Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My OC Patchwork

Patchwork

I'm a bit unsure if I have to improve his story or design so I would like opinions about it please ~ I've attached pictures of See Sweet (older)and Toffee as well.

Story-

So, this is my OC, Patchwork. He’s 20 years old and his talent is sewing, namely toys and clothes for his daughter, Sew Sweet. When he was 18, he found that his marefriend, Toffee Twist, was pregnant. After the foal was born, she left Patchwork and moved to Seaddle. Now, Patchwork lives in a small apartment with his one year old filly, Sew Sweet. He works 2 jobs, one at a toy store and another pulling carriages in Canterlot. When he’s away at work, Patchwork’s mother watches Sew Sweet at her house. He does everything he can to make sure that his daughter doesn’t go without, even not eating normally to make sure he has money for formula for her. He gets sick fairly often due to not eating adequately, but still works all day for her. He’s selfless to the point where he’ll endanger his own health for someone else, very religious, a few parasprites short of a swarm, but he’s a loving father to his little princess.

When he was a colt, he wanted nothing more than to be a teacher. He was a good student and always did well on exams. Patchwork loved to learn and help others learn, even dedicating his afternoons to tutor struggling ponies. His best friend was a pegasus from Austria named Grand Scale. Patchwork helped him with academics and in turn, Grand Scale helped him learn piano, although Patchwork never did quite have any talent for music... Patchwork always loved sewing and helped his parents run their quilt shop as a colt. His mother, Heartfelt, always knew her son would be just her and her husband, and always appreciated it greatly when Patchwork would help out. His father, Lockstitch, adored his son and never forgot to take the time to play with him and help him. Everyday after school, Patchwork would help them out by sewing small quilts, fetching twine, sweeping, stocking shelves etc. This earned him a lot of bullying from the other colts at school. They would tell him that sewing is for fillies and colts play stormball and have fights and get dirty, but he didn't care. Nothing could deter him from his passion.

Then he met Toffee Twist, a sassy, manipulative, beautiful and at times nasty young mare. He loved her, from her "I don't care what you think" attitude to her culinary prowess right down to her fiery red eyes. He eventually worked up the nerve to ask her out and, thinking he'd be fun to toy with, agreed. t first, Toffee was loving, kind and a faithful marefriend to Patchwork but over time, grew bored with him and started cheating on him with her current coltfriend, Ribeye. Being very religious, Patchwork wanted to wait until marriage to have sex, but Toffee wouldn't have it. She blackmailed him into having sex with her by threatening to tell the police he beat her(Ribeye has temper issues and hit her once)and a year later left him with their daughter, Sew Sweet.

post-19825-0-37539300-1379868409_thumb.jpg

post-19825-0-96374500-1379868455_thumb.jpg

post-19825-0-81989100-1379868479_thumb.jpg

Before giving my final judgement, i would like to ask a question:

What software did you use to draw?

How long have you been drawing ponies?

Oh, I use GraphicsGale and started digitally drawing ponies only about a week ago. Traditional art is my strength. I know, I'm not too great..

Oh, I use GraphicsGale and started digitally drawing ponies only about a week ago. Traditional art is my strength. I know, I'm not too great..

I would recommend you to use Photoshop CS6 Extended, it is a very good to use.

Beside you just keep practicing with GraphicsGale days by days, your tradditional artskill is quite good on computer than pencil.

I don't want to give my judgement to reap this work yet so i want you to keep this up!

I would recommend you to use Photoshop CS6 Extended, it is a very good to use.

Beside you just keep practicing with GraphicsGale days by days, your tradditional artskill is quite good on computer than pencil.

I don't want to give my judgement to reap this work yet so i want you to keep this up!

You know, I would use Photoshop, but I'm gonna have to wait until I get it for Christmas....maybe I'll just stick to pencil and paper. Haven't steered me wrong yet.