Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most touching scenes in video games/movies/TV shows/Books

Tenshinohana

I tried to look up if there's a topic about this, but couldn't find one. There was only one for death, and I see that there are so many types of different touching scenes so...

So what scenes have really touched you? Did you feel touched when your favorite show had it's last scene in the whole series, because you just felt that it just was so perfect? Maybe there was a certain type of good bye that really moved you? Or maybe how someone told the other one they loved him/her?

For me, for example, one of the most touching moments ever was when I watched Scrubs, the ending episode. I don't know why, but it was just so perfect, with the scenes of what the future holds and how they will keep in contact and stay friends. The way how they did it without words, with only music in the background, just touched me so much. It was just so beautiful.

And often, in romantic comedies or some teen movies, I get easily touched and let out an "Awww" when someone tells that he/she likes him/her, when the other one clearly has feelings during the whole movie too. Even though it has been clear throughout the movie that that certain scene would come.

So generally, if you know internet memes, I'm searching for "them feels" -moments so to say. Scenes that moved you and you seriously felt so much while you watched something!

Edited by Tenshinohana

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

I've seene people play the last of us. Which is a really touching game. And if you mean by story books like fanfics then that would be My little dashie.

I found the ending of Mass Effect 3 sad. I got emotionally invested into the games, and seeing her (my Shepard) die was kind of sad. Also, seeing Liara (my Shepard's lover) and the rest of the gang gather around Shepard's memorial thing, was touching.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I'll jump in with the same thing that I said over in the other thread that's sort of like this one (Mass Effect 3 spoilerz!):

It had to be Mordin Solus' death. He was one of my main squad members in Mass Effect 2, and seeing him sacrifice himself to uplift the species that he helped to damn was very touching. You even get the opportunity to argue with him at the very end, where, for the first time, he actually gets angry and yells "I made a MISTAKE!" Denying him the opportunity to right his wrongs and make peace with himself is probably the most dickish move you could possibly ever make. In the history of ever. I mean it.

• Brohoof 1

post-2067-0-50190200-1379574689.gif

Yeah.  Don't think I need to say any more than that.

Also, some moments from Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood...

-Nina and her dog

-Maes Hughes' funeral

-Hohenheim dying in the last episode of Brotherhood

• Brohoof 3

I could go on all day but I'll just stick withh the two that hit me the hardest Dust: An Elysian Tail and for Asura's Wrath had some of the most touching scenes to me personally. as I mentioned in another thread Quirky's not a crier but these scenes got me bawling especially dust's

the ending was pretty touching but not even close to this scene

I love how the last boss quick time events you back. Not really necessary but a VERY nice touch. I can't find just the end its self so If you don't give a shit about the boss fight just skip to 9:00

Edited by QuirkyUsername

I felt my stomach drop in this cut scene, towards the end....totally the most beautiful cut scene I've seen in a very long time...almost made me cry ^^;

WARNING THE CLIP DOES CONTAIN SOME EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE

(Click this link to Skip the stupid youtuber Intro <_< )

http://youtu.be/L7I3ILw_hqA?t=6s

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 1

There are many scenes that really touched me. But this one here is the only one that is so bittersweet... Especially because of the song.

The ending of "Philadelphia".

It still leaves me with a lump in my throat everytime I watch the movie.

Edited by Tender Voice

-Nina and her dog

Oh god... I remember that way too well! It was just so horrible and sad.... I even tear up right now when I think about it. And that tells alot. But it also tells that I love dogs way too much, and a owner-dog-love is just such a taboo for me ;__;

The one that comes to mind for me the most right now is the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2.

It was just very touching for me.

(ending spoiler)

After listening to all those audio tapes, especially the ones with him and his wife, and then you find out he's really you before they made you into Subject Sigma... oh man, that was a blow straight to the feels.

Edited by TheMangoPony

For context, I had never cried during a video game in my whole life. And then I played The Last of Us. I grew so attached to Joel and Ellie that I felt like I knew them. It was definitely the most expertly crafted, heartwarming story I had ever experienced. And yet, for about 95% of the game, I managed to keep my liquid pride bottled up.

And then I got to the ending. As soon as Joel uttered that famous line, "But it grows all over the brain", I started to cry like a baby. All at once, everything fell into perspective. Joel's character and motivations were shoved front and center. He flushed away his inner demons, and confronted his self, his past, and his future head-on.

He made a choice that I think sums up not only the game itself, but the meaning of life in general: What's the point in pushing for simple existence, if man does not have something to live for? You need to find something to live for, and live every day for that something. If you're just trudging through life, trying to see tomorrow, then you miss out on what makes life worth living.

And because of this, Joel decided that humanity could fend for itself. He had spent the last 20 years just trying to get by, and now that he had finally found something worth living for, he wasn't about to just let her die.

It's a powerful, albeit controversial message. But it's one that makes me tear up whenever I think about it.

Now, for some honorable mentions:

Toy Story 3, Fallout 3 (the original ending, not that Broken Steel shit), Fallout: Equestria (at several points), Babylon 5, Bigfish, Bioshock 1, Life is Beautiful, Gladiator, Gran Torino, and NOT My Little Dashie.  :mellow:  :umad: :comeatus:  B) 

• Brohoof 1

1. the anime, Clannad. pretty much all of the After Story. I cried 7 times.

(the time that was the saddest in a quote)

*spoilers*

"That was the first time... Daddy."

2. Mother 3 (teh ending)

3. To the Moon.

"On the moon, silly!"

4. Merlin. the ending. nuf said... :(

• 2 months later...

1. The end of Gladiator. *SPOILERS, mixed with internal crying*

2. Regenerations of the Doctor.

3. Honestly, when *SPOILER* dies in MW3. That was quite the sad moment.

4. When Twilight had to split from the Mane 5 in the S4 premiere.

5. When I am in ODST's main menu. I'm depressed by the music.

Edited by Twilight Sniper