Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of Spiders?

Codelyy

They're creepy buggers, but I don't have arachnophobia. I've seen some pretty big ones, but they almost never even make me shudder. They just startle me upon seeing them for the first second at the most. If I see a spider, I kill it. That's all there is to it.

Yesterday, we were removing the pool from my backyard, to give it to someone else. And of course, behind these pillars. there were a bunch of insects, and spiders.

So we started removing all this, and we had to grab the spider nests to remove them, there were spider climbing on us, xD

Well, I definitively don't fear spiders, unless they are tiny and have huge legs.

Yes, very much so! Well im scared of like everything, but still.

Especially the long legged ones, oh and I don't care if tarantulas are harmless they're freaky to me. I don't like how scary they look and they make me feel funny looking at them, much less having then walk on me.

I actually have a story that made me fear them more.

So one day I woke up(crazy right?) and I put on jeans.

I went about my day, and throughout my day I felt as if there was some kind of string or thread in my jeans.

I figured it normal since a lot of my pants have lose string. So I mostly ignored it.

Eventually I got home and went to put my pajamas on, and when I was going to pull the string in my pants off it fell out and into the floor, it was only a little spider, but omg it scared the crap out of me! I screamed like a little school girl. Needless to say I was pretty scared of spiders afterwards.

Um moral of the story, don't let spiders in your pants :P.

Anyways yeah I'm kinda scared of spiders I have worse fears, but I don't like them. I stay away from them if I can.

Of course I'm also basically afraid of every insect besides butterflies and dragonflies... And those are like the only two I can think of that I'm not afraid of.

Well I'm not afraid of gnats or flies, but they're annoying anyways...

I'm not irrationally scared of them like I am moths, but nevertheless I would never touch one, because they're still insectlike. I certainly am a bit scared of them, because they have a high potential of being venomous. Since I'm not knowledgeable on spiders, I assume they're all venomous and try to stay away from them.

Nah, not particularly. Unless it's a huge f***ing tarantula. I am scared of wasps however. Those nasty bugs exist purely for the sake of f***ing sh*t up. They're not there to pollinate. They're not there to feed on flowers. They're there just to destroy everything. Everytime I see one, I run as if my life depends on it.

I am very afraid of spiders, and they seem to be everywhere.  The most common spider to see in my house is called the "giant house spider" (a non-venomous lookalike of the venomous hobo spider, which coincidentally also lives around here).  There is a metric ton of orb weavers that live just outside that like lurking on my porch.  Inside, on the windows, it's not uncommon to see a little zebra jumping spider or two.  Then there are the cellar spiders that ironically live in my garage. 

I'm also very paranoid when it comes to spiders.  When I enter a room, I look at the ceiling and walls.  If spiders are mentioned, I look around again as if just thinking about them has caused one to appear.  In point of fact, I've glanced around this room more times while typing this post than I have the entire rest of the day.  If I see a spider, I literally cannot stop glancing at it until it's dead - once it's dead, I generally can't go into the room where it was for a while, and when I do go in I'm extremely jumpy.

So yes.  Spiders scare the bejeezus out of me.  Even seeing the word "spider" gives me goosebumps, and not in the good way.

EDIT:  There's one!  Not half an hour after posting, one of those creepy blighters is crawling across the floor like it owns the place.  I had a shoe handy.

Edited by Suzaku
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only terrified of small and huge spiders the medium sized ones I don't mind at all but the others scare me so much I panic and hide in my room...and if they are in my room I panic and hide outside. I was never scared of them till I seen the movie eight legged freaks though -_-

YES I AM. I swear, every time I see one of those things (and they're all over the place here right now) I cringe, and if one comes near me, I scream. They are the most terrifying things ever, and now I feel like there are spiders crawling on me while I write this. XD

Does this answer your question? img-1929073-1-smile.png  Not even nervous. As long as you don't try to grab them, they won't bite. This one's actually not even that venomous. It just looks nasty cause it's big and colourful. It's a golden orb weaver.

