Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi, everypony.

Patchwork

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Whats up patchwork, I like that drawing! Did you draw it yourself? But anyways welcome to our forums and I hope you have an enjoyable and fun experience here.

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

I drew that picture myself; my avatar was done by someone else. Have no idea who...anons. Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, thats pretty cool, nice work on the drawing. I wish I could draw but eh...

Wow, thats pretty cool, nice work on the drawing. I wish I could draw but eh...

Everypony can draw. I've seen people who are frankly just awful and they have the courage to post it online.
  • Brohoof 1

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Everypony can draw. I've seen people who are frankly just awful and they have the courage to post it online.

I don't. I can't draw. Its just too bad for it to be seen. I'm mean it looks like a 4 year old drew it.

Nice OC dude! I especially like that cutie mark; very original!!

I bet you'll love it here; we have a really great community. There's a place for everypony! ^_^

Thank you. I see lots of really good OCs around, but why do people like neon rainbow alicorns? I have no issue with alicorns but all of them seem to be alicorns...

I don't. I can't draw. Its just too bad for it to be seen. I'm mean it looks like a 4 year old drew it.

I find that hard to believe, but hey. You don't recolor do you? You don't steal? Then you're already better than a big chunk of the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Thank you. I see lots of really good OCs around, but why do people like neon rainbow alicorns? I have no issue with alicorns but all of them seem to be alicorns...

I find that hard to believe, but hey. You don't recolor do you? You don't steal? Then you're already better than a big chunk of the fandom.

Nope, the most I do is make original pieces of music and I am pretty good at video editing and picture editing.

Nope, the most I do is make original pieces of music and I am pretty good at video editing and picture editing.

An artist in a different way, there you go! If you can't draw, make music. Works for lots of people.)
  • Brohoof 1

Hahaha! I ask myself that same question nearly every day! I never really liked alicorn OCs, and my OCs are always pegasi, because whenever I put a horn on mine, it looks weird. It never looks weird on anyone else's OC, just mine. It's strange. happy.png But that basically eliminates the alicorn option for me! But nah, I don't really like alicorn OCs. Always seem to be too overpowered. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

Hahaha! I ask myself that same question nearly every day! I never really liked alicorn OCs, and my OCs are always pegasi, because whenever I put a horn on mine, it looks weird. It never looks weird on anyone else's OC, just mine. It's strange. ^_^ But that basically eliminates the alicorn option for me! But nah, I don't really like alicorn OCs. Always seem to be too overpowered. :catface:

I can definitely see your reasoning, but it is possible to have a good alicorn oc. By giving them more noticeable personality flaws rather than dumbing down their flight or magic, an alicorn can have balance.

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the mlp forums! I'm Sky Rise, I just joined this forum not that long ago c:

So far for what ive seen, this place is just bursting with very lovely people!

What a lovely OC you have! And a very nice picture you drew too!

Thank you everypony for such a warm welcome. I'm new to digital art so it means a lot that you like it!

• Brohoof 1

I can definitely see your reasoning, but it is possible to have a good alicorn oc. By giving them more noticeable personality flaws rather than dumbing down their flight or magic, an alicorn can have balance.

Oh, yeah, sure! I totally agree with that! I'm sure there are some wonderful alicorn OCs! Just, the vast majority don't have great backstories or personality flaws. A lot of them are very Mary-Sue-ish. :)

Also, another thing for me is that Lauren Faust, who was the original maker of the show, never really wanted there to be any other alicorns other than Celestia and Luna. And yeah, before you say it, yes OCs are totally irrelevant to the show. ^_^ I don't really know why I don't like them over regular ones, I just prefer earth, pegasi, or unicorns! That's all! laugh.png But I still love critiquing any OCs I see, alicorn or not, and I don't judge those who make them. I just personally wouldn't make an alicorn OC! tongue.png

Anyway! Let me reiterate. I hope you have a wonderful time here! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and maybe even having a few more friendly debates along the way!! wink.png

