Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music List your favorite artists/bands and answer the questions

Soundgarden

You guessed it, one of these threads has finally reached this place. The concept is rather simple

List your 10 favorite artists in no particular order and then answer the questions below. (List the artists before reading the questions, it'll make things a lot more interesting)

If you don't have 10 favorite artists, you may narrow the number down to whatever amount suits you, but 10 is the maximum amount allowed. If you listed less than 10 artists, simply skip the question(s) related to the number(s) you decided to skip

Here's the format and the question. Copy pasting is recommended (durrrrururuururur)

"Number 1", "number 5" etc refers to the artist you listed at said number 

What's your favorite song by number 4?

-

When did you first get into number 2?

-

What's your favorite lyrics from number 9?

-

What's your favorite album by 1?

-

Your top 4 favorite songs by number 7?

-

What kind of impact has number 5 had on your life? (it doesn't matter how insignificant that impact is)

-

Have you seen number 10 live?

-

How did you become a fan of number 3?

-

What's the first song you heard by number 8?

-

What's the best thing about number 6?/What about their music do you like the most?

-

What's your favorite song by number 6?

-

How did you get into number 4?

-

Which one have you listened to the longest?

-

Also, it would be nice if you hid your answers with spoiler tags, makes it easier for people to scroll down

My answers:

1. Converge
  2. Arcade Fire
  3. mewithoutYou
  4. Boris
  5. Black Breath
  6. Burial
  7. Skream
  8. Soundgarden
  9. Macabre Unit
  10. Brand New

-Flood II

-I disliked them at first, but then I gave their debut album a try after seeing so many people praising them. This was just a few months ago, actually

What's your favorite lyrics from number 6?

-Burial is a Dubstep artist, but those vocal samples from Near Dark gives me chills

-Jane Doe

1. Dutch Flowers

2. Exothermic Reaction

3. Midnight Request Line

4. Lightning 

What kind of impact has number 5 had on your life? (it doesn't matter how insignificant that impact is)

-Their aggressive music has helped me during those times I feel extremely pissed off at everything. So, it helped my anger management by a lot

-Nope ;_;

-Some online friends of mine gave unanimous praise for their album Brother, Sister, so I checked what the fuss was all about. I'm glad I did

-Black Hole Sun....

What's the best thing about number 9's music?/What about their music do you like the most?

-Every single MC in this group has an inhuman flow and their beats are really hard-hitting, dark and aggressive

-Near Dark

-I was just browsing for music on youtube, and found their album Akuma no Uta. I loved it

-Soundgarden or Skream, I don't know

If you want to, you can do this more than once if you feel like you left out on some artists you really like

Edited by Kyouko

1. Pink Floyd

-The Wall

2. Radiohead

-May of this year 2013

3. Pearl Jam

-Junior year of High School

4. Alice in Chains

-Heaven Beside You

-Began giving music I had previously dismissed a second chance

5. U2

-It is the lighter side of the spectrum of music I listen to, so it kind of gives me hope

6. Foo Fighters

-Music is just awesome I guess, also on the lighter side of the spectrum

-Everlong

7. Smashing Pumpkins

-Disarm, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Tonight, Today

8. R.E.M.

-Very difficult to answer, been listening to them on and off my entire life, I think I'll go with Day Sleeper

-definitely have listened to R.E.M. the longest, whether I wanted to or not

9. Austin Wintory

-there are no lyrics, just bliss that is the soundtrack of Journey

10. Nirvana

-No, for obvious reasons

• Brohoof 3

Note: The order of these bands is not a ranking and is subject to drastic change at my whims.

1. Skeletonwitch

2. Scar Symmetry

3. Iced Earth

4. Disarmonia Mundi

5. Masterplan

6. Soilwork

7. Amon Amarth

8. Disturbed

9. Avenged Sevenfold

10. My Chemical Romance

I've only recently discovered this band so I haven't exactly pinpointed favorite songs yet. I just know I really love their music.

Probably about a year or two ago. An ex-friend introduced them to me though I think I've become a bigger fan than he ever was.

