Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eureka's Punk Music thread

Eureka

So, yeah.

I saw alot of people were making this kind of thread so I decided to make one. :lol:

If the genre has the word Punk in it, you can post it here. xD

Im not good at this....

......Just post your punk music.

http://youtu.be/Dhh24BB84e4

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not sure if these count, and if they don't, I will feel like such a moron. :P

I Miss You by: Blink-182

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by: Green Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGzgoSg5OZg

Me Against the World by: Simple Plan

Some Say by: Sum 41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbuhS9HVmLQ

The genres for these bands are everywhere, I swear. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if these count, and if they don't, I will feel like such a moron. :P

*shudders* Sorry mate but those bands AREN'T punk, not even the slightest, they are more emo than anything else, which isn't that good. But that is just my opinion, Punk is more like this:

Dust to Dust by the Misfits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IIFD8jxN8g

Do You Remember Rock n Roll Radio by The Ramones:

I Fought the Law by The Clash:

and

Anarchy in the UK by The Sex Pistols:

*sighs* you late 90's/00's kids have no idea what REAL punk is!!!

Edited by Swift Quill
  • Brohoof 1

*shudders* Sorry mate but those bands AREN'T punk, not even the slightest, they are more emo than anything else, which isn't that good. But that is just my opinion, Punk is more like this:

I don't know, they were all registered under punk-rock, so I assumed they counted. But, like I said, the genre orderings were a mess. >.>

I found them under every punk list so far, unless it's only certain songs by those bands. .-.

What about "Date Rape" by: Sublime?  

I don't know, they were all registered under punk-rock, so I assumed they counted. But, like I said, the genre orderings were a mess. >.>

I found them under every punk list so far, unless it's only certain songs by those bands. .-.

What about "Date Rape" by: Sublime?  

Sublime is more ska, but in a way ska is considered punk, so.... but yeah...  btw I meant no offence by what i said, I was just stating that I don't consider those bands as punk, i know their classified as punk rock but...

here have a bit more punk from the 80's:

Time Bomb by Rancid:

Edited by Swift Quill
  • Brohoof 2

LOL @ other ppl's posts.

So like, am I aloud to post emo or is this thread specifically for the traditional stuff?

BTW, I'm pretty sure Depeche Mode are synthpop.

Edited by Maki Natsuo
  • Brohoof 2

LOL @ other ppl's posts.

So like, am I aloud to post emo or is this thread specifically for the traditional stuff?

Yeah I realized that shortly after posting, so edited it out:

Have some:

Kill The Poor by Dead Kennedys:

New Rose by The Damned:

I love punk rock so much.

My favorite band is Rise Against hands down.

Then you got Social Distortion, Breaking Benjamin, 3 days Grace, Blink 182, the Explosion, NOFX, the Bouncing Souls, Rancid, the dead Kennedys, the misfits and the Ramones ones I really like. The offspring, sum 41, specially old green day dookie, nimrod etc. Punk rock is amazing and great combination with skateboarding :3

Id post some songs but I am on my phone:P

Edited by Endgame
  • Brohoof 3

*shudders* Sorry mate but those bands AREN'T punk, not even the slightest, they are more emo than anything else, which isn't that good. But that is just my opinion, Punk is more like this

Sum 41 and Blink 182 are both Pop Punk and far from emo. They don't even share anything in common with emo bands

Anyways, posting some Hardcore Punk here

And some Post-Hardcore/Hardcore Punk/Art Punk for ya

• Brohoof 2

I consider Screeching Weasel to be THE punk band of my youth, and although they are fairly well known, I haven't talked to many people who have heard them. Oh well, I'll post some and hope you guys can dig it, these guys really helped me through grade 9.

Sum 41 and Blink 182 are both Pop Punk and far from emo. They don't even share anything in common with emo bands

Actually, proper Emo and Screamo is a subgenre of Punk and it have taken a lot of inspiration both from Pop Punk and Hardcore Punk. And then we have bands like Simple Plan which is essentially a mix of Pop Punk and Emo, so nothing in common is a bit of a strong word even if there is a clear difference.

Either way, have some cool tunes:

• Brohoof 1

Actually, proper Emo and Screamo is a subgenre of Punk and it have taken a lot of inspiration both from Pop Punk and Hardcore Punk. And then we have bands like Simple Plan which is essentially a mix of Pop Punk and Emo, so nothing in common is a bit of a strong word even if there is a clear difference.

Blink 182 and Sum 41 certainly aren't related to Emo in any way. Besides, Emo doesn't take any inspiration from Pop Punk or vice versa. Some bands like to mix them in their own sound, but neither genres originated from each other. Emo takes inspiration from Hardcore Punk, Post-Hardcore and Indie Rock, while the stylistics origins of Pop Punk are fairly obvious

Post-Punk. Sounded really weird at first, but it grew on me

Meh, someone was going to post Joy Division sooner or later

• Brohoof 1

Then you got Social Distortion, Breaking Benjamin, 3 days Grace, Blink 182, the Explosion, NOFX, the Bouncing Souls, Rancid, the dead Kennedys, the misfits and the Ramones ones I really like. The offspring, sum 41, specially old green day dookie, nimrod etc. Punk rock is amazing and great combination with skateboarding :3

Three Days Grace is pretty good. Im not the biggest fan of Blink 182 but their song "The Rock Show" is pretty good. The Bouncing Souls, Rancid, and the Ramones are all good. Dookie wasn't my favorite Green Day album but I think American Idiot was alright.

