited as my brother was. I was more... domesticated, I suppose is the word. I want to get outside and catch frogs and play videogames and all of that other stuff, even if I say I don't at first or to your face, I do.

A wise man once told me that boys stop growing up after they turn 14 years old. Once they're there, they're not maturing any more!

And that's all right with me. 

Also, have you ever noticed, for the most part, that the bond between a mother and her son is pretty strong while, generally speaking, girls (esp. teenagers) are more likely to have a frayed relationship with their mothers? (Incidentally, that is the complete opposite for me). Roughly speaking, it's totally oedipal complex. Revised, you know, because Freud's original paper was... I think "Opposites Attract" works better here: boys and girls are complementary forces working together to benefit each other, each with something unique to offer.

Edited by LanceTheTurtle
  • Brohoof 1

I'd probably want to adopt a girl first.  I'm not very experienced when dealing with little boys and I always preferred caring for girls when I used to baby-sit.  In the end, it would depend on what kind of person the kid is.  However, I would prefer not having a kid in the first place...   :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

I would rather have neither first. The idea of settling down and starting a family just doesn't really appeal to me all that much I guess.

I feel exactly the same. I love being alone, quietly listening to music and reading stuff. The idea of having a wife and kids who always want my attention doesn't really appeal me.

But who know what will happen? For now I'm not interested in relations, but this might change.

Edit: And I just can't stand kids, they are such a nuisance to me, annoying things... but that's just me.

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 2

I'd rather have a girl to be honest. Because, like you said Zygen, they tend to bond more easily with the father than the son with their father. Plus, having a daughter would be great for my future family, since it wouldn't be common, considering how many more son's have been born in my family than daughters.

It would definitely be interesting. x)

I always wanted a daughter, and if I don't end up with one in the future, I may consider adoption. Who knows.

I'll be fine with a son though. A daughter is what I would prefer though. Especially since I would be able to raise her up to be a nice, mature, and polite girl. Not like some of the stuck-up and over-spoiled one's I've had to deal with in the past. :/

But overall, that would be my general preference. :P

Yeah true, of course the fact it generally happens that way doesn't dictate it will, but it does give me a reason i suppose.

There are other reasons for wanting a girl and for wanting a boy though ;p, i just didn't feel like listing all the ones i can think of.

I guess the fact you have so many sons in your family can be understandable to why you'd want a daughter yourself, of course its not something you can directly control, but still. 

Being someone who has a brother, but no sister, it does make me wonder what things would be like, i mean i'm sure it'd be annoying at times, but at the same time i'd still love her, and protect her. 

But being someone who hasn't had a sister does kinda make me in a way want a daughter, i have no idea why.

At the same token though, i also don't have as much experience dealing with girls at all really, so who knows. 

I think having a child would be interesting regardless, and a hard, but rewarding experience. 

Plus its just an experience i want to have in my lifetime, and I want to be able to experience what all I can, so I don't want to simply experience having a son, but also a daughter, because otherwise i feel as though i'll wonder forever how one or the other would be like. Kinda in a way that I won't know how it feels to be a girl compared to a boy, and being a curious person I can't help but wonder on something like that.

But thats a bit off topic ;p.

I think that since i can't control whether i have a boy or a girl, i might consider adoption after like 2 Maybe 3 boys. probably 2, because 4 children sounds hectic, 3 already sounds complicated, of course 1 is probably complicated frankly anyways.

But i still want to have a child regardless of gender, i want one of each at some point, to experience it, so i'm not left wondering. And maybe it'll come in handy sometime idk ;p. 

I would raise both my children to be polite and kind and everything as well as I can, but i can only do so much, i will do everything in my power to try and have them grow up to be good children though, aswell as do everything I need to love and care for them, even if I don't want to. Whether it be feeding them, picking up their mess, putting them in line when I don't want to feel like the bad guy, working in order to pay for caring for them, changing diapers(Sounds disgusting and i know nothing about it,nor have any experience, but I guess i'll have to d it regardless like i said ;p.), cleaning up potty training accidents, (Also disgusting, but ya know.) and other messes, being there in their times of need, trying to calm them down from crying at night, putting up with them waking me up in the middle of the night, reading a bedtime story, pretending to be whatever, helping defeat godzilla, or saving my princess from a castle, or any other things, whether disgusting, difficult, annoying, odd, or whatever. 

regardless of what it is I want to take care of my child, even when its something i don't wanna do. 