"If they had it their way I'd burn in hell and your future's a fuckin' disaster can't you see? Give them all the power and your future's in desperate trouble" -Blinded in Chains

Out of context this lyric has always been some level of inspiration for me. For whatever reason it always makes me think of how I am vastly different from people around me in a lot of cases and fighting for my individuality is something I should always do. Yes, I realize that the lyric itself probably means something totally different in the song. :P

Beyond the Permafrost without a doubt. There's various songs I like from other albums but this was the first I heard and it sticks with me. Plus it has one of my favorite songs of all time on it: Within My Blood.

As with Disarmonia Mundi I've only recently discovered them so haven't really come to memorize song names yet.

Masterplan is pretty much what got me into one of my favorite genres. For a long time I didn't listen to much beyond melodic death and some thrash and I didn't really know what power metal was or how to define it or find it. Masterplan paved the way for me to find other bands like it.

I've never been to a live show in my life and probably never will be. I hate live music.

Part of this had to do with Masterplan. Having gotten into power metal I started wanting more. A friend started getting me to listen to a bunch of Iced Earth songs and I took a liking to them. I had already kinda known their music from Brutal Legend (which introduced me to many bands I didn't even know existed)

Down with the Sickness. I was about 10 when it came out and at the time it was probably the best song I'd ever known since most rock and metal on the radio was 80s or pop-rock stuff that couldn't stand up tot he visceral sound of Disturbed.

Over time I've heard nearly every (if not all) of Disturbed's songs and Down with the Sickness is probably one of my least favorite songs by them but it is what started me on them.

What's the best thing about number 6?/What about their music do you like the most?

Another one I've only recently discovered but I love them for their melodic tones. It's pretty much the reason I listen to melodic death in general and Soilwork just has more of that!

I haven't memorized any song names so I couldn't tell you! :P

Thank Pandora for that. Made a station for Scar Symmetry and Disarmonia Mundi started showing up more and more and I rather loved their sound.

Disturbed by a long shot. I've listened to them since their first album in 2000.

• Brohoof 1

Wowwwwwwww it's so hard to choose just 10, but I'll try.....

Plus these rankings might not be 100% accurate.

1. Rush

2. Avenged Sevenfold

3. Disturbed

4. Metallica

5. Atreyu

6. My Chemical Romance

7. Trivium

8. Dream Theater

9. Megadeth

10. Between the Buried and Me

(Honorable mentions: Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Slipknot, Coheed and Cambria, Periphery) 

-One

-About 4 1/2 years ago

-idk

-Hemispheres

-Kirisute Gomen, Throes of Perdition, Like Light to the Flies, Pull Harder On the Strings of Your Martyr

-I really like listening to them?....idk lol

-Nope, but I would like to.

-A friend introduced me to them

-Panic Attack

-I wouldn't say there is anything I like most

-Mama

-Checked out their stuff because they seemed like a band I would like

-Rush

1. Megadeth
  2. Testament
  3. Iced Earth
  4. Sepultura
  5. Slayer
  6. Sodom
  7. Destruction
  8. Kreator
  9. Exodus
  10. Overkill

-Hard to choose. Probably comes down to "Mass Hypnosis" or "Biotech is Godzilla".

What's your favorite lyrics from number 6?

-To the command of despotic dictators / They marched to fight in a senseless war / Most of them were just puppets and children / The battle was lost before it began

[from Remember the Fallen]

-Another tough one to choose. KIMB was probably most appealing to me songwise, but RIP gets the edge with having great songs and great production quality.

1. Release from Agony

2. Unconscious Ruins

3. Ripping You Off Blind

4. Metal Discharge

-Slayer is the most aggressive music I've ever heard, far more so that all that cookie monster BS out there. Their straight-for-the-jugular sound was responsible for helping me release my own aggressions in a non-destructive manner, so...I have a lot to thank Slayer for.

-Not yet, sadly.

-Was looking through a random list of thrash bands on Wikipedia, and they were cited as being thrash with symphonic and power metal qualities mixed in, so I checked them out. Coincidentally, not even a couple weeks after finding out about them my friend invited me to an Iced Earth / Symphony X concert, which I attended...and it was epic.

-Endless Pain - the first track of their eponymous debut album.

What's the best thing about number 9's music?/What about their music do you like the most?

-The instrumentation has always been extremely tight, especially with the guitars and drums.

-Enchanted Land

-I was recommended them a few years back, but was disappointed by much of the "tribal" sounding stuff. Only last year or so did I realize I was listening to the wrong albums, and listened back even further...and found roots thrashier than almost any other on this list.