• Brohoof 2

Oh, yeah, sure! I totally agree with that! I'm sure there are some wonderful alicorn OCs! Just, the vast majority don't have great backstories or personality flaws. A lot of them are very Mary-Sue-ish. :)

Also, another thing for me is that Lauren Faust, who was the original maker of the show, never really wanted there to be any other alicorns other than Celestia and Luna. And yeah, before you say it, yes OCs are totally irrelevant to the show. ^_^ I don't really know why I don't like them over regular ones, I just prefer earth, pegasi, or unicorns! That's all! :lol: But I still love critiquing any OCs I see, alicorn or not, and I don't judge those who make them. I just personally wouldn't make an alicorn OC! :P

Anyway! Let me reiterate. I hope you have a wonderful time here! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and maybe even having a few more friendly debates along the way!! ;)

Hey, I posted his backstory. Maybe help me improve it? I'm always open to criticism and suggestions, provided they're not along the lines of OMG DUZ OCEE SUX AZZZZZ
  • Brohoof 2

Hey, I posted his backstory. Maybe help me improve it? I'm always open to criticism and suggestions, provided they're not along the lines of OMG DUZ OCEE SUX AZZZZZ

Sure thing! I'm not entirely sure how much help I'll be as I've never critiqued an OC before, but I'm willing to give it a whirl!

• Brohoof 1

http://mlpforums.com/topic/74140-my-oc-patchwork/#entry1867381

I'm not sure if I've carved out his past enough...I also don't need him to be a stu. Wonder if I'm actually doing it right?

Lol, from my point of view, you're doing this just right! I've never been one to be interested in backstories, but yours is rather believable and intriguing. Patchwork seems so sweet! Ugh, and his girlfriend, dude; she didn't deserve him. smile.png His relationship with his daughter and parents is adorable and the sense of family seems kind of like the Apples in closeness.

The only thing I would change is to give him some flaws. There are already a few, like not being the perfect stallion or whatever, but that's totally physical, not mental. Don't go giving him some crazy personality flaw or anything, maybe just a little one. After all, most people have just a bunch of little personality flaws that lead to a big one. But since, a: he's a pony, and b: he's supposed to be a really good character, maybe just give him a tiny flaw. To name a few that come to mind: Jealousy, Sadness, Shyness, ect. Nothing big. Nothing huge. Just something like that to make him more three dimensional. Just don't go all Oedipus Rex up in this. wink.png If you don't know that play, look it up. You'll understand. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Lol, from my point of view, you're doing this just right! I've never been one to be interested in backstories, but yours is rather believable and intriguing. Patchwork seems so sweet! Ugh, and his girlfriend, dude; she didn't deserve him. :) His relationship with his daughter and parents is adorable and the sense of family seems kind of like the Apples in closeness.

The only thing I would change is to give him some flaws. There are already a few, like not being the perfect stallion or whatever, but that's totally physical, not mental. Don't go giving him some crazy personality flaw or anything, maybe just a little one. After all, most people have just a bunch of little personality flaws that lead to a big one. But since, a: he's a pony, and b: he's supposed to be a really good character, maybe just give him a tiny flaw. To name a few that come to mind: Jealousy, Sadness, Shyness, ect. Nothing big. Nothing huge. Just something like that to make him more three dimensional. Just don't go all Oedipus Rex up in this. ;) If you don't know that play, look it up. You'll understand. :lol:

I was actually going to add this, but imma post it here. He always feels inadequate, like he isn't good enough. He believes it's his fault Toffee cheated and left him, and he worries about his daughters future.
  • Brohoof 1

I was actually going to add this, but imma post it here. He always feels inadequate, like he isn't good enough. He believes it's his fault Toffee cheated and left him, and he worries about his daughters future.

Wonderful! That's exactly what I was hoping for! With that flaw, I believe you have created a very well-rounded, sweet, original character. I'm sure you'll edit it as time goes on and you think of new stuff, but this is perfect for now!

