Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP banned from Polish school for promoting occultism & satanism... WTF?! o_O

SasQ

Oh whoop dee doo. More beliefs about MLP having hidden content in it. Hasn't this happened to Disney movies and even Pokemon before? 

Tell me guys, what else is new 'round here?

Edited by Violet Beauregarde
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with this. Magic? Talking ponies? Dragons? Talking dragons? Tartarus? Cerberus? Manticores? Magic? Talking ponies? Magic? Magic? Magic? The list goes on and on, people.

Did I mention magic?

Edited by Sneaky
  • Brohoof 2

Oh whoop dee doo. More beliefs about MLP having hidden content in it. Hasn't this happened to Disney movies and even Pokemon before? 

Tell me guys, what else is new 'round here?

Happens to Disney all the time, they're actually one of the main targets of those insane Illuminati conspiracy theories. I think it's because they've been around and producing content so long that pretty much every generation of nutjobs can lay claim to blaming them for things.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

After giving myself a little time to think this through, I must agree. This completely is the creation of daemonic and unholy powers! Just look, here's an evidence:

134189437887.jpg

• Brohoof 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxD7ANFONM

I can't even find the words to describe how utterly moronic that article is. This is....wow.

"Satanism" and "occultism"? There aren't even any actual demons in this show!

Demon_Sunset_wearing_crown_EG.png

All right, maybe a little, but still...

Congratulation, random polish school. I give you the giant batshit insane moronic imbecile award!

Is it strange that I find this to be more...cute than facepalm-inducing? I mean...you've got to try really hard to find ways to link Hello Kitty and My Little Pony to Satanism and occultism. Seriously, I give them an A for effort.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly(yes, I tend to post a lot because my thoughts tend to be scattered), it floors me every-time I see that these insanely paranoid fundamentalists still exist in this day in age. I mean, for God's sake my mom was born in the 50s and likes Stephen King and Highlander(we both found that last one at the same time)   

• Brohoof 2

In "My Little Pony", in turn, there's a motif of transforming into a unicorn – a symbol of the New Age movement and the Antichrist.

All of my wut.

This is their only reason for banning MLP? Because of something that isn't even in the show?

There is no motif of transforming into a unicorn in this show. Nobody transforms into a unicorn, and only Twilight Sparkle has transformed into an alicorn. And you know how many times this has happened? Once. And you know what a motif means?  "motif is any recurring element that has symbolic significance in a story. Through its repetition, a motif can help produce other narrative (or literary) aspects such as theme or mood."

How can it be a motif if there was no repetition???

Just... ugh. This stuff makes me angry.

As a Catholic, I am appalled that people who share in my religion are willing to dive head-first into ignorance and paranoia when the whole point of being Catholic is to humbly accept the truth when people share it. What saddens me is that the people with these kinds of opinions and in their position of authority are rarely able to humble themselves and listen to what others have to say about the matter. They think that because they are in a position of authority, that must mean that every decision that they make must be the correct one. The truth is that Catholics are just as likely to make mistakes and sin as pretty much everyone else as long as we are willing to put our own pride above all else.

• Brohoof 1

I think those Christians taking things too far!

I am a Protestant myself but i don't understand that why people always think that they can judge on other people.

God is the only one who can judge everyone, no human being ever has the power to judge upon other human beings.

We don't have that knowledge and power to make a good judgement which to end conflicts and disputes.

This Polish school needs to learn that you can't judge people on their freedom of thought and creativity.

Somebody will have heart attacks today in Pozna?! Death is on its way

segway-death-meme-generator-i-have-come-

• Brohoof 2

the characters of "Hello Kitty" has been created by Ikaha Shimizu as a thanksgiving to Satan for the supposed help in healing his 14-years-old daughter from cancer

Wait, what?

I know, this is plain stupid and not even true, which could be checked by just one visit on Wikipedia (not that I consider Wikipedia the most reliable source, it's the contrary, but still...), so it seems that Mr. Kostrzewa hadn't done his homework. But this is how it was written in the original article, and I've just translated it as it was. Same with the mistyped "Monster Hight": that's why I put "sic!" there [it's a common Latin shorthand for "sic erat scriptum" = "thus was it written" (and we don't take responsibility for stupidity of the original writer ;) ) ].