-Megadeth, by far.

Edited by Thrashy
  • Brohoof 1

Wowwwwwwww it's so hard to choose just 10, but I'll try.....

Plus these rankings might not be 100% accurate.

You can do this as many times as you want. And I wasn't very clear with it in the OP, but I just wanted you simply list the artists in no particular order, not according which one you like the most (I'll edit the OP)

but RIP gets the edge with having great songs and great production quality.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I meant to ask you before if you liked RIP, I love that album!!! My favorite Megadeth album by far. Holy Wars and Hangar 18 are sooooo good holy crap.

(also, not to sound like a jerk, but maybe you should listen to some other stuff besides just thrash metal xD)

This looks fun.

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Katy Perry

3. Utada Hikaru

4. Motionless in White

5. Black Veil Brides

6. Pat Benatar

7. Escape the Fate

8. Cherri Bomb

9. P!nk

10. Adam Lambert

-Burned at both ends

-I've been into her for a while now. I own a few of her cds, and I've even seen her live before. Where did it all begin though? Hmm...Probably just hearing her on the radio a few years back.

-The lyrics from Ave Mary A. Here is a sample of the lyrics from the song.

Broken hearts all around the spot
I can't help thinking that we lost the plot
Suicide bomber and a student shot
Tokyo, I think we got a problem

But for that they have gotta pay
If that don't kill you then the side effects will
If we don't kill each other then the side effects will
Cape Town, I think we got a problem

-Nightmare.

-

1. My Apocalypse
  2. Ashley
  3. Ungrateful
  4. Until we die

-Black Veil Brides were like a gateway band for me. I would have never found out about a very significant number of the bands I like today if It wasn't for me becoming a fan of theirs.

-Twice, actually.

-Kingdom Hearts.

-Shake the Ground.

-I love Pat Benatar's voice, and her songs as well. I've been a fan of hers since I was a little kid.

-Hmmm, she has a lot of good ones...Invincible, probably.

-A friend let me borrow her Motionless in White CD. I didn't even know who they were, but I accepted the offer and downloaded the CD onto my iPod. I ended up liking them.

-Pat Benatar. I've been listening to her as long as I can remember.

Uhm, okay then! Here's the top ten list:

1. Foo Fighters
  2. Katatonia
  3. Coldplay
  4. Aphex Twin
  5. Mindthings
  6. Nirvana
  7. Chicane
  8. Madeon
  9. Radiohead
  10. Keane

And now for the questions.

Coin flip between Flim and Ptolemy.

About a year and a half ago, through Opeth.

"A little bit of knowledge will destroy you" - Cuttooth. The more you think about it, the scarier this lyric is. :3

ESP&G, they went outside what they normally do, exploring new things. I liked that, and it worked fantastically. Come Alive is, in my opinion, the best song ever written...

1) Empires

2) What Am I Doing Here

3) Poppiholla

4) Something Wrong

One of multiple chillbeat artists that got me to sleep during an extremely tough mental period in January 2012. I owe 'em a lot.

I haven't.

Naturally. I was 6 when I heard Clocks for the first time, loved it, didn't really inquire into Coldplay but kept hearing stuff from them and acknowledged that they were great. Then one day I went to listen to VLVoDAAHF and have actively listened to them since then.

The City. I only recently got into Madeon, first heard it as a background music to someone's Maplestory video.

Do I really need to put into words the awesomeness of Nirvana?

Come As You Are.

My brother showed me SAW 85-92 when I was about nine, I really liked them and put a few of the songs on repeat (Ptolemy, Xtal and Heliosphan) then went and heard some of his other stuff.

Coldplay. 11 years now!

• Brohoof 2

(also, not to sound like a jerk, but maybe you should listen to some other stuff besides just thrash metal xD)

lawl, I do. It's just that no other genre or subgenre of music does quite as much for me as thrash does. But I guess later I'll make another post here containing my top 10 non-thrash groups.

@: Are you looking for just bands/solo artists, or can classical composers be included as well?

@: Are you looking for just bands/solo artists, or can classical composers be included as well?

