• Make Artworks & Plushies
    • Roleplay
    • Create Animations / Voice Act
    • Buy & Collect Merchandise
    • Create Songs
    • Make PMV
    • Attend Conventions
    • I don't, I just watch the show
  3. 3. Are you in the closet, or out the closet?

• I'm in the Closet
    • I'm out the Closet
  4. 4. How often do you watch the show? (on average)

• 0-3 Episodes Per Week
    • 4-6 Episodes Per Week
    • 7-9 Epiodes Per Week
    • 10+ Episodes Per Week
  5. 5. On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show

• 1 - Not much
    • 5 - Sometimes
    • 10 - Always
  6. 6. Would you like more surveys like this? (Just feedback for me)

• Yes, Please
    • No, Thank you.

Hello there, I'm Frozen Rose.

If you are wondering what this is, It's a survey! 

For those who are familiar with my previous Pony-Brony Survey, this one isn't quite the same as the last. During my previous Survey, I had hypothesised the outcome.

During this survey, I'm investigating the Community within the MLP forums. So, I do not have a hypothesis for the outcomes of this survey. I do however hope to learn more about the community with this survey, and use the same survey at a later date to compare the results.

Any who, Please cast your votes and please answer them with honesty. Honesty is Accuracy smile.png

Thank you for reading this and casting your votes.

I'm giving this Survey a full week before I collect the data.

twilight_sparkle___report_by_dentist7354

• Brohoof 12

What Type of Brony are you? "I'm a..."

I'm a mix of moderate and creative. I'm a brony in the sense that I adore the show for its' many aspects, and take part in all sorts of discussion in the fandom, and I also write (wrote) fanfics for the show, as I enjoy writing. Always have writers' block, and haven't written anything in over six months but we'll ignore that for now TwT

How do you contribute to the fandom? "I..."

Asides from writing fanfics, I collect some merch. I've got four plushies, three shirts, two card tins, two necklaces, one vinyl figure, 20+ blindbag figures, two custom-bought artworks from art vendors at BronyCon, a Spitfire hat, etc. And, I suppose I can be marked down as 'I attend conventions', as I went this year, and plan on going next year.

Are you in the closet, or out the closet?

I'm out of the closet, as my mom, friends, etc. all know, but there are one or two select individuals who I specifically do not let know of this fandom, simply because I know them, and know how they'd react :3 As I have no interest in listening to them bitch, there's no need to let them know.

How often do you watch the show?

As I'm sure you'll find with most people, I used to watch episodes all the time. For the first eight months to a year, I watched them periodically, while after a while I then only tended to rewatch episodes I adored (Return of Harmony, Sleepless in Ponyville, etc.) I'm sure when season 4 comes out, the drive for episodes will explode for most people again. People simply view episodes into the ground, then it comes to the point where they've memorized the content.

On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show

I'd say around eight. This forum and some alike sites are a focal point to my free time, as are ponies in general due to the monstrous nature of this fanbase's size, creativity and activity.

Would you like more surveys like this?

Sure! Topics like these are always great. Interviews, surveys and contests are three great types of events for forum communities to interact with one another as a whole.

• Brohoof 7

Well, let's see here...

~I'm a moderate brony, altogether.

~Well...I write stories, buy and collect merchandise, and I make PMV's from time to time...

~I wear pony shirts and bracelets everywhere, so I'm out.

How often do you watch the show? (on average)

~I watch 1 episode a month at the most. 

On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show?

~An extremely strong 10. It's on my mind at nearly all times. 

Would you like more surveys like this? (Just feedback for me)

~I love surveys, so yes..

• Brohoof 2

I'm the creative type, have made drawings, PMVs and I do buy some merchandise but I don't really collect it. My whole family knows I'm a brony, so I'm not in the closet.

On average I watch the show around 4-6 episodes a week but recently I haven't watched in two months but I'll start doing it again. I'm always thinking about the fandom and the show, it's a part of my life just like cars and video games.

I like surveys so yeah, having another one is cool.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

What Type of Brony are you? ''I'm a...''

I'm a mix of a moderate and creative. I do write stories, make art, or just watch the show.

How do you contribute to the fandom? ''I...''

I really wish I could contribute more, but I do write fan fictions.

Are you in the closet, or out of the closet?