Although to be honest being a big crazy and random at times and enjoying acting i have a feeling i won't have any trouble being a knight in shiny armor, or defeating godzilla xD, but uh anyways. ;p.

Regardless i want to be a good father, whatever crazy situations i get put in, i dunno why I just do. 

But anyways... 

There are some stuck up girls thats for sure, but there are stuck up guys to, so really its just based on how your raised. And hopefully i can raise my children well.

Girls are in most cases harder to deal with than boys, well I'm thinking about teenagers here. And well if I had to get two kids, one boy and one girl, I would have the toughest work done when she grows up. Haha. Nah but I don't know, I'll just say girl first.

And when you get the boy you can tease him for being weaker than his sister.

jk, jk.

Well, depends I guess, i dunno if i can say outright that i think one is harder then the other, especially not having experienced either, but they both have their pros and cons frankly. Some things about boys are hard, some about girls.

;p, well technically boys are just naturally stronger built, but thats not to say I haven't known girls who could kick my rear easily(Not saying much considering how weak i am though lol.) aswell as other well built guys even.

I love the child no matter what but my preference at least for a first child would be a boy, it just seems like it would be so much easier because I know exactly how guys think while girls confuse me to no end. The only bad thing is if he takes after me too much than I am going to have one stubborn bull headed son but then again if I had a daughter that could also still happen. I myself tend to take after my mother quite a bit while my brother is a bit like more like Dad.

Yeah same here, i love them no matter what. 

I guess you make a good point, and i kinda agree since i am a guy, and i understand how guys think and act and what not, plus I can understand things they go through in life like idk, puberty or liking girls or whatnot, that girls may not totally understand.

While girls i don't know how they think or understand things they go through and what not being a guy and never having been a girl, so things could be more complicated. Not to mention i don't have experience with girls as much since the only girl in my home is my mom, which is alot different then being around a sister or something.

But yeah i understand your logic.

I think both girls and boys can be quite stubborn, it all depends on the individual.

Although i think if my son or daughter takes after me to much, well they could be quite stubborn to ;p.

I have to wonder how people put up with me sometimes to be fair.

I take after my mom for the most part. But i mean i obviously have aspects of both, like any child really. Some are just more dominant then others.

I don't care at all, just to get that out of the way. I don't know really, it doesn't matter if it was a boy or a girl it would be the same parenting. Which would just be letting them help with the cars and just have fun driving and stuff. Maybe teach them how to drift, do a burnout or maybe just teach them everything about how the car works. By reading that it would be likely that I would prefer having a boy simply because they're usually more interested in cars in general. Although I have noticed that it isn't really the case, girls are just less open about their interest for cars. So I would have to say a girl to begin with. For no particular reason actually, I can't really decide since I wouldn't care either way. She would be the coolest girl ever I can tell you that, I would pretty much give her anything she would ever want. Expensive cars and probably expensive clothing too. I don't know, I would take good care of her. I take good care of everything I own, I would do everything in my power to make her feel happy. I can just imagine her by my side, teaching her on my car. Doing burnouts in front of her school, making her feel proud.

I'm a forever alone so I doubt it will ever happen, after thinking about this I would want it to happen though. It does not matter what gender I would take good care of them. But to begin with a girl would be cool, I don't know why.

Well, it wouldn't be the exact same, they do tend to act certain ways and have certain needs and plenty of differences, so i'm sure it won't be the exact same. but i get what your saying.

I do kinda want my children to be interested in things i like, like playing music, or video games or what not, heck even MLP if i'm still into it by then, but I know its not garenteed they will be into any of that really.

Guys do seem to be into cars and stuff more, just because of the stereotypes of genders mostly.

Really and truly either could hate or love cars, or just be eh about it. Who knows. 

but i understand you wanting to teach them about things you love and are passionate about.

I can understand the indecisiveness, frankly idk, and honestly nature will decide for me anyways, i'm more concerned about getting the other gender i don't when I have my second child.

I can understand you wanting to love and care for her and give her stuff and all that, of course you don't want to give her to much and spoil her, or any child of yours, i'm gonna try and not spoil mine, even if i'll still give them stuff of course.

I do want to take good care of her, i suppose its just a fatherly instinct maybe.

having a child in general is nice to think about.