Any musician, whether it be a band, an artist, a composer, extremely avant-garde musicians etc. If they make music, they may be included

Edited by Kyouko

Artists/Bands

1.  Coldplay
2.  Of Monsters and Men
3.  30 Seconds to Mars
4.  Florence + the Machine
5.  Mumford & Sons
6.  Owl City
7.  Arcade Fire
8.  U2
9.  Imagine Dragons
10. Snow Patrol

Answers

- Right now, my favorite by her is "What The Water Gave Me."

- Well, I first heard "Little Talks on the radio a few times, and I really liked it. I looked into the band a bit, and listened to their album, and I loved it. I've been listening to them ever since. It was earlier this year.

- "No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed."

-Demons

- Either "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends", or "Parachutes."

- 1. Rebellion (Lies)

2. No Cars Go

3. Wake Up

4. Haiti

- It hasn't really had any impact on my life; I guess it introduced me to more music, but that's it.

- Nope, would be nice though.

- Well, I first heard their song "This is War" in a PMV on youtube, and I really liked the song. I did some research on some more of their songs, and I have liked a lot of them.

- "Beautiful Day"

- I love how peaceful and surreal their music is, and their songs just make you feel good. The vocabulary is really nice as well.

- Either "To The Sky" or "Vanilla Twilight."

- Well, I first listened to her song: "Shake It Out", and liked it, but I didn't really look into anything else by her. I first got into Florence + the Machine after I watched a PMV for another one of her songs: "Cosmic Love", which I also really liked.

- Well, I've been listening to Coldplay for about seven years, so I'll go with them.

• Brohoof 2

artists/bands:

these are in whatever order they enter my head

1. The Beatles
  2. Journey
  3. Styx
  4. Led Zeppelin
  5. Lynyrd Skynyrd
  6. Doobie Brothers
  7. Foreigner
  8. Kansas
  9. Eagles
  10. Elton John

answers:

- Stairway to Heaven

-Don't Stop Believin'

-"we are all just prisoners here of our own device" (Hotel California)

-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band

-cold as ice, hot blooded, double vision, and i want to know what love is

-the south makes good music. they are proof.

-nope

-Renegade

-Carry on my Wayward Son

-their voices and how they work with each other/harmonize...i guess

-china grove or black water. they have a lot of good ones imo.

-dad got the mothership album and he played it.

-1. my very first song that was made by a well-known band was Yellow Submarine.

Artists/Bands:

1. The Bunny The Bear
2. Susumu Hirasawa
3. Frank Zappa
4. Shoji Meguro
5. Men Without Hats
6. Anamanaguchi
7. The Epoxies
8. Dead Kennedys
9. The Dead Milkmen
10. Who the Bitch

Questions/Answers:

Either Key Plus Words or Burn My Dread

I caught some parts of Paranoia Agent when I was about 9 or 10 and I thought the soundtrack was amazing. I did not know it was Susumu Hirasawa until about two years ago.

The entire song "Stuart"

Definitely "Stories"

"Radiation", "Toys", "Synthesized", and "Everything Looks Beautiful on Video"

They really got me into synthpop, which is now one of my favorite genres.

Sadly, they have not performed outside of Japan  :(

My mom would always play songs of his and then one day I finally asked "Mom, who is this?"

Police Truck

Their melodies. I honestly think they write some of the best melodies I've ever heard.

Japan Air

I watched the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 and thought "Wow, the music in this game is pretty good. I wonder what else he's done."

Frank Zappa, probably. I've heard his music since I was like 3 lol

Bands/Answers

1. Radiohead
- Kid A
2. Converge
- I listened to their Depeche Mode cover and looked into some of their other stuff, at first I didn't like the stuff, but eventualy they became the first Hardcore band that I got into Scratch that out, they were my second Hardcore band
3. Isis
People were discussing them on another forum that I've gone on and I decided to try out Oceanic, it was a love at first listen
4. Norma Jean
- Probably either Kill More Presidents, Liarsenic, or Songs Sound Much Sadder
5. Nine Inch Nails
They didn't really have any impact on my life, though they were one of the first bands to get me into electronic music, so that's the best I've got
6. Rosetta
They are one of the most atmospheric yet heavy sounding bands that I've heard in my life
Lift (All parts of it)
7. Underoath
 1 - When The Sun Sleeps
 2 - Too Bright To See, Too Loud To Hear
 3 - Cries of the Past
 4 - Sunburt
8. Botch
Afghamistam
9. Massive Attack
...I literally can not think for this one
10. Boris
I'd only wish

I've listened to Radiohead the most out of them all

Edited by Rio

I guess, this will be fun.