Don't kill the messenger.

I see many people here seem to think I wrote this myself or something. Should I add some better clarification that all this article is quoted? I thought it would be obvious enough...

There is no motif of transforming into a unicorn in this show. Nobody transforms into a unicorn, and only Twilight Sparkle has transformed into an alicorn. And you know how many times this has happened? Once. And you know what a motif means?  "a motif is any recurring element that has symbolic significance in a story. Through its repetition, a motif can help produce other narrative (or literary) aspects such as theme or mood."   How can it be a motif if there was no repetition???

I know that and you know that, but the original author of the article I quoted apparently not, and what could we do about it? :P

I don't think they even will to verify what they read. It doesn't work that way with stupid people. They usually take to their minds anything their authorities say, without questioning or verifying. It might be even an obvious lie. And by "authorities" I mean the people who are hard-coded into their brains as the "only reliable sources" of information, which are usually some priests or other religious rulers. The priest who wrote all that and made that presentation could write whatever he liked, it might be pure false, but they don't care much, and none of them will ever try to prove him any wrong.

As to the "motif" thing: I translated Polish word "motyw" as "motif". I'm not really sure if that was the word the original author had on his mind, because for me it also means a repeating pattern, and from the context it rather seems that he had on mind the mere occurrence of something, not necessarily repeating. But in the same way I tried to not change anything in my translation, I'm not in a position to correct any mistakes of the original author, even in my native language. I usually just let people be stupid as they are.

Edit: For those interested, here's the presentation of Mr. Kostrzewa mentioned in the original article. It's a PDF file in Polish, but you can pretty much figure out what he's at by mere looking at the pictures; I really don't know how he finds all this crap. There's even a FreeBSD logo there at page 14!   :huh: Ponies start at page 34, but even they are manipulated: he used some fan art where all mane 6 are Alicorns, and then there are several other fan arts & OCs, carefully chosen to have pentagrams as their cutie marks and overall demonic look. This will surely scare the shit out of parents.  :umad:

So I must correct myself: This is not just stupidity. He's clearly doing it on purpose to brainwash those teachers, parents and their kids.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

There's a priest, rev. Sławomir Kostrzewa, which deals with tracking occultism and satanism in cartoons and toys. In one of his online presentations we can read, for example, that the characters of "Hello Kitty" has been created by Ikaha Shimizu as a thanksgiving to Satan for the supposed help in healing his 14-years-old daughter from cancer. In "My Little Pony", in turn, there's a motif of transforming into a unicorn – a symbol of the New Age movement and the Antichrist. As especially harmful he also mentions book about Harry Potter and the "Twilight" saga.

Edit: I sent this link to Twilight Sparkle. Take a look at what she replied ;)

First of all, if he still believes that old Hello Kitty thing, he needs to learn to use Snopes(that urban legend is so old I remember hearing of it when I had dial-up in the early 00s):

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/hellokitty.asp

2)"The "New Age Movement of the Anti-Christ" is just more conspiracy theory bullshit of hating people different then you.

3)Where does this whole "transforming into a unicorn" thing come in?

• Brohoof 1

And would you look at that!

Religion fixes another unholy thing!

Read: sarcasm

But seriously, this is why I don't have a religion. It seems to make people crazy. I just label this as religion being s'cute. (Shoutout to TMP listeners!)

• Brohoof 1

This, sadly, is what happens when religion takes front stage and the over enthusiastic zealots are allowed power to "interpret" things. And the ignorant just take their words at face value with little or no evidence. At best circumstantial when they do have it, at worst just a bunch of random gibberish they made up, or had to personally study another religion in thoroughly than their own to even know.

These are the people that give any religion a bad name...

THANKFULLY they are not the majority. But they are a very vocal minority and rubbing it in the majorities face. If it weren't for these ones, than we wouldn't even have need for the "in your face" protests of the LGBT community or anything else people like to whine about when not even connecting the dots on how these zealots forced their hand.