Out of the closet.

7-9 episodes each week

On a scale, how often do you think about the fandom/show?

Yes, please! To be able to learn about one another.

• Brohoof 4

I'm a moderate brony. Not much else to say about that.

I like to write stories and collect merchandise. These two things are fun.

I am out of the closet. I could care less what others think of me. Not like they ever thought positively about me before I became a part of this fandom anyways.

I'd say about once a month.

Definitely a 9. This show and it's fandom are most of what I think about on a daily basis.

Yes please.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 4

I'm a very light to moderate Brony

I don't contribute to the fandom at all

Closet Brony although very few People know and i wish that they didn't know about it

Depends but usually 1 episode a week if i'm lucky

I would say a 6 although its more worrying than anything else

yes

• Brohoof 2

Moderate and Creative

I try my best to draw characters from the show and post them up here for all the view and maybe get some feedback on how to become a better artist. I might be doing videos soon. I also collect some merchandise.

Both, very few people know i'm a brony. Only real close people. It's not something im very open to yet.

Not so often as before. Watched all season twice already. Now I watch about 4 re runs a week on YouTube

Everyday

Sure

Edited by PonyBoy15
  • Brohoof 3

I am a moderate brony, but I want to be a creative brony too, with all the art and music, I suddenly feel inspired and encouraged to contribute to the fan art, music and when I am good enough I would love to make a fan video. I am sort of a closet brony, but I really want to meet other bronies, and as the fandom grows I hope the odds improve to where I can see other bronies. I watch the show everyday on YouTube or the Hub, I have Netflix and I can also watch ponies there, as a result I think of the fandom everyday, I have come to welcome the fans more so than I previously thought.

• Brohoof 2

What type of Brony are you?

I would just use the term moderate, as I'm definitely not a hipster, nor do I contribute anything creative. I simply don't have the time, resources, or talent for creative stuff, so I admire bronies who do contribute to the fandom through creative media.

How do you contribute to the fandom?

I post on this forum as well as the occasional message or two on Equestria Daily. I'm planning on writing blogs a bit more often as well. I do buy MLP merchandise when I can, particularly the trading cards and figures, and hopefully a lot more in the future. Beyond that, I just watch the show on The Hub and not a lot else.

Are you in the closet or out of the closet?

I was never in the closet to begin with. I'm a proud pegasister, and most of my family members know it. I don't go around telling everyone that I know or come in contact with because it isn't necessary, but should the opportunity arise, I will be more than happy to admit that I watch the show. In fact, I wrote an essay reviewing the show for a class I took. =P

It varies, because I don't watch the show on any sort of consistent basis, but rather when I feel like it and when I have the time. If I'm in the mood to watch the show, I will usually watch 2-4 episodes in one sitting.

8/10. The show clouds up my mind quite often. There's not a day that goes by where I don't think of the show at least briefly, especially with all of the hype for season 4. I don't think about the fandom very often per se, but I do think about logging onto the forum a lot.

Absolutely! I signed up for this forum so I could post in a wide variety of different topics, so naturally I welcome just about any type of thread, and surveys are always quite fun to take. It's always interesting to see how other people respond as well. smile.png

• Brohoof 5

What Type of Brony are you? ''I'm a...''

I'm a creative, actually a very knowledgeable ancient reaper who learning creativity. I write the divine songbirds, flying high stories and beyond comprehensive artworks.

How do you contribute to the fandom? ''I...''

Fan fictions based on actual history of Equestria which locked the librabry of memories.

Artworks on Deviant Art

Out of the closet.

10 episodes each week, i prefer season 1 and season 2 but dont like season 3

Yes, please! To be able to learn about one another.

Edited by ReaperOfSouls
  • Brohoof 3

godot-heh.gif-Well,what do we have here? A brony survey. Okay,I'll bite.

What type of brony are you? 

I would consider myself as a moderate/creative brony,since i do have many ideas,

however,i don't express them too easily.

I used to draw art,however,I've been in a real unmotivated state.

I'm sure I'll return to the drawing board eventually.

Other than that,I guess posting here counts,although I don't know how.

Are you in the closet or out of the closet?

My whole family knows that I'm a brony. So,I guess this means,I am out.

