Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Writing a brony newspaper article for school

Kodiak

Hey everypony!

Well, I'm on the school paper and all, and my adviser allowed me to do an article about charities; anything at all relating to it. So, I said "Why not ponies?"

Though, I'm going to need you guys' help and knowledge. I'm juggling around three different articles this time around, and won't have enough time to properly research the various brony donation causes as I would want to. I hate to sound like I'm just passing off my work to you guys, but I could seriously use some help. I know of a few such as "Smile!" and the Humble Brony Bundle, but that's about it. In your posts, please give the name and link of the donation cause, and maybe a small description if you feel like being generous :)

I'll gladly post the completed and finalized article here as well as submit a copy to Equestria Daily. Thanks to all who respond!

• Brohoof 5

i wish you good luck^^ btw is it just writing a article or are you doing the design and layout for it too?

Yep, I'll be doing the layout and the article itself. The graphics (pictures) are left to another section of the paper though.

I know of one that these forums I belong to did last christmas. It's was title "Making Christmas Merrier", and was a donation to the British Columbia Childrens Hospital.

Here's the link for all the details involved: Making Christmas Merrier.

I hope that'll do alright for your paper ;)

Edited by Colonel Flutterklopp XXII
  • Brohoof 2

I know of one that these forums I belong to did last christmas. It's was title "Making Christmas Merrier", and was a donation to the British Columbia Childrens Hospital.

Here's the link for all the details involved: Making Christmas Merrier.

I hope that'll do alright for your paper ;)

Thank you for the reply! This really helps.

Edited by Kodiak

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing, I got interviewed for my school's article about bronies today.

Well this is interesting, it seems like the curiosity is spreading in unexpected places... ah who am I kidding, the world is for bronies to dominate anyway.

I'm just curious, what kind of questions did they ask you?

• 1 month later...

Well this is interesting, it seems like the curiosity is spreading in unexpected places... ah who am I kidding, the world is for bronies to dominate anyway.

I'm just curious, what kind of questions did they ask you?

The questions I remember were:

What got you interested in the show? (To me, it was various music videos with ponies replaced)

How has this show changed your views? (It's made me more open minded and understanding of other's opinions)

Have you received negative attention for being a brony? (Surprisingly no, although that might change after the article)

Own any pony related merchandise? (Shirts. Too many to count.)

What do you like about the show? (The fluid animation, various references and shout outs, having intuitive character development in a kid's show)

Favorite pony? (All of them :) )

Have you contributed any fan artwork to the community? (Various sketches, some WiP vectors)

What do you like about this particular community? (Most of the community is very open minded, they follow and practice the values that the show preaches)

What do you have to say to those who might give the show a chance? (Watch a few episodes! If you catch yourself humming the theme, us bronies will join in with you with open hooves! ;) )

Just an update: My school's newspaper's coming out tomorrow, so I'll post a scan of it as soon as I can

here it is!

Posted Image

UPDATE 4/14

Wow. It got featured on ED!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/04/nightly-roundup-290.html

• Brohoof 1