Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here on the forum a parent?

Zygen

Now I know there are adults here, and teens and the such like myself.

However as long as I've been here I can't say I know of any people off the top of my head who are parents. Or if any are here even.

I'm just curious frankly. Since i don't know if there are any at all. But regardless maybe if you are here I'll know your a parent after this thread :P.

There's not much reason besides curiosity for this really, so yeah.

Are you a parent? And if you are feel free to talk about whatever pertains to parenting I guess that you feel comfortable discussing. Maybe how parenting is, if you like it, what's the hardest part, how many kids you have, and how old they are. Whatever :P.

I guess if your expecting you can also count that.

If your not a parent, well then idk, either ignore the thread or um idk I guess as long as it isn't going to cause any issues talk about whatever without straying the topic to if pigs can fly or something...

Again just curious but yeah.

Hopefully I don't make this only to feel dumb and get 0 people who are parents posting.

Oh well, I tried :P.

Ps. (I am 16 in case anyone doesn't know and is curious. I do plan to be a parent in the future though.)

• Brohoof 6

I may not be a parent but having a little sister which isn't that little anymore is similar I guess. The hardest part is probably just entering shops, kids want everything so you'll need the cash. Yeah, I don't know much about parenting, all I know is a lot of people are doing it wrong but when done right I guess it can be a fun experience.

• Brohoof 1

Just think of it like this: most of us will be parents sometime during our lifetime. The time left before being a parent is different for all of us, and maybe even unexpected. But so far, I am not a parent. So I'll have to say no for now.

• Brohoof 1

I may not be a parent but having a little sister which isn't that little anymore is similar I guess. The hardest part is probably just entering shops, kids want everything so you'll need the cash. Yeah, I don't know much about parenting, all I know is a lot of people are doing it wrong but when done right I guess it can be a fun experience.

Well I suppose it has it's similarities, it's not the same as flat out raising a child, but I can understand simularities.

I guess entering shops can be hard, unless you are strong enough to tell them no, and not let them buy everything, kids are pretty impulsive after all.

I know nothing about parenting really, but hopefully I learn it either through experience, or somehow beforehand.

A lot of parents do not parent correctly true, or just don't care at all, but I guess some try and are just not sure how to teach their kids correctly.

I think its one of those things you sometimes don't like, but deep down love, Atleast if you truly like it in the first place.

Maybe i just enjoy the idea, or am just passionate about things I do.

• Brohoof 1

Nope not yet, I would like to be a father someday but I got a lot of things to sort out first. As I get older I start to think about this sort of thing more and more, I remember having a fairly close family when I was a kid and I miss that.

• Brohoof 1

Just think of it like this: most of us will be parents sometime during our lifetime. The time left before being a parent is different for all of us, and maybe even unexpected. But so far, I am not a parent. So I'll have to say no for now.

I suppose, although marriage rates have gone down so who knows.

Not everyone wants to be a parent, which is fine. Whatever makes you happy! :).

I personally want to however, whether I will get the oppertunity is another story, but I do hope that I shall.

I guess the time is hard to say exactly.

However I don't think having a child will be an unexpected thing or should be, I suppose though it's more likely for females to have to deal with unexpectedly becoming parents, otherwise I feel it should be a well thought over thing only done when prepared.

Just my thoughts of course.

But I understand what your getting at.

I'm not one either, but when I am out of college I hope I can have one, well actually Atleast two :P.

One can dream :P, who knows what'll happen, I may never even end up finding anyone willing to marry me.

Hopefully that's just my self pitty speaking.

I'm not not necessarily a parent of my own children since that is in the realm of impossibility, but I have two younger brothers who I feel like a parent to sometimes. They idolize me, which I don't encourage. I kind of feel like a dad to them every now and then.

Nope not yet, I would like to be a father someday but I got a lot of things to sort out first. As I get older I start to think about this sort of thing more and more, I remember having a fairly close family when I was a kid and I miss that.

Yeah, I mean I want to be one, but I'm only 16 and I'm pretty sure that it's to early to be getting someone pregnant :P.

Taking care of a child in highschool Is to much work, I plan on waiting till Atleast after me and my wife are finished with our education, then when we are ready well have a child.

I've recently just had children and parents on my mind, it's been the topic of my thought lately I guess :P.

My family is odd now, I mean my parents are divorced, so yeah, sometimes we're ok, but I wouldn't say I have a super close family.

But I don't wanna derail things off topic to much :P.

