Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you think about an anime version of MLP?

InvaderShy

MLP anime version  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's a good idea to make an anime version of MLP?

• It's not a good idea. It's an excellent idea.
    • Maybe, perhaps, I'm not sure. I still have my doubts.
    • No way, that could mean the doom of the series

Considering the series has impacted in the Japanese market and that, in fact, many mangas have been written with MLP characters, something passed through my head: How would everybody receive an anime version of MLP Friendship is Magic? 

I'm not talking about the images that we can found in the web, I'm just talking about if an anime version of this TV series could be a great idea or, on the contrary, it could be the worst way to ruin the series.

So, what do you think? If that ever happens, how would you feel?

I would absolutely love it if it actually happened. I would most likely enjoy it more than MLP probably. Animes can get away with more things than a children's cartoon can get away with. And while they would both be kid-friendly, the anime would take more chances. As long as it turns out better than most cartoon to anime shows, I guess we'll be fine. Animes are usually more detailed anyway.

This would be interesting if they remained ponies..

sQm2DyrzEqw.jpg

Yeah, it'd most likely look like regular ponies, except with bigger eyes and skinnier bodies.

Even if they turned human like below, I'd still be happy...

ad62520394ccf4c9d87f16aa6cc98503_500.jpg

Anime styles are simply adorable. ;~;

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I would love to see it, provided it didn't interfere with the original show in any way.

Now before anyone posts and says that this kind of thing coudn't happen, I will say this. Not only can this happen, but it HAS happened.  In fact, it's happened twice with Hasbro cartoons.  Once with Transformers, and once with G.I. Joe.

Now FiM is showing up in Japan, they have a Manga and the American comics are readily available in their native language.  And the show is reportedly quite popular among Japanese audiences.  So this could very well happen.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

I do love my anime and my ponies. To put them together would, or could should I say be simply amazing. I say could because you never know if you'll like the end result until you see it with your own eyes. I do have to say that the idea of a MLP anime is appealing to me. If done right, it could actually be really cool.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what they do to adapt it. Adaptations like that can go very well, very bad, or just very weird. See the Power Puff Girls anime for reference.

• Brohoof 1

But of course!! My favorite fantasy is going into a theatre to watch an MLP movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki!

Bringing that kind of animation quality to an MLP feature, oh...the glory. I'm mostly thinking about the animation, yeah.

That garbage?  AS IF

(jk) HELL B UCKING YES LOL.  Shut up and take my money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xtC5S_tza4&list=PLmNWHNsq6wOhOmScB86SCJ3yM5x4O1fd6

derpy at her damn finest.  I would take this over the main show 1000 times lol

as for Hayao Miyazaki!i was told he was about to call it a life time as far as anime goes.

Edited by FNGRpony
  • Brohoof 2

I think an anime would be pretty cool... If done correctly. Has anyone else seen the anime version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? That said not all anime is bad, but not all anime is good too. I think the animation style of the show is fine as it is, and the Japanese dubbed version of the show is actually pretty good. I would rather MLP stay as it is. Of course, I'm just the kind of person that likes viewing things in their original languages, because subtitles don't bother me. XD

I think an anime MLP really depends on the writing and the animation. I'm just very picky when it comes to anime, and I really am not fond of the generic OMGKAWAIIDESUNE styles. I must be weird.

There's already an anime that is like MLP. It's called Pretty Cure. It involves a team of girls fighting evil and using the power of friendship to beat the bad guys. And they learn a lesson at the end of each episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR1jSO1_BaM&list=FLw-Dr3iFy1JrXrAoYrCI1Cg&index=30

If you want one that's even more like MLP, look at Smile Precure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri_afACx3Ao

Attack with Rainbows

Have some similar character traits with the mane 6.

Use Alicorn like powers

They call themselves Princess when they are in hyper form.

Still if there was an anime that was about MLP, I would give it a try, but I'm not sure what it would focus on or if they feel of the show would change. Still I would give it a try.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Isn't the show enough like anime already?  Magical girl transformations, crazy superpowers, and magic elements powered by emotions.  Maybe after the show ends, the Japanese will make a "Friendship is Magic Z", but I think the show itself is enough for now.

