Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Flim and Flam get another episode?

EquineJM

Yeah why not, they could use them for a lot of different things, scam artist cone to mind first getting them to sell a way for a sure fire way to get your cutie marks to the cmc, just off the top of my head but they can definity have uses maybe a *gasp* redemption episode as well.

Would be better to see a episode with them pulling a scam and wining and people learning some people will do fraudulant things to get agead and it doesnt feel good when it's pulled on you, that wont happen though

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't particularly like Flim and Flam that much and I think they were just causing chaos so that'll be a no for me. I mean like- I can't possible think of how the writers would think of an episode like that.

Yes, very much so! Perhaps a run-in in the Big Apple? I also wondered weather or not they had some sort of over-bearing father who drove them to their commercial shennanigans.

Of course they should!  And it should be a musical-- no, operatic!-- episode, since the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 song was just so great.  (I can just see them taking part in a parody of the Act 2 Quintet from Carmen [but in English, of course].)

On the other hand, why would they in-universe wise?  The last few moments of the episode implied they left Ponyville for good.  I suppose they could always learn from their mistakes, but still.  Everything about them seemed to imply that they were one-time characters-- they're rather flat and all.

When I first saw Flim and Flam my first thought was "Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!". They're standard con-men and I think one episode was just fine for them. If they come back they shouldn't be doing something apple-related, that'd just get old quickly. Anyways, I never really liked their characters too much to be honest so I really don't care if they come back.

Also, anybody who gets my Monorail reference gets a free cookie

img-1911854-1-1469839_1352143936.png

"I hear those things are awfully loud.

It flies as softly as a cloud.

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life my Hindu friend

The ring came off my pudding can

Take my penknife my good man" 

XD can I have 2 cookies for that?

Flim and Flam were decent antagonists and the only real ones that used a form of industry as oppose to magic or just being a jerk so there is a TONNE of potential for their con man personalities and steampunk machines to mess with ponyville and I'd love to see what other steam punk machines they create

Edited by Karl Urban

I can see Flim and Flam as being recurring villains, constantly returning to Ponyville with different inventions in hopes of one-upping the Apples. They're fun villains, and I wouldn't mind even 5 more episodes with them.

as much as I enjoyed their shenanigans and their song....I think as has been said before a couple times, they're typical sales ponies...trying to con off a cheap product....

though as above said, it would be neat to see them come back with a new con/scheme or invention or something..and them inevitably failing at the end....Or maybe they're turned into some sort of honest sales ponies? reformed in a sense. and perhaps promote AJs cider and stuff...

I%20SELL%20APPLES%20AND%20APPLES%20ACCES

Edited by ~Chaotic_Fluttershy~

• 3 years later...

I have nothing against both, but to be honest, I would prefer it to see characters like Lightning Dust or Babs Seed again. They have no big appearences since S3 (ok, Babs was shortly in the background, but that is not enough for me) and I wish to see them again.

• Brohoof 3

I have nothing against both, but to be honest, I would prefer it to see characters like Lightning Dust or Babs Seed again. They have no big appearences since S3 (ok, Babs was shortly in the background, but that is not enough for me) and I wish to see them again.

Yeah, I would like to see bulky filly again. I can live without Lighting Dust, but I wouldn't mind her return either. I think we had enough of Flim Flam bros at the moment, I think Viva Las Pegasus was a good way to wrap them up