Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever gone to a brony convention?

Vaddix

If so, have you cosplayed there?

I have never been to a brony convention, but I hope to one day. The stories that fellow bronies tell, make me envious. I know that they'll be an amazing experience, and I can't wait to eventually attend one.

I've yet to attend any conventions, brony or non brony really. I have heard bronycon is quite a great experience, sure there are some crazy people there, but for the most part it sounds cool and enjoyable.

I do hope to go one time in the future, the stories are enough to make me interested, and being able to meet members from the forums here and such sounds awesome!

Of course, my parents would never in a million years let me go, not only due to costs, but because i'm a closet brony, and they wouldn't want me going to meet a bunch of "Pedophiles" on the internet >_>.

So yeah, i'll have to wait atleast until i move out, then when i have the money maybe i'll get to go...

Hopefully they still have bronycon by then...

• Brohoof 1

Nope; never been, but I would love to someday. I highly doubt I would be able to go there now though as I'm too young, and I don't have the money. There's never any relatively near my home anyway. And since I've never been to a convention before, I can't say I've ever cosplayed.

Hopefully they still have bronycon by then...

Hopefully...

• Brohoof 2

That kind of stinks that you'll have to wait, Zygen, but I do think there still be many Brony conventions to come, so I don't think you have to worry about that. I know some people talk about the decline of the fandom and such, but I think this fandom is a bit stronger than that, not to mention My Little Pony is one of those franchises that has a lot of potential to last, especially with multiple forms of media including a show, movies, toys, and games, not to mention the metric ton of fan content.

Regardless, I had made plans to go to Bronycon this year, but they fell through so it's looking like I'll either have to wait until next year's Bronycon or go to another convention. We'll see what happens.

I don't think I'll be cosplaying though. Not really my style. Not to say I'd never cosplay, but I don't think I could make very good costume to do so.

• Brohoof 1

I have yet to attend a brony convention as well, because I wouldn't want to just travel alone without some friends with me. I'm going to give the conventions a chance maybe after high school. ;)

Never been to a convention myself. I would like to go, but the problems I would have to face changes my mind rather quickly. Those problems are: money and people. I hate being around large groups of people, so it would be impossible to get me to go there. Money is also an issue as well. So, I'm out of luck.

That kind of stinks that you'll have to wait, Zygen, but I do think there still be many Brony conventions to come, so I don't think you have to worry about that. I know some people talk about the decline of the fandom and such, but I think this fandom is a bit stronger than that, not to mention My Little Pony is one of those franchises that has a lot of potential to last, especially with multiple forms of media including a show, movies, toys, and games, not to mention the metric ton of fan content.

Regardless, I had made plans to go to Bronycon this year, but they fell through so it's looking like I'll either have to wait until next year's Bronycon or go to another convention. We'll see what happens.

I don't think I'll be cosplaying though. Not really my style. Not to say I'd never cosplay, but I don't think I could make very good costume to do so.

Yeah, i guess, oh well, i can still screw around with y'all on the forums :D.

I guess your probably right, honestly i don't think the fandom is declining at all. If any very little.

Seriously people have been saying that since like 2010, Trust me i've seen comments from 2011 that say the fandom is dieing.

Well... I guess we must all be dead.

I think that must mean...

I"M A GHOST!

:P.

Anyways... Yeah i'm sure some type of bronycon will still be around, hopefully the people i want to meet will still be there is more along the lines of what i'm thinking i guess. And that i'm still in the fandom myself.

And that its just as fun hopefully.

I'm sure MLP will last for a good while though, i think it has the determined and awesome fanbase for it.

I'd probably stick around just to discuss random crap with y'all, even if the show no longer ran and nothing MLP related ever came out again.

But i do enjoy ponies, and i'm sure fan content will provide after the show has died out.

• Brohoof 2

I was lucky enough to attend B.U.C.K. just last month, and I can say without exaggeration that it was the best weekend of my life. The vast majority of bronies are truly the greatest people you could ever hope to meet.

The convention was very near where I lived and money wasn't an unworkable issue, so passing up the opportunity would have been criminal. I didn't cosplay, but some of the costumes that people make are truly amazing. I may try it next year as Discord... img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice for me to attend a bronycon, but I don't think that will happen considering costs of travel. And then there's the VISA issue for travel into the US. It's not worth a Bronycon, even if I really wanted to go. If I were lucky, a holiday near the bronycon area would really up my chances of going.

I would love to go to a convention. I would cosplay as Dr. Whooves. However, I would need a mask, just in case I get spotted by someone I know... and I would need to make up a back story about where I went that day, should my parents ask

I have never been to a convention for two huge reasons.  The first big reason is that there are none within my state (what gives Hoosier broines?), the second being I don't have the money to go to one.  Hopefully when I have a job and have some money under my belt, I'll finally be able to go to a convention somewhere, probably the Sweet Apple Acres Con in Nashville, Tennessee.  If anyone here knows of pony conventions in Indiana, please let me know.

I would love to go to one! and show off my Storm trooper MLP suit! but I can't! know why?! Because most of the time I work 7days a week, half the time its about a 15hour shift. yup from 6am to 9-10pm at night. So yeah I got all the money I need for it! but I can't get the time off I need for it..

I worry that most of the people I would meet at a brony convention would be much more dedicated, extremist enthusiasts than me. I'd probably feel largely uncomfortable at a place like that, especially with the noise and crowds.

• Brohoof 1

Yup! I went to two of them, both of them being BronyCon: Summer 2012 and 2013. They are by far some of the funnest weekends I ever had. Not only was everyone friendly, but they were very passionate, too. There was so much fantastic work and people all united under one roof due to liking the franchise. I expressed my thoughts on BronyCon 2013 in my blog here.

They are just too expensive and not enough to keep me entertained.

No argument on how expensive it can be (unless one's a commute away), but depending on what convention you go to, there may be a hell of a lot to be entertained. In BronyCon 2013, there was so much stuff to do, you had literally no time to do everything. You have the vendor hall, panels (big and small), BronyPalooza, autographs, and more.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

nope,but I have hosted a MLP panel at a furry con. This was way back when there had only been season 1 out.I wa there with a couple pegasisters, promoting a website "www.brony.org" 

Had a decent turn out for the panel.I'd pobably do it again....maybe.....I tend to not like being on stage in front of a crowd.....

Eeyup! I've been to BronyCon '12, Canterlot Gardens, BronyCon '13, Everfree Northwest '13, and BronyCAN. Don't think I'll be able to make it to BC or EFN next year as I'll be in Europe all summer/fall. sad.png

I'd recommend any brony go out of his or her way for a con if they have the means; it's quite an experience! You get quite a crowd and there's a little bit for everyone. Nothing to be particularly worried about either, as anything crazy tends to occur behind closed doors/under tables being the cons do like to keep a positive public image. Even if you're shy, you won't be the only one, haha.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 1

Never been to one. Probably never will go to one. Lack of funds, no proper means of transportation, and I am incredibly anti-social and socially awkward. Plus I would just feel vastly inferior to pretty much everyone around me at the convention and I don't handle huge crowds very well. It just would not be a pleasant experience in the long run, as much as I wish it could be.

Edited by Kyoshi

No I have not, however I really really REALLY wish to go to bronycon, its like super awesome.

How I were able to watch the cons, I just put the con livestreams up onto my livestreams webpage and just watched them xD

But yeah, answer is no, but I sure want to :/

Reasons are many: For one, I can't afford transportation to take me there; and second, I can't afford the con itself.

Edited by ~Luna Squee~
  • Brohoof 1