Hey you never know for sure :(. Whats to say you won't find someone who will love you for you? You never know, i mean its different if you don't want to be i suppose, but don't give up! I'm sure in due time you'll find someone! With a little effort.

But thats another discussion i suppose, just don't get down :(

Yeah, thinking about it does make me want a child, and i'd love and care for them as i've said multiple times regardless of gender.

This is something that I have thought about from time to time for some reason. Not like I will ever experience the feeling of raising a child, but it has often puzzled me. I tend to be purely indecisive when it comes to this subject. Boys and girls have their ups and downs, so I don't know which I would rather have first. Maybe a girl.  :huh:

Why not? You may experience it who knows. I mean if you don't want to its ok, but don't feel down as its something that you can't do necessarily. I don't like seeing people sad, and your no exception alright?

Anyways, i am a bit puzzled in a way to. And i have to agree, that really i'm near indecisive, its just something i can't explain tugs me slightly to wanting a girl, why i don't know, but it just does.

But yeah, both have their ups and downs frankly.

Yeah, you're definitely right that an older brother/younger sister relationship can be shaky just like any other relationship. There are caring big brothers out there, and there are crappy big brothers out there too. If I ever end up having an older son and a younger daughter, what I described earlier would be what I'd hope for their relationship to be like. I would try to teach the son how to be a good brother to his little sister, but sometimes things are just out of your control.

Also, I agree that having both a boy and a girl for children would also be nice because you can experience the differences between having a boy and a girl. I find brother/sister relationships cute as well :)

Yeah, its really more an individual thing then a gender thing as far as those types of relationships go. 

I would hope for that to honestly, as would most people i'd think. 

Things are out of your control alot, or its just hard to become a parent seeing as there is no instruction Manuel included with your children(Darnit if only they could ;p.) but its kinda natural for siblings to fight, however they still love each other typically when it counts.

And yeah i basically agree, I not only am curious about both, but just want to experience both anyways. Atleast once(And who knows possibly more then once) just because of reasons i'm unsure of. I guess partly curiosity being a curious person.

And it'd be nice to have an opinion as to which is harder to deal with. Based upon actual experience.

And yeah, brother sister relationships are cute, heck i find shinning and Twilight cute, aswell as actual Sister brother relationships, of course any of them can be chaotic or cute really. And normally consist of both. 

Eventually I'd like one of each. It really doesn't matter to me which I get first. I guess I'd have a slight preference of it being a girl. I'm not really sure why though.

Overall i'm more concerned about getting the second one to be the other like i said, but i do have a slight preference for a girl.

Somethings i can't explain about it, and frankly part of my wanting a girl preference is kinda explainable. It just kinda is.

I'm pretty sure that you would not fail at being a good father. You're still young right now(well, you're older than me, but you're still pretty young), and you still have things to learn and experience. You'd probably make a good father someday.

But yeah, the gender doesn't matter too much to me in the end, and I'll love them all the same.

I hope not, i guess your right i am young, and really i don't know how experienced most parents are going into being parents. Much less me a 16 year old yet to have date much less marry or have children with any ladies.

So i'm sure i've got time to think and learn some. Hopefully i'll have the skills, or the dedication to learn when it counts. And i will have my wife to help me hopefully. 

I guess the fact I do tend to be passionate about things I love, would thus mean I'd have some drive to continue to love my children through the good bad the ugly and whatever else. 

But thanks, its nice to hear that your confident somewhat i'd be a good father.

And yeah i basically agree.

I also don't want to seem misogynist or anything, but I, too, want a son first.

I like being pushed out of this complacent sitting and into adventure-playtime and rambunctiousness because I don't get to have a lot of good-natured childish fun. Little girls are calm and silly and cute, yes, but I don't really want cute while I have the energy. I remember how I was as a kid, and I was not as spirited as my brother was. I was more... domesticated, I suppose is the word. I want to get outside and catch frogs and play videogames and all of that other stuff, even if I say I don't at first or to your face, I do.

A wise man once told me that boys stop growing up after they turn 14 years old. Once they're there, they're not maturing any more!

And that's all right with me. 

Also, have you ever noticed, for the most part, that the bond between a mother and her son is pretty strong while most girls (esp. teenagers) have a frayed relationship with their mothers? (Incidentally, that is the complete opposite for me). Roughly speaking, it's totally oedipal complex. Revised, you know, because Freud's original paper was... I think "Opposites Attract" works better here: boys and girls are complementary forces working together to benefit each other, each with something unique to offer.

