Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming GTA V Discussion

Flutter's lover <3

I apologize. It appears I have spoken too soon. I take back all that I said before. Teaches me not to judge a game after playing it for only a little sad.png

I'm working on beating it and truth be told...I wasn't expecting it to be so long. My personal favorite character is easily Michael. So, in order from favorite to least favorite, it's this:

1. Michael
  2. Franklin
  3. Trevor

So far, I am absolutely loving the game and I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Some missions have been giving me trouble but I have managed to pass them eventually. As long as it doesn't fall apart at the end...this game may very well be my all time favorite game. I prefer the city areas to the country areas to be honest, which is probably why I'm not much of a fan of Trevor. I plan on eventually finishing it some time this week, hopefully. I played it for over 10 hours straight on Thursday or something like that. Then I played for more than 10 hours again on Friday. The graphics look surprisingly beautiful and I encountered maybe one glitch so far.

I like Franklin better myself, tho we agree on Trevor. Frank just seems like the most stable character out of the three to me and that's the reason I like him so much. Despite being so much younger and thus perceived as more inexperienced, he's holding his own against the old dudes.

Edited by Freedan

Well...other than a few extra missions here and there, I have finished GTA V. My opinion on it? IT WAS AWESOME. The characters are memorable, the missions can be frustrating but they're still great, there's so much to do even when you finish the game, the city and country setting are both nice to be in. Michael still remained my favorite character. The game was way longer than I could have ever expected as well. And after looking back on the game as a whole...it's my favorite all-time video game. I especially love the giant map of the game and the different possibilities of the game such as the clothing, the vehicles, and everything in-between. Do yourself a favor and pick the game up and play the living hell out of it. I encountered one glitch in total so the game is well-put together. As  someone who has average expectations for games...GTA V blew my expectations. The city setting still looks beautiful. I easily recommend it to anyone, whether a GTA fan or not. 

• Brohoof 2

I fin the story last Sunday and overall I would say GTA is my fav game this year by a country mile. The cut scenes compare to something in a high quality TV Drama. The game play is awesome-but I did prefer the drive by shooting on sleeping dogs. The characters all really compliment each other. My fav char is Franklin with Michael and Trevor and joint second. The world is drop dead gorgeous, my personal place being Mt. Chilliad. If you have £40 going free atm and you don't have any pony conventions coming up would buy it asap. You won't be disappointed!

I have been putting most of my free time for 6 days now into playing this game. I have just begun my second play through. This is easily the best GTA game so far I think though they couldn't quite decide if they take the more serious approach like in GTA IV or loosen up a little bit. I think the story suffers for that. But this game has the best gameplay in the franchise and the most to do. No matter what kind of gamer you are I don't think you can go wrong with buying it. You are sure to find something you like :D.

I'm waiting for PC release =)

I'm enjoying being a PC gamer, and as much as I like GTA, I'm not paying $400 or go through the hassles and limits of borrowing/sharing someone else's console. (No PS3 or XBOX)

I got a "Grotti Pegassi" car that I've nicknamed Dashie...painted blue.

I also got a "Coil" I'll be naming Fluttershy.

Probably my fave car, nicknamed it Luna....if I had an iphone or something I'd personalize the plate to say Luna.

Tornado, with midnight purple paint....blacked out rims and chrome center caps. and a bunch of sleeper upgrades. Hard to see the midnight purple paint with the crappy snapmatic app.

img-1887510-1-0_0.jpg

img-1887510-2-0_0.jpg

Yea,modding cars is a fave thing to do in this game...

Edited by Flutter Dash

I'm going to describe this game, prepare yourselves.

It's a beautifully disgusting brilliant piece of satire of America, while showing some strangely touching moments. WTF Trevor and Patrisha. It leaves you feeling very unclean but at the same time very satisfied. I'm also to the end of the campaign.

• Brohoof 1

So is somepony going to make a mlp forums crew for GTA online for the 360 or the ps3 because that would be pretty cool. I already beat the story and it was amazing. I also got a custom plate that says D1SCORD, sadly I was too late to get the original DISCORD.

I wouldn't say its bigger than san Andrea's/vice city and liberty city. its about the size of san Andrea's but the map is completely different its just a huge los Santos and mount chiliad surrounded by ocean. But there's so much detail in every part of the map its well worth the changes. I'm hoping that maybe in DLC they will add san fierro and las Ventura's.

I've seen this game advertised a lot, and I have the disposable income for it. However, I'm kind of begging myself one central question.

What is this game's central mechanic that makes it so much fun for people?

The GTA series has traditionally included lots of little minigames for the hell of it, and I'm fine with it. The most obvious answer I'd expect is that the shooting is the central mechanic. However, I've read more than one opinion piece stating that the shooting got boring more quickly than they expected - the crosshair unnecessarily moves upwards on your screen when you zoom in, the cover system isn't great, it's impossible to aim without abuse of the quick-flicking auto-aim system, and all enemies are marked on your minimap with red dots, leaving you to just keep consulting it until all are gone.

The driving is a contender for central mechanic, but I don't feel I play a lot of games specifically for racing, and especially not to aimlessly cruise around a city. What's more, apparently you can't aim out of your window without shooting?

Beyond that, descriptions from my friends indicate that even when the missions involve exciting things like planning to release a gas into a building so you can rob it...when I boiled down what he was saying, what was left was "Walk to waypoints and press the Use button".

