Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your (current or future) Career/Job

Anonymous~

(edited)

Honestly, I plan into going into game design, I already have embarked on some projects, and I haven't gone out of high school yet. I thought of maybe being a band director as a second option.

I have thought about being a writer, but then I thought "maybe as a hobby?"

Edited by GamerTwilight

I currently have two jobs. My part time job is working for the family business. We fix broken fiberglass. We mainly fix bathtubs and showers but we have fixed cars and boats as well. It's surprising how many people don't know that fixing a broken tub is an option. Most people assume you have to replace it. When people find out they can spend $450 to repair their broken floor instead of paying over $3000 to replace it, they get pretty excited. My full time job is working on the meat wagon as an EMT. All that stuff you see on TV: codes, murders, fires, car wrecks, assaults, etc is about 5% of what I do. The other 95% of my time is spent sitting, sleeping, eating, watching TV, watching movies, playing games, and did I mention sleeping? I only get paid $8 an hour to boot. However we do get a lot of free stuff when on duty, and getting paid to sit on my ass all day isn't so bad.

I've been trying to get a job for some time, with no luck, because I have no paid experience and didn't do any work or volunteering in high school. I have no talents and dropped out of college due to learning disabilities. I'm going to take a class for Administrative Office Assisting, so hopefully that will help land me a job *fingers crossed!* :D 

I have two dream jobs. One is to help kids with special needs; Autism, learning disabilities, depression, PTSD, anxiety, etc. because I know what they go through. One of my main passions is Psychology, which was in fact the only curricular class I got an A in in college. But since I can't get a degree, this dream is out of the question.

I also love creating and designing things, specifically jewelry. It's one of the only things I'm kind of decent at. But I can't make enough to support me, my girlfriend and future kid on selling crappy handmade jewelry. It's my other passion but it can't lead anywhere either.

So basically, office work for me! It's my only hope so please work out! XD

~Leafy

P.S. I'm so sorry to vent! I just need to. Very badly. 

I'm currently a payroll and billing coordinator at an in home care and assistance service.  I'm going to college at the moment as well majoring in history with an emphasis on Japanese and Asian history.  I plan on going to grad school for Library Sciences.  I want to be an Archivist.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently a freelance artist, which is fun and frustrating. I really enjoy working with cilents, but sometimes I wish I took the gallery art route (although I do show in galleries, just not as often as I would like, haha).

I majored in Fine Arts when I was in college with a focus in Illustration.

• Brohoof 1

I want to join the Military but I don't know if I have the guts. Probably a pilot, maybe a submariner. I could probably do fine as a historian too though.

• Brohoof 1

Currently unemployed but working on get my old job back and once I move to Edmonton, Im going to work my way to being a professional DJ…

but hmmm I also love to cook ugh so many choices for a career. Decisions decisions hehe

(edited)

I am employed as a materials engineer in the aerospace industry.

Originally went into school to do electrical engineering - switched to materials science and have enjoyed it since.

Edited by 9x18

I recently completed my Bachelors in 2D animation, and I'm currently looking for work in said field. Either that, or illustration. I'd like to go on and do a Masters in animation, but it's just not possible for me at the moment. I want to do it abroad and... well, money. :catface:

Still in college here. I'm sitting my AS levels in 2014 which are Psychology, English Language, English Literature and Law. Hopefully I'll end up going to Manchester University to study law and end up as a prosecution lawyer but that's 6-8 years away.

• 6 years later...

I just finished high school and am starting college in a couple months to study veterinary medicine, and then start my career as a veterinary technician after I graduate and eventually work my way to a career with performance horses (maybe a racehorse veterinarian? Trainer? Sky's the limit), which been my dream for many years.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Currently working casually as a bartender. I'm studying environmental science and would like to become an environmental officer/scientist in the future.

Edited by mini
  • Brohoof 2

I'm currently still in high school, and so I am unemployed,

But I really want to be employed in the tourism sector, 

Preferably as a Air Cabin Crew Member (Flight Attendant), 

6 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

My future career is as a musician. Thankfully, one of my friends (@C. Thunder Dash) is helping me with that.

I would like to hear a sample of your music

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I don't have any as of yet, but I'm (mostly) drawing from 50s rock and roll and British Invasion-era pop...and mixing it with punk and metal.

well I'll be happy to hear it when you have any music made

• Brohoof 1

I'm an Accountant right now. My current job has a repetitive workflow, but I don't mind it. I actually feel better with repetitive things than most other people would. I'm also very good at finishing tasks at a fast pace, so I enjoy it overall.

I'm 2 years into a Computer Science degree, but strongly considering a career change to something like Graphic Design or Marketing. Would rather do something I enjoy rather than just a job that pays well. :twi:

• Brohoof 1