Not very,but as soon as Season 4 hits. I'm pretty sure my hype for the show will

return. biggrin.png 

On a scale,how often do you think about the fandom/show?

10/10! Pretty much my whole life is ponies and Ace Attorney.

Well,I don't see why not! This was actually really fun to answer!biggrin.png 

Edited by Sir Godot
  • Brohoof 4

What Type of Brony are you?

well I am a bit creative in the sense that i play around with songs on guitar and occasionally saxophone because it feels satisfying.

Part of it is by joining a forum like this, other wise I may have plans for adding music here as well.

​60% out my friends know and don't really care (have pony Skype pic steam pic etc.). my parents don't  and i also don't have any shirts or anything but i do have a doctor whooves vinyl figure and a brony lanyard for my keys.

well I watch it during free time and when i am in the mood for an episode. New episode are a must watch for me because i cant stand knowing there is an episode un watched :3.

• Brohoof 2

What Type of Brony are you? Moderate. I enjoy the show, and I will openly wear or carry merch, but I'm not pushy about it. I'm usually not one for creativity, and I hipster makes no sense to me.

How do you contribute to the fandom? I have bought some merch (what little my budget allows). I want to say I write stories, but out of the two I have written I deleted one and never published the other. I might make plushies or such in the future (I enjoy making stuff), but for the present...

Are you in the closet, or out the closet? I think a new option needs to be added for this one. I am openly brony around friends, but not around family, although I have time and method planned for when that will change.

How often do you watch the show? (on average) I don't watch many full episodes now that I've watched the series a couple times. Usually I watch fan material, such as music and clips and quotes, on a daily basis.

On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show? Seeing as the only time I sign out of this site is usually when I'm sleeping, you have a pretty good answer. I don't think about ponies in the middle of lectures (much), but plenty of things bring MLP to mind, even if only for an instant.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a mix of moderate and creative. I try to contribute things to the fandom, and I have, before. Sometimes, I just watch the show to watch it, though.

I've written a few fanfics, and have had pretty good reviews on them. I haven't written one in a while, though. Aside from fanfiction, I'm currently involved in a group that does episode dubs, artwork, animations, let's plays, and anything else we can think of. Also, I'm in the group, The Brony Syndicate.

Out of the closet. It only took me less than a month in and half to be open about liking ponies. My family didn't really care, though they faked mocked me a bit for it. I'm a proud brony.

Well, I've seen every episode at least once. There's a handful of episodes that I absolutely love and can't stop watching, (The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Discord episodes, Party of One) but I don't watch that many a day. 

A solid seven. I care about the fandom alot, but I'm not obsessed with it or anything. Maybe it's the hiatus between episodes, though. When season four premieres, I'll probably be a ten again.

Of course. Having other members take surveys like this, really help you get some insight about them.

• Brohoof 2

I don't care about the closet.

I express my interest in this less than I do about Kerbal Space Program because I'm interested in it on the same level as most of my other pasttimes, like Star Wars used to be.

I'm the same way. I don't hide the fact that I like MLP, but at the same time I don't make every post on Instagram or tumblr about ponies. MLP is just a really good show I like to watch, and I don't care if others know that or not.

• Brohoof 2

I guess I am a moderate Brony as I am currently not creating anything.

Well... I am working on that, so far only donations but I am working on animation.

Simple answer.... YES!

Let's just say I am seriously addicted to the show, I have no clue how many times I have rewatched all 3 seasons. 

All the time, not a moment goes by where I do not think about or relate something to MLP. My addiction is so bad when I see certain words like everyone I quite often see it as everypony.

Yes, I think more surveys would be cool.

Edited by Xelphos
  • Brohoof 2

'What Type of Brony are you? "I'm a..."'

Moderate/Creative I'd say. Mostly Moderate.

'How do you contribute to the fandom? "I..."'

Make artwork occasionally, buy/collect merchandise

'Are you in the closet, or out the closet?'

Out, it's not like it's the first thing I tell people about myself though. Still, no reason to really care who knows if I'm a brony or not though, not a big deal to me lol.

'How often do you watch the show? (on average)'

Eh, 4-6 episodes on a good week maybe, been really hungry for the new season lately though.

