Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC Dumps

Pop

Hey! Check out my awesome OC guys! I put all my effort, donated my organs and used dark magic to create this impeccable being of awesome perfection of awesomeness!

gbyt.png

Its name is RAINBOW DASH. No relation to Rainbow Dash.

Has the power of a thousand suns and its waifu is everything.

AND THIS ISN'T EVEN ITS FINAL FORM!!

(Totally not a rip-off or homage to something - hundred percent original with no inspiration)

Oh, and I made another one because I have no life... this one suck because it isn't as blindingly awesome as the first.

j6v2.png

Her name is Tinker Plot Spot. Because she likes to Tinker with things. And she's a Tinker horse. Get it? Cuz, her talent's Tinkering and... she's a Tinker horse, so uh...

GO BACK AND MARRY THE OC ABOVE

Man I'm so dumb with these jokes...

• Brohoof 6

LOL

Nicely done mate! Though top one is indeed epic in every way, I wouldn't say I'd marry it. ;) Nonetheless it's hilarious! :P

The second one is just really adorable! :3

Great job overall! :)

• Brohoof 1

Second one is really cute. I really love the design. 

First one, unfortunately, I have to say is very Mary Sue and OP (overpowered)

Has the power of a thousand suns and its waifu is everything.

Sorry to be so hard on you but, that OC cannot go in any roleplay. That's the truth.  

Oh and one more thing (applies to second)

dat.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Second one is really cute. I really love the design. 

Sorry to be so hard on you but, that OC cannot go in any roleplay. That's the truth. 

I think that's the reason they made it, just for the sake of being a Mary Sue. (If they were being serious when they made it I'm gonna feel like an asshole... )

• Brohoof 1

Well, the art is really good, and you seem to have got the proportions down pat. The expression in the first one is really funny as well, and it goes well with the satirical theme of your first drawing. So overall, both art pieces are very good. I'll look at each one individually now though.

Okay, Rainbow Dash does its intended purpose well, which is to be a Mary Sue for humorous purposes. I got a good laugh out of it, and I love the expression you gave him. He kind of reminds me of Snowflake (steroid pony from show) in a good way.

The second one is really cute. At least, I think so. I love the glasses (so cute *squees), and the tinkering theme is unique. The screwdriver in her mouth is a nice touch as well, and that, along with her expression, gives the impression that she is very focused when it comes to tinkering. However, I have a quick question: are those gray spots part of her fur, or just stains from tinkering. If they are just stains; I like that. It's interesting and unique, and it adds to the tinkering theme of her. If they are actually her fur, I suggest making them stains instead, or doing something else. It looks kinda weird to have a multicolored coat on a pony, and the splotch on her face crowds her face. But other than that, great job with this OC as well.

Thanks for the warm comments, guys - Really appreciate it!

Just to clarify so that nobody gets the wrong idea here, RAINBOW DASH (note the caps!) is a homage to the #1OC in the RP character database. Honestly if you thought my thing was funny then clearly you haven't checked that awesomeness out yet. Or maybe you did.

Also, some silly replies to some posts.

9qum.png

RAINBOW DASH IS THE ENTIRE COSMOS THUS IT CAN ROLEPLAY IN ANYTHING IT WANTS

It looks kinda weird to have a multicolored coat on a pony, and the splotch on her face crowds her face.

2rca.png

• Brohoof 2

This video describes what I've got to say about this, it's the honest truth...

Doesn't bother me one bit. Not to be trolling but it's the truth.  

2rca.png

You'd think nobody had seen a Tinker Cob before. Well done. It's nice to see some in addition to Pipsqueak.

Personally, I'd say she would do well with a decorative feather or two in her hair. (Since Tinker Cobs are known for their dramatic feathering, but that looks weird on mares in the MLP:FiM art-style.) smile.png 

You'd think nobody had seen a Tinker Cob before. Well done. It's nice to see some in addition to Pipsqueak.

Well, technically, Pipsqueak isn't a Tinker Cob; he's a Pinto. 

Thanks for the warm comments, guys - Really appreciate it!

Just to clarify so that nobody gets the wrong idea here, RAINBOW DASH (note the caps!) is a homage to the #1OC in the RP character database. Honestly if you thought my thing was funny then clearly you haven't checked that awesomeness out yet. Or maybe you did.

Also, some silly replies to some posts.

img-1867965-1-9qum.png

img-1867965-2-2rca.png

Great, now I feel bad about what I said. She's so cute! Please forgive me.

Anyway, that drawing makes the spots look much better, and I guess it was just the pose in the last one that made it look a bit weird. I had never heard of a Tinker Cob before, so you'll have to forgive me on that one. Anyway, the OC looks great, and is very cute. Nice job! :)

Well, technically, Pipsqueak isn't a Tinker Cob; he's a Pinto. 