I'm not not necessarily a parent of my own children since that is in the realm of impossibility, but I have two younger brothers who I feel like a parent to sometimes. They idolize me, which I don't encourage. I kind of feel like a dad to them every now and then.

Hey don't sell yourself out, you never know! Don't be down on yourself so much! Your just as capable and awesome a person as anyone else here!

Anyways, yeah little siblings seem to look up to their older siblings pretty commonly, even mine does to an extent.

I remember doing so with my older cousin for a while even. And my little cousin does it to.

I'm sure you are not nearly as bad as you make yourself out to be, and of you wanted could be an awesome father!

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently twenty. I'm not a parent, and don't expect to be one soon. Growing up, I never had a father, so, if I become one, I'm going to make sure I give my offspring the chance that I never had. I've decided that if I have a daughter, I'd name her Twilight Sparkle because she'd become the most magical thing in my life.

Of course, that's not going to happen till I'm at least twenty-five. I'm enjoying the time right now, and I know once I have a child, things won't be the same again.

• Brohoof 3

Nope, I'm not a parent right now. I'm way too young, and I have a lot of things to do and learn in my life before I become one. II'm not ready, and it would be near impossible for me. Plus, I'm still in school, and I imagine it would be very hard for me to squeeze in parenting with school. So, I don't think I'll be a parent anytime soon, but I would like to be one in the future, and I plan on becoming one then. But for now, no.

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently twenty. I'm not a parent, and don't expect to be one soon. Growing up, I never had a father, so, if I become one, I'm going to make sure I give my offspring the chance that I never had. I've decided that if I have a daughter, I'd name her Twilight Sparkle because she'd become the most magical thing in my life.

Of course, that's not going to happen till I'm at least twenty-five. I'm enjoying the time right now, and I know once I have a child, things won't be the same again.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear, I didn't mean to resurface any painful memories. Sorry.

It is very kind and thoughtful of you to be so dedicated to your own offspring if you plan on having any though. I think you could be a good father if you wanted due to that.

That's true, like i said I'm waiting till I'm done with my education, which could be till I'm in like my 25-26 or so years, depending.

Plus I have to find someone crazy enough to marry me, and that I love back.

Not to mention have kids, multiple ones, with me.

I guess being 16 I should enjoy my time, I'm not really in a hurry to grow up anyways, I think time is going to fast for me to feel as I'm ready for growing up anyways.

And yeah, it probaly won't be the same, not nessarily in a bad way, but it won't be totally the same, as it requires love and dedication.(and a strong stomach :P).

Good luck in the future if you have kids btw!

Nope, I'm not a parent right now. I'm way too young, and I have a lot of things to do and learn in my life before I become one. II'm not ready, and it would be near impossible for me. Plus, I'm still in school, and I imagine it would be very hard for me to squeeze in parenting with school. So, I don't think I'll be a parent anytime soon, but I would like to be one in the future, and I plan on becoming one then. But for now, no.

Yeah I'm only 16 I'm kinda young to be a parent.

Beside being a Christian and just as far as my beliefs in general go really I don't plan on doing anything till marriage, much less have children.

I need to learn and mature more before I can become a parent, plus I have zero knowledge almost on the subject.

Parenting while in school seems impossible to me, we had a girl who's pregnant in our highschool and she's like 16. How she will deal with that along with highschool idk...

I'm waiting till after college(definately after highschool Atleast) to have children.

And besides I've yet to date anyone, much less marry and have children with them.

In the future when my time comes I'd like to be one though, I think it'll be a good experience, even if it'll be hard sometimes.

Hopefully i can be a father someday.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, no. You didn't resurface any memories. I never grew up with him, so I don't know him. He's not my father, then. 

Nine to ten years to finish your education? Dear sir, what do you plan on doing?

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I'm sorry to hear, I didn't mean to resurface any painful memories. Sorry.

It is very kind and thoughtful of you to be so dedicated to your own offspring if you plan on having any though. I think you could be a good father if you wanted due to that.

That's true, like i said I'm waiting till I'm done with my education, which could be till I'm in like my 25-26 or so years, depending.

Plus I have to find someone crazy enough to marry me, and that I love back.

Not to mention have kids, multiple ones, with me.

I guess being 16 I should enjoy my time, I'm not really in a hurry to grow up anyways, I think time is going to fast for me to feel as I'm ready for growing up anyways.

And yeah, it probaly won't be the same, not nessarily in a bad way, but it won't be totally the same, as it requires love and dedication.(and a strong stomach tongue.png).