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Alter Bridge

3. Three Days Grace

4. Nas

5. Bone Thugs n Harmony

6. Danny Elfman

7. Hans Zimmer

8. Staind

9. Limp Bizkit

10. Ludacris

The World is Yours

When I first heard their song, Find The Real.

'' Just one more fight, about your leadership.''

Nightmare

1. Molossus

2. Corynorhinus

3. Lasiurus

4. Nycteris

The rap group made an impact on my life when I never knew that they excited but, when I heard their songs I was astonished.

Not really, no.

When I heard one of their songs, Never Too Late.

Nothing Left To Lose

Not really

He is a pretty known composer, mostly for composing in Tim Burton movies. What I like about his music is, it sounds really dark and it has a lot of effort.

Main Titles from Spider-Man

I decided to listen to his songs, then I was set for life.

I've listened to Never Too Late by Three Days Grace, the longest.

1. Nirvana

2. The Smiths

3. Carcass

4. Death

5. Sunny Day Real Estate

6. Pixies

7. Eyehategod

8. Type O Negative

9. Swans

10. Opeth

Misanthrope

Oh, that's an interesting story so grab some popcorn. Okay, so back in 8th grade I entered a poetry slam, and I read my poem out loud. One of the lines from my poem was "meat is murder" and after I read my poem, my English teacher (who ran the poetry slam) said to me "Meat is murder? Do you listen to The Smiths?", I replied with "I've... heard of them...", and he said "Oh dude you should listen to them, you'll love them". I finished in the top 10 that day, I was actually number eight. But it really meant a lot me because I was having a really awful school year, I had no friends, I was constantly getting picked, I was always alone, almost everybody hated me, I was a bit... let's just say I really didn't want to live anymore. So a day later, I went on ThePirateBay and torrented Meat Is Murder and I loved it so much that I SERIOUSLY considered going vegan just because of it. That, and the songs were easy for me to relate to. The Smiths got me through some of the hardest and most depressing times of my life, and that means a lot to me.

FLEX YOUR MUSCLES

I like Bleach, Nevermind, and In Utero equally.

Shinobi
White ------
Depress
Man Is too Ignorant to Exist

Well, I got addicted to them.

...No...

I was just getting into metal, and they jumped out at me. I really liked them and I just decided that they were my favorite metal band.

Bloody Kisses (A Death in the Family)

I love the way they can make heavily distorted poppy music.

Gouge Away 

This one dude I knew that I sat next to in homeroom in eight grade.

Nirvana

Slayer is the most aggressive music I've ever heard, far more so that all that cookie monster BS out there.

Edited by Maki Natsuo

1. The Who
2. Green Day
3. Andrew W.K
4. Weezer
5. AC/DC
6. The Beatles
7. Mumford and Sons
8. The Dollyrots
9. The Offspring
10. Queen

- Say It Ain't So.

- Back in 2004 when American Idiot came out.

- I know I'm being used, that's ok because I like the abuse.

- Quadrophenia, by a looooooooooong mile

- I Will Wait, Winter Winds, The Cave, Little Lion Man

- The first guitar solo I ever learned was the solo from You Shook Me All Night Long, and Angus Young's style inspired me to improve my guitar ability.

- HA! I wish.

- Heard the song from that Cupcakes video, and thought I would research more of Andrew's music.. I was not disappointed.

- I wanna Go

- I'm not really sure to be honest.. I guess it's just the range that band had, one song will be a simple rock song, the next would be a classic jazz song or something.

- Back in the USSR.. Or Let It Be.. Or Hey Jude

- I used to watch Kerrang! with my sister and Weezer would often come up, and I always enjoyed their songs and videos.

- Green Day.

Hmm hard to choose a "definitive best of" list, but I will do some off of the top of my head. Also sorry if I accidentally skipped any questions, I have Dyscalculia so all these randomly placed numbers is confusing me lol.