Guys, I'm all for having fun, but even without having played this game I feel like I'm missing something crucial.

GTA V is one of the best free roam games i have ever played, and the story is amazing. I am about 30% in but there is just so much awesome stuff you can do.(i love fighting police in the carnival!)The main 3 characters are very well done.

So.....who's played the online?

First couple days it was really buggy, but they seemed to have fixed the issues with things. 

They also patched the ability to replay missions for more money.

>mini rant

I got my character deleted quite a few times, it's really infuriating for me >.< I didn't lose my money at least, but I did lose my garage and my $80,000 car. It sucked even more because right when I made a new character, my friend told me that if you just leave the game for a while, your character will come back. But since I made a new character already it was a little too late for that ;P

Other than that, online is pretty damn fun! Especially with a couple of friends goofing off with you. Although I wish people weren't such jackasses and stop killing random people the instant they see someone (unless you have like a $9000 bounty or something lol). 

Anyone got GTA for xbox? 

Anyway, the online is awesome as heck! First time I joined I was doing this Lamar mission and suddenly a guy in boxers with no shirt kills me and I was like what the hell?!?!?! Didn't know at that point that other players could join while you're doing missions :o

>mini rant

I got my character deleted quite a few times, it's really infuriating for me >.< I didn't lose my money at least, but I did lose my garage and my $80,000 car. It sucked even more because right when I made a new character, my friend told me that if you just leave the game for a while, your character will come back. But since I made a new character already it was a little too late for that ;P

Other than that, online is pretty damn fun! Especially with a couple of friends goofing off with you. Although I wish people weren't such jackasses and stop killing random people the instant they see someone (unless you have like a $9000 bounty or something lol). 

Gotta agree with you... don't like those random-killer fools xD

(edited)

>mini rant

Yea I got my character deleted today...I Had him up to level 16-17...decided to make a second character in the other character slot....but it got deleted too after the game froze after I won the race against Lamar.

So I"m hoping that my original character in slot 1 comes back....

and I agree with you on random people killing you for no reason....it's one of a few things that ruined GTA IV online for me. It can get really annoying when you're trying to do something...like looking on your cellphone or driving around for that perfect car.

Anyone got GTA for xbox? 

Anyway, the online is awesome as heck! First time I joined I was doing this Lamar mission and suddenly a guy in boxers with no shirt kills me and I was like what the hell?!?!?! Didn't know at that point that other players could join while you're doing missions ohmy.png

Gotta agree with you... don't like those random-killer fools xD

I got it on xbox...If you wanna add me it's oRainbow Crasho

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I sold the game for some extra cash but I will definitely buy this game again when it gets cheaper as I'm already itching for a second playthrough. However, I'm avoiding online like the plague as I can already imagine the amount of chaos I will see in there with players who shoot and destroy everything in their path, NPC and players alike. It's not the sort of multiplayer experience I'm ok with.

For those curious on the scale of this new GTA V map...

here's some references. to show how massive GTA V is.

GTA IV's Liberty city pasted over GTA : San Andreas

312e7vn.jpg

and here's GTA IV's Liberty City Pasted over GTA V's Los Santos/San Andreas

vsDYCy6.jpg

• Brohoof 1

^ Thing is, you barely have to go outside of the city of Los Santos throughout GTA V, not to mention, as you can tell from the map, 3/4 of Los Santos is filled with small villages in the desert and country, with only a small portion of the entire map occupied by the city. While it is a lot bigger, it doesn't feel very big.

^ Thing is, you barely have to go outside of the city of Los Santos throughout GTA V, not to mention, as you can tell from the map, 3/4 of Los Santos is filled with small villages in the desert and country, with only a small portion of the entire map occupied by the city. While it is a lot bigger, it doesn't feel very big.

I'm not quite sure I follow - GTA V's map is enormous, just about any way you measure it. Sure, most of the missions revolve around LS, but there's more than a few that require you to cross the map. And even at that, what is the point of playing a GTA game if you're not going to go and discover every little detail on the map? The amounts of exploring and goofing off in the countryside you can do is ridiculous. I can't count the number of times I've been romping it about in the wilderness, and stopped to look around for a second and wonder, "Where the hell am I"?

• Brohoof 1

I dunno - to me, San Andreas' seems to be easily the biggest, in terms of "detail". There are 3 cities, plenty of towns and large highways inbetween, an airport in each city as well as one out in the desert...

Asking "Where the hell am I?" isn't actually all that impressive - it sounds like Minecraft where every location is arranged differently or has a different set of hills, but there's often nothing distinctive about each location.

I guess my perceptions are colored, having not played GTA 5 yet

I dunno - to me, San Andreas' seems to be easily the biggest, in terms of "detail". There are 3 cities, plenty of towns and large highways inbetween, an airport in each city as well as one out in the desert...

Asking "Where the hell am I?" isn't actually all that impressive - it sounds like Minecraft where every location is arranged differently or has a different set of hills, but there's often nothing distinctive about each location.

I guess my perceptions are colored, having not played GTA 5 yet

Think of it like this; GTA V basically cut out the bottom portion of San Andreas' map, blew it up two to four times larger, and added 10x the detail.O

On another note, I can't be the only one whom who takes admittedly sick pleasure in running down the herds of deer. :D

Edited by Abstract