I actually don't know what the word means, guess i'll have to google it, just when you think you know every word ;p. 

I see nothing wrong with having a preference though, so no worries.

Thats quite a good reason, i can understand that, especially since it'll be your first kid, and thus your going to be more energetic generally speaking then the ones after that. 

And i guess i can understand wanting to do stuff with your son that you didn't do(According to your profile your a girl unless i'm blind today) so i guess its understandable to want to be able to experience things with a son first.

I actually quite enjoy your explanation, seems very detailed and personal in a way, just saying idk why ;p.

As for the maturing thing, well i would technically speaking have to disagree, because guys do seem to get more mature as they get to be seniors, atleast slightly at the very least.

As far as physically they definitely mature, since they grow until as late as like 20s or so. Girls stop growing really around 12-14ish i believe. Which is why they're taller for a bit.

Thats assuming i'm taking what your saying totally literally though ;p.

Yeah i have, its interesting, i think opposites attract can apply to it. I mean this doesn't always apply, but it does have alot of truth to it in alot of cases.

There are basically always exceptions though.

But its a good explanation that they both get something out of each others uniqueness and compliment each other.

I think if boys and girls were to mix traits correctly you'd have something quite awesome ;p.

• Brohoof 4

well, i'd know what to do for a guy, since i am one. I'd accept either gender, but I feel like starting with a guy would be easier for me. knowing my luck, if i do get married, the first child will be a girl because of me saying this. oh well, i'm fine with it.

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably want to adopt a girl first.  I'm not very experienced when dealing with little boys and I always preferred caring for girls when I used to baby-sit.  In the end, it would depend on what kind of person the kid is.  However, I would prefer not having a kid in the first place...   :unsure:

I see, any reason why you'd want to adopt a girl instead of chancing for a girl in birth besides well the fact the chance thing is gone? :P.

I guess your a girl since you baby-sat, and i'm not even sure guys are allowed to babysit anyways. 

Really i think for the most part its a individual type thing.

Ah i see, well if you don't want to have kids thats fine with me, everyones entitled to their own opinions and i respect them and yours.

I feel exactly the same. I love being alone, quietly listening to music and reading stuff. The idea of having a wife and kids who always want my attention doesn't really appeal me.

But who know what will happen? For now I'm not interested in relations, but this might change.

Edit: And I just can't stand kids, they are such a nuisance to me, annoying things... but that's just me.

Nothings wrong with that, if thats your preference and opinions its your preference and opinions. Your entitled to your opinions as me, and i respect yours and i hope that you respect mine aswell.

Not like everyone is suppose to have a kid, its not a written law(Atleast in any countries i can think of.) 

And things change, who knows maybe i myself won't want children later, maybe i'll want a different amount or something, things changes.

I can deal with kids, i've dealt with my cousins and almost to an extent babysat them, so i've dealt with them somewhat, of course they've been like 3-4 atleast so yeah.

Again whatever you feel is right for you i'm sure is better then my personal judgement, i am not you afterall and thus don't know about what you prefer or want.

well, i'd know what to do for a guy, since i am one. I'd accept either gender, but I feel like starting with a guy would be easier for me. knowing my luck, if i do get married, the first child will be a girl because of me saying this. oh well, i'm fine with it.

Yeah, thats very true, being a guy i imagine i wouldn't have to worry about doing something dumb simply because i don't understand something about girls, and maybe even end up hurting my daughter.

Of course i'm sure my wife would help teach me anything important i should know, so i probably shouldn't worry to much, but its still possible.

Besides i'd have to deal with it regardless.

I'd accept either though.

And yeah haha, knowing my luck i will get the exact opposite or whatever i want, but i don't care to much, as long as I get a daughter and son. And even if i don't i'll probably just have another, or adopt one.

• Brohoof 2

I see, any reason why you'd want to adopt a girl instead of chancing for a girl in birth besides well the fact the chance thing is gone? :P.

I guess your a girl since you baby-sat, and i'm not even sure guys are allowed to babysit anyways. 

Really i think for the most part its a individual type thing.

Ah i see, well if you don't want to have kids thats fine with me, everyones entitled to their own opinions and i respect them and yours.

I'd rather adopt instead of having my own because there are a lot of children out there that are already here and alive that need a home and a safe environment to grow up in.  I'd rather give them a chance at having a loving family instead.  If I did ever end up having any kids of my own, I don't really think the gender would matter at that point.  Yes I am a girl, I thought this was already evident?