This is the Fluttershy side of me.

img-1929073-2-549704_507190869295850_245

For those of you who don't want to see it, I'm holding a pretty big spider in my hand.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

Very, very much so, they are horrifying creatures. A couple of weeks ago I had the grave misfortune to have one crawl on my face while I was in bed. I'm afraid of all insects, arachnids, or any such creatures. They very deeply disturb me.

@@Midnight Scribbler

On a thread like this do you think you could put pictures like that in a spoiler? It's very unsettling to scroll down and see that.

Why do people have to post pictures of spiders on a thread about arachnophobia? That's something that's always annoyed me, people who aren't afraid of them don't realise how upsetting it can be to even see a picture of one.

Edited by James
  • Brohoof 1

I actually like spiders and find them as one of the most interesting creatures ever. I used to make a whole lot of research about them. I used to know a lot about them, I still know a bit. However, when they are close to me, I freak out.

It's nothing about them, every little bug that crawls quickly on my body freaks me out. Fast moving little creatures always freak me out anyway and spiders are REALLY fast sometimes. They are also really sneaky too, for example they sometimes go down from a tree thanks to their webs like a ninja and land on my shoulder. Seriously, WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE WITH THAT?

Well, little things freak me out but big spiders are even worse. I don't know if I can ever pet a tarantula.

I find them interesting for many reasons, they have lots of eyes, lots of legs, they are just really interesting predators, that's all.

Edit: Oh I also sometimes feed them when I find their hideouts.

Edited by Smoke

Sorryderpy_emoticon2.png  I didn't think just a picture would bother someone.

Also, I'm sort of new here, I actually don't know how to set an image in a spoiler thing yet. If someone knows, I'd actually like to know how to :P

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

Sorryimg-1929805-1-derpy_emoticon2.png  I didn't think just a picture would bother someone.

Also, I'm sort of new here, I actually don't know how to set an image in a spoiler thing yet. If someone knows, I'd actually like to know how to tongue.png

That's okay, I know you didn't post it to purposefully bother anyone. Most people won't be bothered by a picture, but people have phobias to different degrees, I happen to be on the severe end of arachnophobia. And too many times have I seen someone post picture of spiders on threads like this because they thought it would be funny.

To put something in a spoiler all you have to do is type this without the space; [ spoiler]

, and put whatever you want to be in the spoiler in between the tags. Or you can click the Special BBCode button and pick 'spoiler' from the list.

Edited by James
  • Brohoof 1

Terrified of them, even the smallest ones. Not sure what it is about them but they scare me beyond belief. Certain species like tarantulas fascinate me to no end but I still would not dare get close to one. I only watch videos about those. :P I am weird like that.

That's okay, I know you didn't post it to purposefully bother anyone. Most people won't be bothered by a picture, but people have phobias to different degrees, I happen to be on the severe end of arachnophobia. And too many times have I seen someone post picture of spiders on threads like this because they thought it would be funny.

To put something in a spoiler all you have to do is type this without the space; [ spoiler]

, and put whatever you want to be in the spoiler in between the tags. Or you can click the Special BBCode button and pick 'spoiler' from the list.

Thanks for the help, I'll edit my post now. :P

But yeah, I really find bugs of all kinds interesting, I'll catch them to study the way their bodies look. I'm a visual artist, so it gives me ideas for designs of creatures and things. If you look at anime, a lot of their sci-fi vehicles are actually based on insect and arachnid structures.

• 4 years later...

Absolutely. I get tense even seeing the smallest spider on the window. I'll hard pass on them.

I had a guy at work pick up a wolf spider by the legs and throw it outside. I couldn't ever do it. Not even get close.

Not gonna lie. I am scared to death of spiders! Even the little ones are bad. The big nasty looking ones are horrible. I can't even look at pictures of them. My hands shake and I get really upset, even to the point of tears. :(