1. Devin Townsend - Oh that's a easy one, my favorite DT album is without a doubt Ziltoid The Omniscient
2. Buckethead - Guitar Hero 2 helped me find this masterful genius
3. Nine Inch Nails - Rock Band introduced me to this band really. After hearing March of The Pigs for the first time I was hooked on this band
4. Babymetal - My favorite song by them would be Megitsune, which is also my pick for best Deathcore/Trancecore song of all time. Got into the band when a friend of mine linked me to them, been a huge fan since.
5. A Flock of Seagulls - Well they haven't had a big inpact on my life really since I recently got into them, but they have made me appreciate silly 80's hair more =P
6. Emperor - The best thing about them is how they dare to go outside of "proper true Black Metal" norms and be experimental, also great live mixing that breaks the notion that Black Metal needs poor and raw mixing to be good. Their best song would be the 10 minute 2 part epic Al Svartr (The Oath)/Ye Entrancemperium.
7. Daft Punk - My top 4 favorite songs would be One More Time, Giorgio by Moroder, Harder Better Faster Stronger and Contact
8. Cradle of Filth - The first song I heard by them would be the radio edit of Nymphetamine
9. Rise Against - Hmm tricky one, they got a lot of good lyrics really. I think the song Help is On The Way got pretty touching lyrics, especially the part about sitting and hoping for help but then realizing the help never comes.
10. iwrestledabearonce - Sadly, no haven't seen them live, and now that they are becoming so serious with their music I am worried it wouldn't be the same. I want more songs with harp solos and Country breakdowns damn it!

I have technically listened to Rise Against the longest of these bands, I found their song Like The Angle on the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's Underground and after that started enjoying them more and more with time and new songs found.

Bands/artists:

1. The Beatles

2. The Beach Boys

3. David Bowie

4. XTC

5. Johnny Cash

6. Dan Fogelberg

7. Elvis Presley

8. Fleet Foxes

9. Elton John

10. Bob Dylan

Questions:

-

Mayor Of Simpleton. It's such a perfect song.

-

Earlier this year. I heard everyone singing Pet Sounds' praises, so I checked it out and it blew me away. The rest is history.

-

Every lyric in "This Song Has No Title".

-

It changes a lot. Right now it's The White Album.

-

1. Marie's The Name (His Latest Flame)

2. In The Ghetto

3. Follow That Dream

4. Little Sister

-

He made me realize that country music could be good.

-

Nope.

-

I had heard his name mentioned a lot, so I checked him out. After one listen to Space Oddity, I was hooked.

-

The Plains/Bitter Dancer

-

I guess it's everything about it. The way the great lyrics, singing, and the all the other stuff come out.

-

Every song on The Innocent Age.

-

I saw their name in some list, and checked them out. I listened to a few tracks from Oranges And Lemons and loved them, and became more of a fan from there.

The Beatles.

(This will be rather difficult for me as I have never even listed a top 3 let alone a top 10, but let's see here..   Note: This probably isn't even close to right, but oh well..)

1. Poets of the Fall

2. Sixx A.M.

3. Within Temptation

4. Linkin Park

5. Sum 41

6. Two Steps From Hell

7. Fort Minor

8. Miracle of Sound (youtuber who makes fanmade songs for video games)

9. Evanescence

10. Apocalyptica

- Powerless

-Possibly a few months ago.

- "You won't cry for my absence, I know -

You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?"

-Carnival of Rust or Twilight Theater.

-1. Right Now

2. Remember the Name

3. Red to Black

4. Kenji

-It led me to discover other bands? That's about it, really.

-I haven't seen any bands live, so...no.

-I became a fan by watching an AMV one day and I heard their song "Somewhere" featured in it. I thought it sounded great, looked it up, and fell in love with the band.

-Wheatley's Song

- I guess the best thing is how their music could be used for anything and it will still seem awesome. I like how epic-sounding the music can get, it's great for use in AMV's or for playing a video game. 

-Starvation

-I just listened to one of their songs in an AMV (I use AMV's as a way to find new favorite music), looked them up, listened to some of their music, and loved it. 

-Linkin Park, easily. 

Artists:

1. Paramore

2. Fall Out Boy

3. Of Monsters and Men

4. Foster the People

5. Green Day

6. Three Days Grace

7.  My Chemical Romance

8. *NSync *cry*

Im only going to list eight because I cant think of anything else ._.

