Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you think about an anime version of MLP?

InvaderShy

MLP anime version  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's a good idea to make an anime version of MLP?

• It's not a good idea. It's an excellent idea.
    • Maybe, perhaps, I'm not sure. I still have my doubts.
    • No way, that could mean the doom of the series

Hmm. I really had  to think about this. Lol I mean the show already has a japanese dub, but seeing a japanese-style animated series would be new. I mean of course the style would probably change but if it's any style I'd like it have, it'd be Little Witch's Yoh Yoshinari. I remember back last year he posted some pony fanart and seriously

oh

my gah

look at this epicness

right here

I just really adore his western cartoon-esk style too and you can see why I like his art so much.

And his animation style is just

tumblr_ndc8hjjOQL1s4cujlo1_500.gif

wow.

Sorry for my fangirlness but yeah I think pony could be fit for jpn style animation if they know how to handle it well. It'd be interesting to see what ideas they could come up with for their own version of mlp. Yoshinari's style is seen in other shows such as FLCL, Pani Poni and Eva. Akira Himekawa's style is good too. The way they draw the manga-style ponies is adorable.

edit: But now when I think about it, any foreign show that airs in japan is already "anime". Or unless they'll do what they did to powerpuff girls and transformers, then yeah sure.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*

I have found many fan mangas/comic

of MLP and it is one those shows that

could translate well into the anime theme

of things given well, its traits and style

it has now..

Hmm, I'm not too sure. It could be successful. Over in Japan. Really, though Anime is pretty hit-or-miss here in the west. I don't care for Anime. We'll never know for sure, because it's extremely unlikely.

I would be interested in an anime version of the show mostly because I would be interested to see the artwork and the animation style of the show. Though I think the most important thing for creators to have great story lines, writing, and voice actors to play out the roles. There's no point of watching a show that's visually stunning if the writing and acting is not up to par. 

It is already an anime, we just call it cartoon here in the west. Anime is a word Japanese use for everything that is animated. We have just been selective about the word anime because japanophilia is the reason for it, which is why when we say anime, it means shows from Japan that is animated. Not to be offensive to people who likes anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#Definition_and_usage

I like some shows :)

Edited by ShintX

• 7 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't imagine it would be any good. Most Anime are mainstream and very similar to one another. It would be japanese and they scream almost all the time, way over the top. They would make these typical and annoying Anime faces like this ><. The eyebrows and eyes would clip through the hair... The male characters would try to spy on bathing female ponies. Or the male protagonist would "accidentally" fall into a female one, while touching their private parts. It would be mostly about battles otherwise, always yelling the names of their special attacks before attacking. The opening music would sound very bad and annoying, they always change the voices, it doesn't sound natural or good at all. A character like Apple Bloom would be 1,000 years old and she would 100% trying to seduce her brother. Or they make something japanese with Granny Smith, she is probably just a robot and a "young and hot" Ms. Smith is inside of it. She would kill the enemies with her "apples" in a perverted way.

Please, in the name of Celestia, just have your own identity and make something actually good. Typical Anime would ruin that. They always do.

Just my opinion of course. :fluttershy:

I think a MLP show in an anime style could be pretty good. Just think of the Sanrio/Hello Kitty cutesy aesthetic. In fact, Hasbro has a history of licensing franchises to Japan. Just look at some of these toys from the 80s!

unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png

If it were to go full blown mainstream anime tropes, of course it would be complete ass, but I doubt that's the sort of thing they'd go for first. Remember! This is a toy company first, and a brony pandering machine second!

2 hours ago, Scila Bell said:

I think a MLP show in an anime style could be pretty good. Just think of the Sanrio/Hello Kitty cutesy aesthetic. In fact, Hasbro has a history of licensing franchises to Japan. Just look at some of these toys from the 80s!

unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png

If it were to go full blown mainstream anime tropes, of course it would be complete ass, but I doubt that's the sort of thing they'd go for first. Remember! This is a toy company first, and a brony pandering machine second!

Now this type of anime would be pretty neat to see! :eager:

I wouldn’t mind a pony anime as long as it doesn’t go too crazy. We already have pony manga so maybe it would be something like that.

• Brohoof 1