Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cookie or the cream? Intense debate over which part of an Oreo is best.

MLP Moth

Cream or Cookie  

52 users have voted

1. 1. Cookie or Cream

• Cookie
    • Cream

This belongs in the debate pit :P lawlz. anyways 

Cookie. because otherwise cream is just like eating straight butter. you dont do it. 

It is very much like bread and butter in that way. would you rather eat plain bread or plain butter? butter SOUNDS better but it... 

...yeah..

I like the cookie part of the oreo better, if it had to come down to choosing between the two. It's the crunchy part after all, while eating the cream would be just like eating butter.

You can take the cream out of the oreo, but that doesn't mean it's not a cookie no more. :P

Bourbons and Custard Creams do the cookie and cream thing WAAAAYYYY better but oreos are good to. Cream for me. It's the metaphorical cherry on top which makes the oreo taste brilliant. What's great about that cherry is that you can have it by itself.

Cream's the best!

• Brohoof 1

ou9kiZJ.jpg

I don't eat oreos enough to have an opinion. The last time I had an oreo was when I donated blood last month and they were giving them away at the Relaxing Table. I don't prefer them either, since they have so much colouring in them to keep them black. I can't honestly decide between them, so I think I'd take my own option, which is making a chipwich. (Although best kind of chipwiches are made with chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough ice cream.)

I love eating Oreos! If you're talking about the originals, then the cream's better because it tastes like ice cream. Plus, it's so much fun to take off the cream and eat it clean off from the cookie. If however you're talking about the minis, then you can't separate the two because they're best together.

Definitely the cream. The cookie, while good, is dry and rather unremarkable. Nothing that really sets it apart from anything else. But the soft texture of the cream and its flavor aren't like anything else I've had. Even Coldstone recognizes the cream as the best part of the Oreo. The one near me now sells Oreo cream flavored ice cream.

When taken as a whole, I think the cookie is fantastic. The mediocrity of the cookie vanishes but not because it's overshadowed by the deliciousness of the cream. They blend together into something greater than the sum of their parts. Even moreso when thoroughly soaked with milk or coffee.

Cream, you always gotta lick that off.

.......................................................................................that's what she said.

I like both the cookie and the cream, I think both are equally good to be honest. They definitely go well together.

post-8308-0-75145100-1379699525_thumb.jpg

So this is a real question? A literal choice must be made? A decision this difficult requires some thinking.....

Intense thinking over with, the cookie. I feel that the cream compliments the cookie but the cookie alone is still great. Sure, the cream alone is still great, but in my opinion the cookie is better overall.

I need a break from this intense thinking stuff....

I think of it this way: It is ok to eat french fries and is ok to eat french fries with ketchup, but would you eat ketchup by itself? Same with the Oreo The cream does make it more flavorable however, would you just eat the cream by itself? The cookie portion you can though. I have no idea if that even made sense to me.....

Edited by Ember Gleam

When I was a kid, I hated the cookie part. I would always just take the cream and gulp it down with some milk.

Nowadays, I can bear the cookie part, but I still prefer the cream. 

However, the whole oreo with milk is absolutely delicious. And oreo milkshakes?

BEST THING EVER MADE.

THE BEST.

Nothing will ever beat the Great and Powerful Oreo Milkshake. 

• Brohoof 2

How can you make me choose? That's just sick, man. You're evil.

Here are my two standard methods of eating an oreo:

1. Take it apart and eat only the filling first, then eat the cookies seperately immediately afterward
  2. Dunk the whole thing in milk and eat it as-is.

But if you absolutely must make me choose only one, well...

• 1 month later...

The cookie. Although i haven't had an Oreo in a while, i've always found it offending to see someone eat the cream and waste the cookie. Plus, i've always thought the cream was a bit too sweet. It's perfect together, really. 

How I eat an Oreo:

1: As-is

2: Scrape the cream off with my teeth and eat the cookie first. (Kind of the same thing)

3: With milk laugh.png

I've never had to ponder which  one I liked more. The cookie is what makes it a cookie in the first place, after all. 

Edited by Midnight Gaze

Well, in my opinion, the cookie isn't the best without the cream, and the cream isn't too good without the cookie. Honestly, I don't have too good of an answer.

I'd go with cream if I had to, hehe. :3

Seriously. If you hand me an oreo, i'll just involuntarily shove into my mouth hole. There is no "best part."  Who dareth disturb the harmony between cream and cookie?! BLASPHEMY!

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

CCCCCRRRRREEEEEEAAAAMMMMMMM!

It's so delicious! They should sell it in 1kg containers. I'd just grab a spoon, and I'd be ready. biggrin.png

its so amazing how your avatar matches your "CCCCCRRRRREEEEEEAAAAMMMMMMM!"

This is for the one hundred characters so ignore this twenty characters left

• Brohoof 3

I'm gonna be like everyone else and be all like...LE BOTH!
Seriously. I've done the whole splitting apart thing with Oreos and nommed on one before the other and I gotta say that its so much tastier if you just eat da cookie O.O
Plus if you're with other people, you wont take the time to split them and you can be the huge poop who just stuffs their face before anyone else gets any vsTALhM.png

• Brohoof 1

If I had to choose between them, I would choose the "cookie".

What I like to do is take a lot of the "cookie" parts, put them in a bowl and dump milk in it. It then soaks it up and become mushy. Then you stir it up and it's like semi-sweet pudding. It's amazing.

The cookie's alright, but my preference is definitely the cream. Chewy and creamy just appeals to me a lot more than crunchy. One (kinda gross looking back on it now) thing I used to do with my Oreos when I was younger was take three of them, eat all the cookies, then roll all the cream into a ball and eat it. I stopped doing it after I almost choked to death on one of the balls once, but that's a different story.

The cookie is immensely chocolately delight.

The cream is a glob of unapologetic sugar.

Both are wonderful.

Now, if you want to get into fudge cremes or fried Oreos, well...I may just die of joy. Joy in the form of extreme diabetes.

Anyway, I pull the cookies apart, eat the cream, then dunk the cookies in milk until they're soft and chewable once each cookie has been de-creamed. So it's all good.

I see no reason to only eat a single side.

If you ever become a cannibal, you can always say "At least I'm not a racist!" :lol:

Edited by Koelath
  • Brohoof 1