I used to look after other people's kids(quite honestly, I had no idea you were supposed to get a baby-sitting license :blink:)  I always had a harder time looking after boys and I would always come out feeling a lot more exhausted than I would if I looked after someone's daughter even if that girl were a bit of a tomboy.  I'm not all that adverse to having a boy, I just like girls better.  Again, it would depend on what type of individual the kid turns out to be.

I would prefer not having kids at all because I don't have much of a stable enough environment to have a kid in.  I also have enough problems myself, I would hate for them to become an issue for a child or end up screwing them up too.  Not to mention, kids are a big responsibility.  I might not be able to do it by myself.  Once I better deal with my own issues and find someone that I would feel ready enough to share a life with, I wouldn't mind having kids at that point. 

Edited by Anishna
  • Brohoof 1

I'd probably have to go with boy - when my daughter reaches dating age, her older brother shall keep an eye on her boyfriend when I cannot.

...And, should said boyfriend try any funny business, my son shall also deliver him the beating that I legally cannot.

• Brohoof 4

I'd rather adopt instead of having my own because there are a lot of children out there that are already here and alive that need a home and a safe environment to grow up in.  I'd rather give them a chance at having a loving family instead.  If I did ever end up having any kids of my own, I don't really think the gender would matter at that point.  Yes I am a girl, I thought this was already evident?

I used to look after other people's kids(quite honestly, I had no idea you were supposed to get a baby-sitting license :blink:)  I always had a harder time looking after boys and I would always come out feeling a lot more exhausted than I would if I looked after someone's daughter even if that girl were a bit of a tomboy.  I'm not all that adverse to having a boy, I just like girls better.  Again, it would depend on what type of individual the kid turns out to be.

I would prefer not having kids at all because I don't have much of a stable enough environment to have a kid in.  I also have enough problems myself, I would hate for them to become an issue for a child or end up screwing them up too.  Not to mention, kids are a big responsibility.  I might not be able to do it by myself.  Once I better deal with my own issues and find someone that I would feel ready enough to share a life with, I wouldn't mind having kids at that point. 

I see, a valid reason, there are quite alot of children already,  so i suppose adopting one and putting one of the many who haven't been adopted into a home would be nice :).

And sorry, i didn't really know, i tend to forget or just not know, luckily i didn't use the wrong gender pronouns like i have done so many freaking times that its not even funny.

Sorry if it came off as offensive or anything though.

I didn't know such a thing existed, but i'm a guy anyways, and i don't think guys are allowed to have one, and i don't think most people would want a guy babysitting anyways.

I have looked after kids before, not necessarily baby sat them really much, but i mean i've looked after like my cousins by keeping them occupied while their mother is busy in the house or something, or we're somewhere else and its my job to keep up with them. Other times its as simple as taking them to the bathroom or something because their mother doesn't want to in a public bathroom or something. 

Never took care of that young of children though, youngest was probably 3 or 4. And like i said I never necessarily babysat any kids.

I did have a group of 3-4 year olds my mom taught a computer class to, and i had to help look after them, but for the most part my mom or their adult chaperon had that job covered. The only thing i did much was help them when they where banging on the keyboard, or when I had to take the boys to the bathroom since i was the only guy around. 

Girls do seem to be quite calm generally compared to boys though, boys can be quite hyper from what i've seen. Which could play i guess partly into me wanting a girl before a boy. 

I think the individuals personality is more important though, as gender is only right on some things, and not consistent, as there are hyper girls as there are hyper boys and calm guys and calm girls.

So in the end gender wouldn't exactly matter to me, just have my preference slightly towards girls right now.

Thats understandable, you don't necessarily have to want kids right now. Or ever if you don't want to.

I'm sure you could be a fine parent though, but it is difficult. 

But i'm glad to hear your opinions, because afterall thats the reason i made the thread ;p.

I'd probably have to go with boy - when my daughter reaches dating age, her older brother shall keep an eye on her boyfriend when I cannot.

...And, should said boyfriend try any funny business, my son shall also deliver him the beating that I legally cannot.

Thats true ;p, assuming hes a responsible older brother. 

Wait.. you mean i can't have my funny business boyfriend shotgun?....

Darnit, that goes off my parental items list....

• Brohoof 1