Btw, I don't think I ever really mentioned it, but I really like his color scheme. I like the OCs who have a rather unnoticeable color scheme as I makes me more interested in their character than their appearance. If you look at either of my two OCs, you'll think I'm being hypocritical, but I make my OCs for the fun of creating a cool design, rather than an awesome backstory. :P One day, maybe one day. ^_^

Wonderful! That's exactly what I was hoping for! With that flaw, I believe you have created a very well-rounded, sweet, original character. I'm sure you'll edit it as time goes on and you think of new stuff, but this is perfect for now!

Btw, I don't think I ever really mentioned it, but I really like his color scheme. I like the OCs who have a rather unnoticeable color scheme as I makes me more interested in their character than their appearance. If you look at either of my two OCs, you'll think I'm being hypocritical, but I make my OCs for the fun of creating a cool design, rather than an awesome backstory. :P One day, maybe one day. ^_^

Heh, thank you! I've been thinking about Sew Sweet's future and came up with a bit about her.

Around the time of Sew Sweet's 11th birthday, Toffee Twist came back to Manehattan to try to become a part of her life, but Patchwork wouldn't have it. He had been used by her so many times..even he couldn't forgive her. But Sew Sweet wanted nothing more than to have a happy family, and while she had a very close relationship with her father, she needed her mom too. She stayed up all night for days, sewing a quilt for them in hopes of reuniting her parents. When she was finished, she showed it to Toffee and Patchwork. It pictured a basic tan stallion on a pink background nuzzling a brown mare with a red background and under their noses was a dark brown filly with a purple background. It wasn't professionally stitched, no it was clearly done by her, but Patchwork and Toffee loved it. The two older ponies on the brink of liquid pride, decided to make up. Even more so, Toffee noticed that the incident had left her daughter's flank not-so blank. Three cloth squares appeared, one pink, one red and one purple. While they didn't get back together, Patchwork would allow Toffee to visit anytime and babysit.

Sew Sweet is just that: sweet. She's a sucker for romance and loves helping others work out their issues. She will work as a school counselor when she's older. Her talent is stitching wounded relationships back together and mending injured hearts.

• Brohoof 1

Heh, thank you! I've been thinking about Sew Sweet's future and came up with a bit about her.

Around the time of Sew Sweet's 11th birthday, Toffee Twist came back to Manehattan to try to become a part of her life, but Patchwork wouldn't have it. He had been used by her so many times..even he couldn't forgive her. But Sew Sweet wanted nothing more than to have a happy family, and while she had a very close relationship with her father, she needed her mom too. She stayed up all night for days, sewing a quilt for them in hopes of reuniting her parents. When she was finished, she showed it to Toffee and Patchwork. It pictured a basic tan stallion on a pink background nuzzling a brown mare with a red background and under their noses was a dark brown filly with a purple background. It wasn't professionally stitched, no it was clearly done by her, but Patchwork and Toffee loved it. The two older ponies on the brink of liquid pride, decided to make up. Even more so, Toffee noticed that the incident had left her daughter's flank not-so blank. Three cloth squares appeared, one pink, one red and one purple. While they didn't get back together, Patchwork would allow Toffee to visit anytime and babysit.

Sew Sweet is just that: sweet. She's a sucker for romance and loves helping others work out their issues. She will work as a school counselor when she's older. Her talent is stitching wounded relationships back together and mending injured hearts.

Aw, that's so cute! I love fillies. They always are so adorable. Interesting idea on how she got her cutie mark. Quite brilliant if you ask me! Plus, the cutie mark design itself is very cool! School counselor? Yep, that'll work just fine for her personality! :D

Aw, that's so cute! I love fillies. They always are so adorable. Interesting idea on how she got her cutie mark. Quite brilliant if you ask me! Plus, the cutie mark design itself is very cool! School counselor? Yep, that'll work just fine for her personality! :D

Yaaaay. I'm curious though...why do eyesores like Bolt and Neon Boom get fans, but the cute OCs aren't even noticed? Is the internet like high school: scene assholes are loved while sweethearted plain janes are forgotten?