Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming YouTube Gaming help

Broneteer

So I mentioned this in my "Welcoming hall" post, I have a YouTube channel which I made with the original intention of doing a variety of gaming. I've been told by multiple people that I make good content, and not just friends that I already knew. People who found my channel who I don't even know have told me my content is excellent. It's all fine and dandy that I can make the good content without over thinking it, but I'm having a problem getting new viewers in the first place. Any advice or support would be really appreciated. My channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/TheBroneteer. (btw I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong area)

Well it is kinda like artist, all you can really do is get yourself known. Self promote yourself at every opportunity, make enough noise and people  will start noticing.
I do not know how well this applies to videos but with art, what people do is comment on as much stuff as possible and people will start noticing them and then seeing their shit. It might work for vids as well 

Well it is kinda like artist, all you can really do is get yourself known. Self promote yourself at every opportunity, make enough noise and people  will start noticing.

I do not know how well this applies to videos but with art, what people do is comment on as much stuff as possible and people will start noticing them and then seeing their shit. It might work for vids as well 

It works differently with videos from what I've observed. Anyone who tries to advertise themselves in comments, being as polite as possible, almost always get a plethora of negative votes and replies.

*EDIT Either way it's 3:30 am and i need to get some sleep.

Edited by The Broneteer

As someone who does Let's Plays and such myself, a few tips.

First off, as stated above, do not, under any circumstances, advertise on other youtube channels. Other forums, such as reddit and twitter are more acceptable, but the community as a whole frowns on hi-jacking other peoples videos for your own advertisements. And it just comes across as douchey no matter how polite and copy-paste your advert is.

Views: Expect to get 1-5% of your total subs viewing a given video series. This is pretty normal and there is little you can do about it. Not every video will appeal to every one of your subs. In a related note, if a video has no views after several days, it is best to cut your loses with that series, if it is a series. This can suck, but as a small channel, your main focus beyond having fun is playing to what your viewers want. Ask them what they want to see.

Getting Subs:

This is...tricky. I personally, do zero advertising myself, and have just been letting them come to me naturally. A good way is ask people to rate your videos, as this pushes them higher youtube's search relevancy returns. Don't make it a huge to-do, maybe a simple "Please leave a rating!" at the end of a video or even in the description. If you feel you MUST advertise, as I mentioned above hit Twitter, Reddit, various gaming forums (related to what you are playing, of course) and such. There really is no perfect formula to this and it's trial and error. Just to make an example, I had maybe, 5-10 subscribers when I started my Summoner 2 series, by the time it ended, that series alone had earned me more than all my other videos combined totaling some 60-70 subs. It really is just a lot of luck.

On that note, just keep having fun, and people will find you if your content is good. Just remember, the keyword for fledgling youtubers is "Patience."