• Brohoof 1

I personally like it how it is: and don't see any reason for it to be turned into an anime, I think it already looks a bit like an anime to a certain degree for one thing, and even if it was/is popular in Japan then I don't see why they would dismiss it for not looking like anime. 

Wow, I was expecting the idea of a My Little Pony Anime adaptation to get absolutely slammed down by just about everyone and then i go and read the first page of posts with almost all of them saying they'd like it. When did the fandom become so accepting of new  things haha? I think it'd be cool. Something a little more serious would be nice.

Shingeki no Poni anyone?

Thats a yes and a no answer for me.

A yes for me because it will be a interesting and I want to see how it turn out. 

A no because there are anime that is like MLP like Pretty Cure, Also, remember when the Powerpuff Girls turn into a anime, but it was had a lot of flaws, I don't want the same thing to happen to MLP.

Thats a yes and a no answer for me.

A yes for me because it will be a interesting and I want to see how it turn out. 

A no because there are anime that is like MLP like Pretty Cure, Also, remember when the Powerpuff Girls turn into a anime, but it was had a lot of flaws, I don't want the same thing to happen to MLP.

Yeah i was shocked on how un fun PPG the anime was.  I only saw a bit, but damn all if i didn't care while watching it.

The main reason for a anime MLP show (in japan) would simply mean,

"THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH ALOT MORE!"

even more than i'm comfortable with lol.

Don't know what i'm talking about?  Look at card captors sakura.

If mlp was an anime

"rainbow dash would be gay."  there'd be nothing implied about it, she'd be gay lol.

Flutter shy would be probably be more like Orhime from bleach and they would bend the physics of time and space to make her cuter.

Twilight would more or less be the same.

Pinkie would get a mallet.  Don't ask why she would.  (butter cup, Amy the hedge hog)

Rarity would get that over the top anime girl laugh.  you know the one.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBO_SnnqMAc

Apple jack would suddenly become Pokie Jack.

as for pretty cure OH MY GOD is that one long ass transformation scene lol

Edited by FNGRpony

Heck, I would watch an MLP anime. My main reason for watching it would be out of mild curiosity. I would want to see what will go down. Hopefully, it would turn out great. I'd give it chance before judging it.

I would not be against the idea of an MLP anime if it's done right. As long as we still have Friendship is Magic going strong, why contest another show that we could potentially enjoy just as much? If for some reason the anime isn't good, it shouldn't matter as long FiM is unharmed by it. MLP is doing very well in Japan, so it's not totally out of the question, especially since Powerpuff Girls Z happened. After all, Japan has a Pony manga series already.

Just look at how adorable these ponies are in manga form. Now imagine an anime with them looking like this:

398503__safe_twilight%25252Bsparkle_rain

In addition to Japan's great track record of cute characters, they are also a lot more lenient in regards to what kind of content is considered appropriate for children. Now, Japan could take a totally different approach with a Pony anime and aim it specifically at young kids. One look at that manga scan and it's pretty clear that older readers might find it to be a bit childish and innocent, so perhaps Japan is more interested in the target audience at the moment. That said, there's still a good possibility of an MLP anime doing its own thing and potentially being a bit more mature in theme or content. I'm not necessarily suggesting that that would be a good direction for the franchise, but it is a possibility. smile.png

Most anime shows are not very fluid in their animation, and while MLP's Flash animation has its flaws as far as errors go, it's hard to argue that the show is very smooth and expressive, and I don't think an anime would be up to snuff with our current show in that department. I would definitely be interested in seeing what an MLP anime would look like regardless. I'm certainly open-minded about the different possibilities here. ^^

• 10 months later...

How could would it be is Hasbro would let an animation company from Japan make an anime to tie in with FIM? It could be done by the people who did the animation for Sonic X. The anime could also be more adventure oriented, like how Lauren Faust originally wanted the show to be.