Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite Race and Class in RPG-Games

Commissar Alexer

We all know about those Roleplaying Games where you chose a Race and Class, like Skyrim, Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter NIghts and many others.

But my question is, what is your favourite race? Humans? Elfs? Dwarves? Or something more exotic?

And what's your preferred Role? The heavy-armed Fighter? The dexterous Ranger or Thief? The wise and poweful Mage? Or do you perhaps prefer to mix them all instead of chosing one defined role?

I myself have always chosen the humans, regardless how weak or underpowered they are and for the class, well...in the past i often took the paladin but now i more then often chose a mage now.

So, how about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

I always tend to go towards magicians for me as I have the right skills to master one.

Artwork_Magician_1M.png

Magicians have a lot up their sleeves when it comes to abilities, powers, and equipment, along with being overall great in terms of the right teamwork and intelligence.

Magicians are always a must for parties due to their healing, buff power or defenses, and support!

Everything that doesn't need to use magic to survive or to sneak around. So technically a character like Orcs from The Elder Scrolls.

You rush in.

With a hammer.

A big one.

And what's still standing after the first hit...

Gets a second one.

And so on...

Very dull, I know. But it's also some kind of fun to just rely on that.

smBFJw8.jpg

I like being a Pooka in DnD. It's not a very common race plus the characteristics and personality of Pookas add a lot of uniqueness to the campaign and the party, there's never really a dull moment with a Pooka. They're rather in the middle in terms of power, however, they're not build for jumping into the danger, swinging his warhammer around like a maniac.

Outside of DnD? There's not favorite race I have, I like all of them, mainly because I like roleplaying and I don't really care about PvP or making efficient classes.

As for class, I don't have a favorite one. I can play everything I want and I like them all equally. Be it a Barbarian that likes to throw his enemies into windows, doors and walls or a Bard that sings magical songs to support his teammates.

I think the reason why I don't have a favorite class is because I've learned to play with every type of class in games such as Baldur's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil and Icewind Dale. I like them all and I also like to roleplay them, even if the game is just singleplayer.

I loved the Final Fantasy Tactics series. They had the very interesting races, with a large selection of different jobs for that race for a lot of variety. Even though I loved the human jobs a lot,  loved the cute design of the Moogles, the versatility of the Gria, and the tactical magical strength of the Viera. I still love the Bangaa race the best. They have formidable strength, and can have great magic potential. 

Baby_Bangaa_Dragoon_by_trestaure.png

• Brohoof 1

This is a hard choice.

I typically play Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy, so I'm inclined to say Human Imperial Psyker. Then I build him up to use Pyromancy, then give him an Autogun and a sheathed mono-edged sword for good measure.

No heretic or space elf can stand up to that awesome.

Nice topic.  Thought-provoking and original.

My favorite class HAS to be Elven Mages.  I like most things elven, but being a mage is just amazing.  Long range and lots of power.

Aside from that, I also like Elf Archer and Elf Thief.  Like I said^^ most things elven. :)

In Oblivion I played as an argonian who wore heavy armor, used a sword for melee combat, but did spells for most things, including blasting opponents till they closed into melee combat range.  

In D & D I like doing a mix of a fighter type and arcane type.

I don't really play a lot of games that allow you to choose classes so much as give you an assortment of characters of a bunch of classes so you never really have to choose so that's not really my thing.

As for races, I anything that's not exactly like humans in every way but looks. In most games that have "other races" they are simply humans on a different social class level. There's nothing unique about them. At least races like Moogles can get by on their adorable looks somewhat...

Edited by Discordian

I like being the weird races...or humans, they work too. In Skyrim, my character was an Argonian archer. He was specialized in a lot of thief skills. He was an Archer, and I remember using poison arrows on my fire bow. Good times! 

I tend to like to be a long range user of some sort. I usually go Human, unless I find a weird race like the Argonians the intrigue me. I never really go mage, usually warrior or thief. 

I dunno, I tend to go for characters that are sword-oriented more often than not, or perhaps lances when they're available in a game. Magic based stuff can be fun sometimes too depending on the game's mechanics with it.

Now For me this all depends on how I intend to play the late game. If it is a solo rpg and I know I'm not gunna be in a party system. I love the shadows and daggers are my best friends most of the time.

But on the other hand if I know im going to be with other people, I chose one of the hardest jobs in the world the healer. Any class that heals, people have a serious misconception on how hard this role can be.  Just because you are not technically in the fight people think there is hardly any pressure on you. Oh how wrong they are.