Nice taste, muh friend.

I Miss You by: Blink-182

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by: Green Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGzgoSg5OZg

Me Against the World by: Simple Plan

Some Say by: Sum 41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbuhS9HVmLQ

Most of those songs are Pop-Punk but those ARE accepted in this thread. They still are punk afterall. Also, I love that Green Day song. :lol:

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 1

*shudders* Sorry mate but those bands AREN'T punk, not even the slightest, they are more emo than anything else, which isn't that good.

Nope, those bands aren't Emo this and this are what Emo sounds like

Proper Emo and Screamo take from the Hardcore scene man, far away from Pop-Punk, and Simple Plan have nothing to do with Emo at all.

Anyways enough of that have some stuff

Might as well be the second person to post Joy Division

• Brohoof 1

Joyce Manor- "Constant Headache"

Not a huge fan of punk as a whole but Joyce Manor has a sound that draws me in to a ridiculous amount.

This song is one of my favorites of all time. Never get tired of it.

Nope, those bands aren't Emo this and this are what Emo sounds like

Freaking THANK YOU. None of these young'uns have a gotdamn idea what actual emo(tional hardcore) was, where it was located and when it was around. If it aint from DC, the Midwest, or the upstate North, then it ain't emo(tional hardcore).

Plagiarists came along and stole all of the aesthetics of the first wave but trashed the actual emotion and musicianship, turning it into a laughable ball of angsty bullshit that has literally nothing to do with what it originally was.

Sunny Day, Empire! Empire, American Football, more recently Brand New, etc., are all forms of the original first wave of emo(tional hardcore) or descendents thereof. Take a listen. You will immediately understand the difference from all of the crap considered "emo" today, and also recognize who post-punk was born out of the original emo(tional hardcore) music that is technically more complex, lyrically more potent, musically more layered, and artistically more complete.

It's just better.

Edited by Dusknight Haze

Can't really have a punk thread without mentioning Television, they're the pinnacle of Post-Punk

Man, Adventure doesn't even come close to Marquee Moon, but it has some great tracks nonetheless

Also, Refused and their masterpiece The Shape Of Punk To Come

• Brohoof 2

Depeche Mode are Synthpop/Post-Punk they're closer to Synthpop, but they still do count as Post-Punk

Freaking THANK YOU. None of these young'uns have a gotdamn idea what actual emo(tional hardcore) was, where it was located and when it was around. If it aint from DC, the Midwest, or the upstate North, then it ain't emo(tional hardcore).

Plagiarists came along and stole all of the aesthetics of the first wave but trashed the actual emotion and musicianship, turning it into a laughable ball of angsty bullshit that has literally nothing to do with what it originally was.

Sunny Day, Empire! Empire, American Football, more recently Brand New, etc., are all forms of the original first wave of emo(tional hardcore) or descendents thereof. Take a listen. You will immediately understand the difference from all of the crap considered "emo" today, and also recognize who post-punk was born out of the original emo(tional hardcore) music that is technically more complex, lyrically more potent, musically more layered, and artistically more complete.

It's just better.

cool, you dig cap'n jazz?They sound kind of like Snowing.

I used to like Rise Against a lot (They also count as a Post-Hardcore band, just throwing that out) but I haven't enjoyed anything they've put out past The Sufferer & the Witness, Appeal To Reason had a few good tracks on it, I'll admit that. Also Social Distortion are pretty good, and Dookie is best Green Day era, all hands down.

And also I'll leave something here too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahS6DCwy_U

pg.99 never liked being labelled as a Skramz band, they always preferred being called a Hardcore Punk band, so yeah, I night as well just leave something by them here.

Edited by Rio

All right, well, I found this really awesome song on Tony Hawk's Underground, I've been listening to it a lot lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBs20XMdeMI

This song was also in Tony Hawk's Underground, it's sooooo awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRf0LAx0yCE

Not to rain on your parade, but Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace are not punk at all whatsoever. They're just hard rock, at least that's how I classify them. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm going to post some Texas Is the Reason, amazing emo stuff.

Freaking THANK YOU. None of these young'uns have a gotdamn idea what actual emo(tional hardcore) was, where it was located and when it was around. If it aint from DC, the Midwest, or the upstate North, then it ain't emo(tional hardcore).   Plagiarists came along and stole all of the aesthetics of the first wave but trashed the actual emotion and musicianship, turning it into a laughable ball of angsty bullshit that has literally nothing to do with what it originally was.   Sunny Day, Empire! Empire, American Football, more recently Brand New, etc., are all forms of the original first wave of emo(tional hardcore) or descendents thereof. Take a listen. You will immediately understand the difference from all of the crap considered "emo" today, and also recognize who post-punk was born out of the original emo(tional hardcore) music that is technically more complex, lyrically more potent, musically more layered, and artistically more complete.   It's just better.

Hey chill out, grandpa. Don't assume that just because I'm a "young'un" that I don't know my stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of punk rock, and what's worse is that they destroyed the prog rock era

*insert evil laugh here*