Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Games with horrible music or soundtrack selection?

~Silver Essence~

Let's face it, when playing games, the music is the least important part of what makes it good most of the times, however, what happens when the music is just annoying or horrible? That's when the game is to unbearable to play because of the music.

Theme songs, radio stations in sandlot games, and levels of any kind can be guilty because of it.

So I would like to know, have you ever played a game where the music is awful or annoying, to point of muting it or playing your own music?

For me? Burnout Paradise......

burnout-paradise.jpg

This game was awesome, it was a racing sandlot game like in GTA, the action was awesome, and the many achievements, explorations, and challenges add a lot of replay value!

However, the soundtrack selection is beyond awful, one of the worst I've seen in a video game!ohmy.png 

Here's the playlist if you want to see how horrible the selection is..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJKZul2W31A&list=PLAB174D9ADFE42FAB

The ONLY two songs I did enjoy of the game was the main theme and one of the radio station songs.

Guns N' Roses by Paradise City and N.E.R.D. Rockstar Remix by Jason Nevis

(Try them out by the way, their awesome!) 

• Brohoof 2

i think Worms Armageddon for the Game Boy Advance takes the cake for being one of the worst abonimations of music i have ever heard. observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWepIt2G9AM

along with being a shoddy port, with no option to move the camera, confusing controls, weird damage calculations, it has this abomination of cacophonous sounds strung together. i tried it out for maybe 20 minutes, then promptly quit. what an assload.

• Brohoof 1

I remember some songs in Sonic and the Secret Rings in particular to be notably awful, especially "Seven Rings at Hand", but for the most part, I only remember horrible songs rather than horrible soundtracks

Usually when I hear bad music in video games, my mind tends to purge it from memory so I never have to hear it again. However, I can still think of some games with bad soundtracks.

- Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (For the Frog The Bell Tolls.): Most of the music is either bland or really, really repetitive. Only really good song from it is the overworld theme - the final boss theme is almost there, but falls short. Would you believe me if I told you Kazumi Totaka composed the game's soundtrack? And that the engine was reused in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, which has a far better soundtrack?

- Most Call of Duty games: Forgettable Hollywood-style orchestra. Nothing really special about it, other than how forgettable it is.

- Saint's Row The Third: The radio stations all play bad music, so I tend to leave them off when driving around. I'd rather hear the car sounds than that dreck.

• Brohoof 1

Have you guys ever heard music from the awful Sega Genesis game Dark Castle? It's absolute filth, man. It is the same 5 seconds of music over and over. Imagine the first 5 seconds of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on loop for hours of crappy gameplay.

In fact: If you want to learn about this awful game, there is an AVNG episode about it.

Edited by Sweetie-Belle
  • Brohoof 2

Have you guys ever heard music from the awful Sega Genesis game Dark Castle? It's absolute filth, man. It is the same 5 seconds of music over and over. Imagine the first 5 seconds of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on loop for hours of crappy gameplay.

In fact: If you want to learn about this awful game, there is an AVNG episode about it.

I haven't played the Genesis version of Dark Castle (only played the original Macintosh version on an emulator, which only plays the first five seconds of the song in the opening), but from what I've heard in the background of videos of it, they do play a full rendition of the song. It's unforgettably, yet hilariously bad though when the music gets paused at the wrong time. :P

Sonic 2. Most songs where great. But the last level in Sonic 2 Dash had terribly composed music. So 90% of songs where good. Just Sonic 2 Dash's last music was horrible.

I haven't played the Genesis version of Dark Castle (only played the original Macintosh version on an emulator, which only plays the first five seconds of the song in the opening), but from what I've heard in the background of videos of it, they do play a full rendition of the song. It's unforgettably, yet hilariously bad though when the music gets paused at the wrong time. tongue.png

They do the full song but they didn't just add the song to it, they had to put it in a little at a time and they forgot how many times that first 5 seconds is repeated (About 2), so they end up doing it, like, 4 times over, play some other bits and re-loop.

The game was pretty hit and miss in itself but the soundtrack of Street Fighter X Tekken is just awful

Now even if you don't like the style of music gotta admit what they use in the trailers are SOO much better

The hell made them think the soundtrack in game sounded good?

(puts on a helmet) Anything 8 bit, that's right all, I dislike music from retro games. I was annoyed by it to the point that I usually got a headache.

I'm assuming you mean chipophone. Some people don't like it, but there is a large fanbase around it. I have a chipophone myself. Here, 8-bit can't be that bad when it sounds this catchy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-PNDwH2xQ-w&ei=_VxEUuyrMaeS2AXio4HADw&usg=AFQjCNE9Vv71sfpPKY0g5hINlOMhXgrV7g&bvm=bv.53217764,d.b2I

Little Big Planet. Nothing but annoying fluff licensed from god-knows-where. They try to make up for it by giving you a few select Sony-owned game tracks to use in the level creator, but this leads to every damn community level using the same out-of-context track from Metal Gear Solid or God of War.

Awful, horrible music in that game.

The main one for me would be zelda phantom hourglass which the soundtrack is a loop of a 10 second tune. I also found GTA 4's soundtrack a bit tedious as well.

With songs like: Nikogo Ne Zhalko by Leningrad and Schweine by Glukoza, how could you say they are tedious?

These are wonderful songs about masterbating and nazi pigs. XD

I would say Ride to Hell Retribution, but that's not fair. There really isn't one and the whole game blows in general. What really surprised me was the general assiness if GTA V's soundtrack. You have one rock station, a country station, a talk station, and about 10 rap/dance/club stations. I used love GTA's talk stations. They were stupid and over the top, but funny as hell to listen to. I can't tell what is going on in GTA V's. So I'm stuck listening to the rock channel or putting in my headphones.

The soundtrack for WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011. The SDvRaw series has been known for some pretty good soundtracks from up and coming bands at the time. 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Anthrax, Megadeth, Nonpoint, Disturbed, Sevendust and plenty more have all been part of the previous 5 games. But starting w/ 2009, WWE began mixing superstar entrance themes w/ licensed music. Some of the themes were good, blended in real well. Others just stuck out like a sore thumb and practically begged to be skipped over. Many a time it wasn't even the whole theme song, it was just a sampling. 2010 did the much of the same. 2011 took it a step further and decided to forgo licensed music entirely. They just went with entrance music mixed with generic house music. Just one of the issues that soured me on future WWE games.