As for race anything Heavenly. Such as angels, Elves or Sprites

I love elves for some reason.

In my skyrim I always pick elves basically of all my like 5-6 charactors 4-5 of them are elves.

One small reason for why I like them is actually due to the fact my ears use to have a slight point in them(I guess they may somewhat have them still) from when i fell and accidentally chipped a part off.

Seeing that pointy ear on elves made me like them more.

Besides, idk I just like how they look.

As for classes, my favorite is always the Mage, or whatever magic user. I've always been one to love magic and arcane arts and the such, I just find it very interesting and fun. And it makes me feel so powerful, plus magic is just intriguing and fun and always has lots of various different interesting and useful(aswell as not so useful) spells.

While I don't mind playing a warrior a rouge or a ranged archer or whatever, I just always have had a preference for magic.

Which is also true with me and why I like unicorns the best out of the pony races.

So yeah, elven mage here :)

I suppose I should be a little on-topic and not contrary. laugh.png

When I play games like Skyrim I almost always go stealthy and transitioning into full-on melee fighter. I tend to tank. I like to use my face as a shield but with just enough agility to dodge if I need to.

For this reason mage types don't go well with me unless it's like a spellsword.

Dunno about you guys, but I'm not a fan of fantasy-themed games.

In terms of sci-fi, I like being human. It makes everything a ton more tense when you have hostile extraterrestrial life forms racing at you, and all that stands between you and annihilation is some sort of gun in yer hands.

Well last mmo i play was Final Fanasty XI online I went with Hume ( basic character class with balanced stats) and didnt know what class to use but ended up with Dark Knight Class as main(strongest class that used basic black magic and higher dark magic but had weak defence) thats the way i usualy go balanced race so i dont have horrible gimped stats tring a new class

Race-wise, I dig elves, specifically the Wood Elves from The Elder Scrolls.

Class-wise I'm mostly an archer. Because I play TES mainly, though, I work with plenty of different aspects of various classes. Like, I really like to use thief-like skills and healing magic and sometimes swords.

I choose dwarves every time when it's possible. I like to play as a warrior with overly big sword/hammer/axe and heavy armor and in combat I always just run into enemies swinging my weapon like I've gone crazy (maybe I did? happy.png ). Also overall I like dwarves. Gimli was awesome, dwarves from The Witcher well awesome, all the dwarves are awesome. That sentence cannot be questioned. But if there aren't any dwarves I just play as a human. 

I love ranged characters, along with a bit of magic here and there, so an elven ranger/archer is usually my go-to type of character. I've never taken a liking to humans though...

Edited by Golden EverFree

Well Final Fantasy XI Online is What I play the Most so The Race and Job Class I liked was a Female Tarutaru race and a Summoner, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, Paladin, and Samurai Job Classes, but Once I get back into the game with Seekers expansion, then Rune Fencer would be my next favorite Job Class.

As for all other Games, Well Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, I always liked the moogles, but The Jobs I prefer best on them was Mog Knight and a Gunner. Nu Mous is also one of my favorites, I liked the race as well, but Sage Class is What I Prefer Best.

Maple Story, Well I prefer playing as a Mage Class such as Evan, Luminous, Ice/Lightning, and a Healer. The Other Classes, well I play as Archer class as well, but after the change happened, I prefer playing as Wind Archer, and Mercedes. Angelic Buster, Aran, and Hayato (or I would like to Say Samurai Class) are the exception as well.

The Elder Scrolls games? Well I've played daggerfall and Oblivion before, but I prefer playing as Dark Elf before. In daggerfall, There was a custom class that was created by my brother and played as that class and that custom class was Paladin. Oblivion is what I liked best, but I chose the same race and a different class from before which I've chose Spellsword as my Class.

Overall favorite race? Right now that would be the Lalafell. I've always liked the shorter races (except for dwarves, too stout, and gnomes, huge schnoz). I can't resist the shorties. 

post-11395-0-96777500-1379865665_thumb.jpg

Still, I sometimes go with the humans. In Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, I played clavat mostly and my favorite race in Final Fantasy Tactics were the humans though I still like the lilties and moogles a lot.

When I'm playing solo, I usually go with a more stealth based role, mostly because the fragility of the character makes the gameplay more interesting. That or I play a dragoon or something just because of my love for spears and naginatas and such. In group play I usually play a more support based role, usually the healer, and it's not because I like to heal per se but because I get that "If I don't do it, who will?" feel. Still, I don't hate being the healer.