Good luck in the future if you have kids btw!

Yeah I'm only 16 I'm kinda young to be a parent.

Beside being a Christian and just as far as my beliefs in general go really I don't plan on doing anything till marriage, much less have children.

I need to learn and mature more before I can become a parent, plus I have zero knowledge almost on the subject.

Parenting while in school seems impossible to me, we had a girl who's pregnant in our highschool and she's like 16. How she will deal with that along with highschool idk...

I'm waiting till after college(definately after highschool Atleast) to have children.

And besides I've yet to date anyone, much less marry and have children with them.

In the future when my time comes I'd like to be one though, I think it'll be a good experience, even if it'll be hard sometimes.

Hopefully i can be a father someday.

Yeah, I believe in waiting until marriage as well, so that's probably what's going to happen. I'll definitely be waiting to after high school too, and I still need to actually meet someone. So, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, no. You didn't resurface any memories. I never grew up with him, so I don't know him. He's not my father, then.

Nine to ten years to finish your education? Dear sir, what do you plan on doing?

Well I'm finishing highschool, then going to college hopefully.

I think I may have the years wrong, but frankly I don't exactly know what I'm doing yet, so yeah, gotta give a good window of time xD.

I also have to find someone who I love and loves me back, which may take awhile, and have her finish her education and get to a point she feels ready to have kids.

But honestly I dunno what I want to do exactly, thought about something to do with computers , but even then I'm not totally sure.

And yet were already starting to be expected to know exactly what we want to do in highschool, feels so stressful. And I'm just a sophomore.. :/

Anyways enough complaining about me not ready for life yet :P.

And ok, good to hear I didn't bring up anything, i was just worried you may get bad feelings from it.

Sorry to hear though, good luck doing better then your father with your children!

Yeah, I believe in waiting until marriage as well, so that's probably what's going to happen. I'll definitely be waiting to after high school too, and I still need to actually meet someone. So, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Yeah, I just believe in it for multiple reasons, partly being a Christian, but even if I wasn't I'd hold the same beliefs.

I don't think I'm gonna have any trouble having not dated anyone even yet :P.

I will try and get most of my education out of the way including college, or try to find a year I can afford to go to class less hours.

Regardless I would prefer starting after my education finishes, which since I most likely won't be even getting married till after college if at all I don't think it'll be hard.

Yay we agree :D

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I've decided that if I have a daughter, I'd name her Twilight Sparkle because she'd become the most magical thing in my life.

Same here. Or at least I'll make Twilight her middle name. Maybe Fluttershy will work better. Hmm... I honestly don't know, but there shall be ponies!

Edited by Dark Horn
  • Brohoof 1

Same here. Or at least I'll make Twilight her middle name. Maybe Fluttershy will work better. Hmm... I honestly don't know, but there shall be ponies!

I have no idea what exactly I shall name my child. But I dunno if i really want to name them after a pony, at most maybe a middle name, but eh.

Whatever works in your eyes, as long as you don't think it'll cause them any big teasing issues.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea what exactly I shall name my child. But I dunno if i really want to name them after a pony, at most maybe a middle name, but eh.

Whatever works in your eyes, as long as you don't think it'll cause them any big teasing issues.

FiM will probably, unfortunately be all but forgotten by the time I decide to have a daughter. Well, hopefully not. But probably so. So I doubt teasing issues. Besides, she shall also learn Brazilian jiu-jitsu, fencing, boxing, and muffin baking! derpy_emoticon1.png

Dunno if this really counts, but my fiance is a member (though she's pretty much inactive) and has a five year old daughter, and two year old son. Soooo, I guess after we eventually marry, I'll be a step-parent. :P

Well, she doesn't even have had to have been a member, but regardless so far your the closest!

I forgot to mention step parents, oddly enough even as I have a stepfather myself.

Congratulations to hear though! I wish you luck with the kids! Maybe you can tell us about how it is or them later on after your married.

It can be a bit different then being a full parent I'm sure, but it still counts I think.

I wish you good luck again! Hope the kids love ya! And I'm sure you'll have stories to tell and challanges with them :).

You'll have to tell me, or the others on this thread some in the future maybe haha!

Again congratulations and good luck to you and your fiance!And you as a stepdad!

I've got a few ideas what I'd want to name my child/children, but I'm still not sure. There's a very, very low chance I'll be naming them after a pony though. Those kind of names seem weird for a human, and the child might get teased.