Questions:

- Call it What you Want

- A few years ago, I guess. I dont really know

- Brand New Eyes

- 1. Welcome to the Black Parade

2. Sing

3. Nananana

4. The End.

- Thank you Billie Jean Armstrong. I dyed my hair black because of you.....

-

- Sir.Flutter Hooves

- Bye Bye Bye

- I love the voice of the lead singer. I love how in the chorus it gets a bit more intense.

- Never too Late

- My friend Monica told me about them and I thought they were epic

- Paramore

Bands/artists:

1. Gentle Giant

2. Yes

3. Camel

4. King Crimson

5. Saga

6. Citizen Cain

7. Genesis

8. Jethro Tull

9. Supertramp

10. System of a Down

- Epitaph

- When I listened to their Close to the Edge album, and I bought it this weekend. :)

- What if I don't listen to lyrics? o_O

- Well, all their albums are great, and I'm lucky enough to have one, really rare (Octopus). But their best album is In a Glass House.

- Get em Out by Friday, Watcher of the Skies, Supper's Ready, Firth of Fifth

- The impact was huge. It's the band that made me get out of a depression, and they showed me prog rock music. Saw them live. :3

- Nope, and not my favorite music group.

- I found a song on youtube, Mystic Queen, when listening to Saga songs

- Thick as a Brick, 45 minutes long and a masterpiece.

- A music group from the 90's, one of the few remaining prog rock groups. Not very popular, but quite similar to old Genesis, which I like.

- Falling from Sephiroth

- While listening to songs on youtube again.

- Supper's Ready by Genesis, and Humble Stance by Saga.

Um... I'll try to randomize the order, I guess.

Favorite Bands/Artists:

1. Bread

2. The Divine Comedy

3. Eagles

4. Chicago

5. Boston

6. America

7. Streetlight Manifesto

8. Blood, Sweat & Tears

9. The Beatles

10. Jim Croce

Answers:

Hm... Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, or Beginnings.

Late 2010

To be honest, I don't know. I really don't pay attention to lyrics. Although I suppose I like the lyrics in Within You, Without You

Is it awful that I really don't know them by albums?

Oh, this is hard. =(

Here's To Life

Would You Be Impressed?

If and When We Rise Again

We Will Fall Together

I suppose they're just a bit nostalgic for me... In the very later part of my senior year of high school and early college I listened to a station that played them.

No, I believe he died loooonnnggg before I was born.

I suppose I was just raised to that kind of music.

I don't really remember, but I think it was God Bless The Child.

I don't know... I just love that soft rock sound, I suppose.

Either "I Need You" or "Ventura Highway"

I love wind instruments, and I think they work really well in popular/rock music. lol

Probably Chicago. Although I didn't always love them. Throughout most of my childhood I only knew them for their 80s music.

1. Sum 41

2. Bloodhound Gang

3. Celph Titled

4. Rise Against

5. The Offpsring

6. Iron Maiden

7. Blink 182

8. Zebrahead

9. Eminem

10. Dropkick Murphys

- I love a lot of their stuff, so you're making me choose between children here...

but i'll go with my gut feeling and choose "Survive".

- When i saw the "Bad Touch" music video as a kid.

They say music can alter moods and talk to you
Well can it load a gun up for you and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault, and i'll get sued
See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols
And they want to get one cause they think the shit's cool
Not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers
Of course the shit's affectin' our sales, you ignoramus
But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail
It's fucked up ain't it
How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted
That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing
Except for a dream, and a fuckin' rap magazine
Who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long
Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs
Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives
Till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die
Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe
We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes
That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it,

squeeze it and hold it, 'cause we consider these minutes golden
And maybe they'll admit it when we're gone
Just let our spirits live on through our lyrics that you hear in our songs, and we can...

- All Killer, No Filler

- Anthem Part II, Stay Together For The Kids, Not Now, Always.

- No idea how to answer this. Skipping.

- Yep. Saw them last year.

- Watching hip hop amvs on youtube, i liked the sound of him and checked out his group and their associates.

That was my first taste of underground rap.

- Broadcast To The World.

- The guitar work. Some of the solos are completely amazing. The singer also has an incredible voice.

- Fear Of The Dark ('Rock In Rio' live version)

- Found them through youtube amvs, just like number 3.

- 1, 5 and 7 all date back to my childhood, so i'm unsure of who came first.