I mean, Harry Potter TEACHES witchcraft after all right?

despite the church supposedly doesn't even recognize it as a legitimate thing, they ban it.... yeah that makes sense.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

This, sadly, is what happens when religion takes front stage and the over enthusiastic zealots are allowed power to "interpret" things. And the ignorant just take their words at face value with little or no evidence. At best circumstantial when they do have it, at worst just a bunch of random gibberish they made up, or had to personally study another religion in thoroughly than their own to even know.

These are the people that give any religion a bad name...

THANKFULLY they are not the majority. But they are a very vocal minority and rubbing it in the majorities face. If it weren't for these ones, than we wouldn't even have need for the "in your face" protests of the LGBT community or anything else people like to whine about when not even connecting the dots on how these zealots forced their hand.

I mean, Harry Potter TEACHES witchcraft after all right?

despite the church supposedly doesn't even recognize it as a legitimate thing, they ban it.... yeah that makes sense.

Unfortunately, that loud minority is becoming a problem because fewer and fewer of us non-crazies that have faith are willing to publicity practice religion or be involved due to not wanting association with the bigots and dangerous fundamentalists.

On a less serious scale, the same thing happened in the furry fandom. All the insanity and rampant defending even the worst members actions pushed many people that produce furry content to distance themselves form the label and slink off into the general nerd and fantasy groups.     

• Brohoof 2

So a show with Technicolor ponies that promotes friendship is a bad thing. Come on Poland. :okiedokielokie:

Why must fun things be banned because somebody thinks they're promoting some form of Occultism? I remember Harry Potter got banned in some places for the same bullshit reason.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, wait, wait. As well as banning MLP and Hello Kitty for occultism/satanism, are they also trying to teach it afterwards?

Why? Wouldn't it be better if they didn't know? All they're basically trying to do is teaching their students to also flip their shit whenever they see something that barely resembles a Swastika, thus turning them into the fanatics we just can't stand. I swear people are just trying too hard without thinking ahead...

Extreme Christianism is based around the Amish & old europian culture's that believed/ only hands labor and following god is their way of nature. And, technology is forbidden+ and practical magic - healing potion's & soft drinks is considered witchcraft... Plus, symbols of any characters/ that's not of their religion is Satanism.

I...just...ah...WHAT?!

Okay, playing devil's advocate (how ironic) for a second, I can "kinda" get where they are coming from. In some places of the world, magic is strongly believed to be inheritance evil no matter what form it may take, so no matter the context magic is evil and must be avoided at all cost, usually dependent on religious belief. 

On the common sense side of things however...how messed up is your life that it is your job to examine kid's toys and cartoons and go "Yeah, that white kitty is clearly a love letter to satan and that candy coloured pony telling you to smile and make friends is obviously subtext for 'kill your family and bath in their blood by the light of the full moon in order to transmogrify your soul into that of a magical unicorn'. Clearly this must be stopped!" My sister has "Hello Kitty" plastered on the inside of her car, does that then make it an occult vehicle? 

On that note, way to fail at your research dude. Besides Twilight becoming an Alicorn (which I should point out shows even more research fail that he figured the awful book series and Twilight Sparkle are connected solely by name) at no point does anypony change shape or species. The changelings do, and they kinda look like something straight out of the pits of hell but so I'll be willing to give him that but it's still no excuse for this level of stupidity! This is the 21 century for Pete's sake, not the middle ages!  

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

I see many people here seem to think I wrote this myself or something. Should I add some better clarification that all this article is quoted? I thought it would be obvious enough...

I didn't think you wrote it, I was just pointing out how weird that statement was. It was perfectly clear to me that you didn't write it.

Also, why would he choose the "evil" fanart? It's like he wants it to be satanic or something. 

Religion sure makes the world go round, doesn't it? It can also be pure stupidity at times. This is one of those cases. Poland needs to solve more important problems rather than this crap. It's a pointless ban.

Edited by DJ PINK-3
  • Brohoof 1