• Brohoof 2

FiM will probably, unfortunately be all but forgotten by the time I decide to have a daughter. Well, hopefully not. But probably so. So I doubt teasing issues. Besides, she shall also learn Brazilian jiu-jitsu, fencing, boxing, and muffin baking! derpy_emoticon1.png

Eh, idk, I think it may stick around longer then you think.

If it doesn't I'm buying the mlp episodes on eBay or showing my kids them on Netflix :P. or something.

I'm just saying try to make sure they're name isn't anything to crazy so you think they may be teased. I'm sure youll be fine though.

I'm sure those techniques will teach people not to

Mess with her anyways haha :P

• Brohoof 1

I wanna be a parent but you know isn't the easiest thing in the world.. I look after my nephew and omygosh that kid has energy I was totally pooped after watching him for the whole afternoon.

I know I am not too young to have a kid  (I am 21) but its the first part i would have to get past to ACTUALLY have a kid to begin with.  

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure those techniques will teach people not to Mess with her anyways haha

Especially the powerful art of muffin baking. They shall be held in awe of her magnificent muffin baking skills and she shall be exalted as a goddess and she'll rule over all over Equestria with her infinite magic! ohmy.png

Or... maybe she'll just hate me forever. biggrin.png

• Brohoof 1

I've got a few ideas what I'd want to name my child/children, but I'm still not sure. There's a very, very low chance I'll be naming them after a pony though. Those kind of names seem weird for a human, and the child might get teased.

I don't have any really, but I kinda feel inclined to make a list or something now :P, except I suck at names(I still haven't named my mare Oc >_>.)

And yeah I personally find the pony names a bit odd on humans really. Then again I don't really like my ocs having pony names exactly anyways :P.

But I guess it depends on preference partly.

Id be a bit afraid of them being teased, or hating their name or something.

Just me though.

I wanna be a parent but you know isn't the easiest thing in the world.. I look after my nephew and omygosh that kid has energy I was totally pooped after watching him for the whole afternoon.

I know I am not too young to have a kid (I am 21) but its the first part i would have to get past to ACTUALLY have a kid to begin with.

Oh it's far from easy I know that! That's one thing I know already about parenting. I mean sure kids are cute and fun sometimes, but other times... Not so much.

Like when they get an attitude, or start crying, or pouting to get what they want, or when you have to change their diapers or other things, or clean up potty training accidents( or any other time it isn't in the potty or a diaper.) and then as they get older they start rebelling, you have to discipline them, tell them no, set them in time outs, not give into their faces, or let them guilt you into buying everything, then they get all kinds of other issues as teens including being emotional and rebellious, and you have to make sure they do their homework, and all kinds of other stuff.

All while dealing with your own life.

Yeah.. Not only do I not know how to do or deal with many of those things,(or really want to) but they certainly show that having children isn't the easiest thing ever. Not to mention the many many many other embarassing, or unfortunate, unoppretune, or disgusting situations they will probaly end up putting you in.

But I still want to be a parent despite that, it's just an experience I feel inclined to do at some point, and that I feel will be worth it in the end.

But yeah, kids have lots of energy, I played with my younger cousins, and as I'm panting and trying to catch my breath they're ready to go run a mile... I feel so old then :P.

And I didn't even have to watch my cousins really for more then the times I play with them, or ocasionally am chaperone for them in the bathroom, or around the store or whatever.

Plus my moms normally there or their mom so yeah.

Full time responsiablity, it's gonna be hard.

But I still want children, oddly enough.

I guess learning to deal with them and the things they do come with parenting. (my mom for instance said she has a much stronger stomach after raising me :P.)

21 isn't nessarly that young, I have an aunt who had a daughter at like 23 or so. I personally am going to probaly be like 25 for multiple reasons, but it depends on your situation.

I'm sure you can do it though if you want!

• Brohoof 2

I don't have any really, but I kinda feel inclined to make a list or something now tongue.png, except I suck at names(I still haven't named my mare Oc dry.png.)

And yeah I personally find the pony names a bit odd on humans really. Then again I don't really like my ocs having pony names exactly anyways tongue.png.

But I guess it depends on preference partly.

Id be a bit afraid of them being teased, or hating their name or something.

Just me though.

I guess I could make a list for names would like:

Luke

Chloe

Matthew

Lucas

Lily

Andrew

Ellie

Hazel

That's all I can think of right now.

• Brohoof 2