'On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show'

9 I'd say.

'Would you like more surveys like this? (Just feedback for me)'

As long as they're not the same questions over and over, sure. :)

• Brohoof 3

Im not a brony. So im out of the closet. 

I think on level 5 about the show. Not much about the fandom.

Im creative though. Making Youtube poop and other things. 

Thats all there is to say. 

And as usuall.

-Nuff Said from me!

Mix of moderate and creative. I only talk about the show and pony-related stuff when prompted, but I like to create things inspired by ponies of my own accord.

Write stories. None of them are meant to be taken seriously though.

In the closet in real life. I don't care what other people think, I care what other people do when they're "concerned for me". *gulps*

Very recently, I've been watching 10+ episodes each week to keep my opinions on episodes of the show up to date. I don't watch the show on a normal basis though.

9, possibly 10. Very rarely am I ever able to get it off my mind.

Yes please. This survey was a cool little idea. :)

• Brohoof 2

What type of brony are you? 

Limiting myself only to the answers that have been provided, I suppose I'd call myself creative. While none of anything I've created for MLP has gone on the internet outside of a single OC I have many times made various artworks for the MLP franchise. Not like drawings, though I have many that I made through copypasta editing. I work more on fanfictions that never get finished.

And no, I can't call myself a moderate. When I join a fandom, I seriously hype about it, and MLP really isn't an exception. Trust me, when I call myself a fanboy, I know what I'm saying.

As I mentioned before, I do make artworks, even with very little on the internet. I say that qualifies. Never been to a convention, yes, but I assure you, I plan on it. Though, in the end, that doesn't really count, does it? I do roleplay, though not on here yet, but I have RP'd ponies before, so it qualifies. And I have much MLP merchandise bought. Creating animations, voice acting, making plushies, creating songs... these are all things I intend to do in the future, when I learn how to.

What closet? I told my family I started watching the show while I was in the middle of episode 1. No, this is not an exaggeration.

I confess, as much as I love the show, I haven't watched the episodes all too recently. Mainly because I don't watch TV very often, and on the internet, I go on forums and roleplay more than I do watch episodes. I intend to go through another episode-watching streak, but for now, 0-3.

On a scale, how much do you think about the show?

I'm on these forums every day. Constantly look at the artwork. And I'm in the middle of a crossover fanfiction as we speak. Easy 9-10.

Sure, why not? I enjoy giving my side of things. It's nice to talk about myself, no arrogance intended.

• Brohoof 3

Moderate/Creative brony is the best way to describe me.  I watch the show because it makes me nostalgic for shows of my childhood, plus it's just plain flat out high quality television!  As for the creative side, I started writing fanfiction last winter; first time I've ever written fanfiction for anything actually.

In the way of actual creative content, I write fanfiction.  The only fanfiction I have out at the moment is "Batmare Begins", and only two chapters have been released, but Chapter 3 is currently being edited and I'm making nice progress on Chapter 4, so I hope to release both of those soon.  If anyone's interested you can find it if you want to take a look on FimFiction if you click on this link:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/79481/batmare-begins

The only other way I've really "contributed" to this fandom, if you want to call it that, I guess, is by just trying to be the best forum member and brony I can be, trying to befriend as many others as possible, act maturely whenever I'm on, and have fun while also contributing well written and thought out posts in whatever threads I participate in (depending on the nature of the thread, of course).

I'm out of the closet (although I prefer "out of the stall" img-1895452-1-wink.png) as a brony with a selected number of individuals.  Namely, my sister, mom, and a few close friends, some of whom even used to watch the show themselves, know I'm a brony, and they're all cool with it.  Heck, my sister likes the show herself, though she still hasn't seen all the episodes yet.

Lately I've been watching the show at about a rate of 0-3 episodes/week, but that number's likely to rise in the next two months since I hope to get through the end of Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3 before the Season 4 premiere.  Love rewatching my MLP!!! img-1895452-2-biggrin.png

On a scale, How often do you think about the fandom/show.

Probably a 10, if only because I'm almost constantly rolling around ideas for my fanfiction in my head and check into the forums pretty much every day.

Oh yes please, this was a very well thought out survey!  I wish there were far more that were as neat, organized, and thorough as this one, so please do create more surveys like this in the future Frozen Roze!!!  Hope my answers prove helpful!!! img-1895452-3-derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 5