Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of Spiders?

Codelyy

Spiders are like the best anti-fly appliance one could have. Seriously, there are like three spiders crawling around my room (just those some daddy-long-legs) but there are nearly never flies that are annoying me. I don't want a tarantula to crawl up my arm while I'm asleep, but in general I'm okay with spiders, even the bigger ones.

• Brohoof 2

Spiders are one of my greatest allies, the ones that live around us are relatively harmless and mostly just mind their own business. They sometimes attack me while I'm asleep, but it only just leaves a slight irritation like a mosquito got me.

They share a common enemy with me, the common house fly, the most annoying harmless insect we are plagued with year after year. Spiders are a great asset in fighting back. Truthfully, they can be pretty adorable too at times...

• Brohoof 3

Ok i do know that spiders are one of the best Killers and are good to have around the house but when i see one i get really scared 

I just think they look really creepy 

If you mean as a phobia, then no. If I see a spider, I'm gonna kill it, just in case it's poisonous. But to be honest, I just don't find them scary or creepy. Like, if I new a certain spider wasn't poisonous or dangerous in any other way, I'd have no problem handling it or even letting it crawl all over me.

The usual house spiders? Nah, they're small, slow, and usually die in one hit.

Then again, if some huge-ass, highly poisonous spider was right in front of me, I think that would be a good reason to be legitimately terrified. I think they look kinda cool though. :P

Besides, centipedes are like way scarier

I love spiders! I always feel bad for killing them (accidentally), and i always chastise everyone else for killing them around me, lol.

The only spiders i am afraid of are black widows and brown recluses, and any other highly poisonous spider that actually poses a threat to humans. Other spiders are harmless and good for decreasing fly and mosquito populations. I would even go as far as to say jumping spiders are cute.

Just look at that little face!  :wub:  d'awww

Jumping+Spider+Pictures3.jpg

Edited by crazitaco

Not in the slightest. I find them to be interesting creatures and I enjoy watching them crawl around. I just don't want them to crawl on me and I'd be scared if I saw a big one or a poisonous one.

To be honest, I thought I wasn't scared of spiders like that for example, the other day there was a little common garden spider about an inch long which was stuck in the bath. I let it outside as if it stayed in the bath, it would probably die. Though now when writing this post, I tried searching pictures of spiders to show what the spiders where I live are like and why I'm not that afraid of them. 

tumblr_ms5dvdHBam1sg8jd1o1_r1_500.gif

An accurate description of what I thought after typing "common house spider uk" into google images.

To be honest, I am absolutely disgusted by insects in general. I can barely even look at them without getting grossed out. I hate insects, lucky for me I don't live in South America.

I'm pretty much the same. Any insect enters my room, it dies. Usually by me flushing it down the toilet. A couple of times though a daddy long legs actually escaped from the toilet so I had to gas them with deodorant.

Now hate is a strong word. That's why I use it. Yep, I hate spiders. If it's outside in its own home, fine. I'll spare it my foot or what ever object I have access to. But if I catch one of those bastards in my house, I will go out of my way to remove it from existence. Or run away like a little girl, if I can't find anything to kill it with.

Spiders *Shudder* I pretty much hate insects, god they creep me out. The highest level being bees (dear god I hate them) the lowest being ants (I've always been okay with them) Spiders are somewhere in the mid to high range. I've always been afraid that it will be really poisonous or some shit and that I would die a slow painful death.

Depends on what we're talking about here. If we had a spider that's not too big, I'm cool with that. But if it was a tarantula that was hairy as hell, I'd be freaked out. Have you seen the bottom of those things? Their bones are sticking out. That right there makes me puke.

Let me  think about that.

Am I, a young college girl, frightened of an arachnid with eight eyes, eight hairy legs, a giant bulbous body, and, in certain cases, are inherently poisonous? Am I afraid of a creature who's homes stretch across door frames and tree branches, and when you walk through them, the carcasses of their food wind up in your hair and your mouth? Was I that certain girl who's obsession with going to Hogwarts was abruptly and permanently halted when I read Chamber of Secrets, and discovered that the surrounding lands housed a colony of the largest spiders imaginable? 

Why yes.

Yes I am.

Spiders. Are. Terrifying.

Edited by Klutzaboo
  • Brohoof 1

Ah me and spider, we get along for the most part. Now that I say that one is going to bite me..... anyway I don't really fear them, sure they are a bit creepy but most of the time when I do find them I leave them alone, they leave me alone.

oh and here is this....

post-16621-0-84920800-1379633635.jpg

Oh gosh, I'm absolutely terrified of spiders! I mean I don't really see them all that often, and whenever I do they're just the small ones, but still, they terrify me. ... Well, to be honest I'm scared of just about any insect really, but spiders are the worst. :(

Spiders are awesome! Except the poisonous ones. I've had a Daddy Longlegs walk on me before. It was pretty cool. Took a while to get him on me, since those things are freaking fast. But I haven't seen a Granddaddy Longlegs yet. 

Tarantulas are cool, which I could have one as a pet. Only pain is when it's not in the mood to be picked up, puts a risk of him biting. 

I am fond of spiders, they are fascinating creatures, and I admire the great contribution they create to the human race.

They eat insects and pests (I am very glad about their contribution with mosquitos), and in occassions, rodents.

I really do not try to harm spiders, really, I would only kill one with two factors in mind.

1.    Whether or not they are venomous.

2.    Their size.

Mostly, I am terrified by tarantulas and any arachnid larger than that, for just the thought of them crawling on me gives me the shivers.

I mostly dislike tarantulas, for imagining them crawling on me with the massive amount of hair they have.

And as long as the venomous spider contributes to the amount of insects/pests and is situated outside, I am perfectly fine with them.

I actually used to have a banana spider in my backyard.

She reduced the amount of mosquitos greatly.

Honestly, they scare the hell out of me. Something about the way they move. Or the way they have eight eyes. Or eight legs. Or how they liquify the insides of their prey before slurping them out... Actually that sounds awesome.

I don't hate spiders, hate is such a strong word I do dislike them as long as they're on me or near me. As long as I have the situation under control I like spiders. They are very interesting in my opinion, I think some are very cute and I would like to own one as a pet. I still don't really like the idea of them walking around my room, entering my mouth and etc. But some of the bugs they eat are actually worse, like those very small red ones I don't know their names. I prefer having a spider that eats them instead of those little red things entering my mouth.

img-1858045-1-red_mite_kelly.jpg

Spiders eat these I think, it's the same insect I think.

img-1858045-2-143586.jpg 

35293916.jpg

• Brohoof 1