Technically, Pinto isn't a breed, it's a coat color that can appear in a wide variety of breeds. Tinker Cobs, also known as Gypsy Cobs, are often Pinto but do show with solid coloring as well. The Pinto Horse Association of America is attempting to change the designation by only considering any horse registered with them as a true 'Pinto' and encouraging breeding only within their registry, but there are about two dozen other Pinto registries around the world who dispute that claim and register any horse with the Pinto coloring regardless of bloodline. Plus there's the Painted Horse, which has Pinto coloring but has to be traceable back to a Pinto-colored Quarterhorse or Thoroughbred to count as a Paint.

Given Pipsqueak's accent, he likely wouldn't use the term Pinto anyway, as in the British Commonwealth that patterning is simply called 'Coloured'. Which wouldn't be used in the show as that has other connotations in America, of course. smile.png  

Why yes, we have a Pinto horse. Why do you ask? blink.png

Technically, Pinto isn't a breed, it's a coat color that can appear in a wide variety of breeds. Tinker Cobs, also known as Gypsy Cobs, are often Pinto but do show with solid coloring as well. The Pinto Horse Association of America is attempting to change the designation by only considering any horse registered with them as a true 'Pinto' and encouraging breeding only within their registry, but there are about two dozen other Pinto registries around the world who dispute that claim and register any horse with the Pinto coloring regardless of bloodline. Plus there's the Painted Horse, which has Pinto coloring but has to be traceable back to a Pinto-colored Quarterhorse or Thoroughbred to count as a Paint.

Given Pipsqueak's accent, he likely wouldn't use the term Pinto anyway, as in the British Commonwealth that patterning is simply called 'Coloured'. Which wouldn't be used in the show as that has other connotations in America, of course. smile.png  

Why yes, we have a Pinto horse. Why do you ask? blink.png

Oh, okay. Thanks for informing me on the subject of pintos and Tinker Cobs. I'm not really well-educated on horses. Please forgive me.

Oh, okay. Thanks for informing me on the subject of pintos and Tinker Cobs. I'm not really well-educated on horses. Please forgive me.

Oh, no problem whatsoever. biggrin.png  It's not something I expect anyone else to know, which is why I did the post. Just to inform.

Horse terminology is awfully messy sometimes, and it gets pretty confusing unless you're dealing with it on a regular basis. yay.png

• Brohoof 1

I thought the term for a horse's spotted pattern was tobiano. But I can't argue with someone who actually owns a horse!

Anywho... A little update for anyone who gives a pegasus dung

Looking back, I really hated the lack of color and overall design so here's a quick makeover. Also switched my style to a more "comfortable" level that feels more natural to me. I felt like the previous design was trying to emulate the show's style a little too much. This one's more typical anime-ish. I guess.

I took the feathering into consideration. But considering how that looks stupid in real life (Apologies to every Tinker horse!), I can't imagine it would look too dandy with my awful skills. The best I could do is make the hair look... feathery? I don't know. Man, do you people have any idea how limited it can be on designing horses?!

Anyway, here's the makeover! Now with super bunny ears!

nuyh.png

Tinker Spot: Typical abused orphan with generic Mary Sue traits. Is really weird. RAINBOW DASH is better

And another OC just because.

2n04.png

His name is Nimrod. His cutie mark is original and legit and totally not a fake. And he's TOTALLY bright and awesome with magic.

Now to go be nerdy and dink around in the Roleplay forums. Obviously joining in with RAINBOW DASH.

• Brohoof 1

I thought the term for a horse's spotted pattern was tobiano. But I can't argue with someone who actually owns a horse!

It is, sorta. blink.png  Told you this was confusing. smile.png

Tobiano is a specific type of Pinto mottling, along with overo, sabino, and tovero. Tinker Spot is definately of the tovero pattern. The large amount of pale coloring, with the pale legs and the pale area crossing the topline (the back) is tobiano, but tobianos have dark faces with only 'normal' blazes running symetrically on the face. The irregular pale splash accross the face is part of the overo pattern. Both patterns are genetic, and when you have more than one genetic type of Pinto going on at the same time, it's called 'tovero'.

As part of those one or two horse associations wanting to redefine 'pinto' as a breed rather than a coloring, they've been working on getting Overo redifined to be the coloring, with 'frame overo' (formerly just overo), 'splash overo' (formerly sabino), and tobiano as the three main coat patterns, as well as using sabino for any non-pinto horses with that kind of coloring. So a lot of reference sources are a bit messed up as they're in the process of converting from one usage to another, or not, and everyone's getting a bit lost in confusion.