Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Emotional Troubles & Disorders Brought to Life as Real Monsters

NavelColt

So, though I use Facebook for very few things, one thing it is helpful with is giving a basic idea for what some of the things I keep up with, do.

An article shown on DeviantART talked about how an artist known on DA and Tumblr, Toby Allen, has sculpted creatures and descriptions to represent some of the most notorious emotional troubles that humans face. He himself has anxiety. Having generalized anxiety myself as well, I found it to be incredibly interesting. Maybe you will too.

--> http://www.fastcocreate.com/3018089/schizophrenia-paranoia-depression-and-other-mental-illness-brought-to-life-as-real-monsters

Schizophrenia, Paranoia, Depression & Anxiety:

post-4006-0-71711800-1380177025_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-28261000-1380177026_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-84266200-1380177026_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-44495200-1380177027_thumb.jpg

That little Anxiety bugger sure fits tongue.png Boy does he get into mischief up in the ol' noggin'.

Thoughts? Does anyone else have any of these portrayed issues, as well, and can possibly relate to what Allen is trying to bring across? Do you think these fit? Do they not fit? Do you happen to have any ideas of your own?

Toby Allen's Tumblr page, 'The Real Monsters are reborn!'

• Brohoof 7

That depression one is pretty dang good. I like how it captivates the whole self-perpetuating aspect of it that makes it such a pain to deal with.

Also, Anxiety and Paranoia look related or something. Makes sense, given how they can feed off of each other to cause all sorts of fun stress dry.png. Good find.

• Brohoof 2

That's pretty creative. I love the descriptions. 

Clearly this guy has some serious psychosis. But the way he personifies the disorders seems very emotionally accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if many people do relate to the "monsters".

Also, Anxiety and Paranoia look related or something. 

They all have the debian logo on their bellies smile.png

Edited by Keyfur
  • Brohoof 1

Okay at first I was expecting something absolutely horrible which in a way I'm kind of let down that my sick side isn't getting to see something but I gotta say, these are actually pretty neat. I love the style of the art, I love the way he described and monsterfied the disorders, and even though this is a somewhat touchy subject it was handled well.

• Brohoof 1

wow this is really good!

The Anxiety one (as people have mentioned ) really fits! The Idea of him holding the watch is really cool as often I feel like time has a big part to play in being anxious (for me at least).

And I can defiantly see why he did the depression one like that!

I saw this on Imgur just the other day. Well, not the other day, about a week ago. So I can't deny that these aren't cool...

But come on now. Is Cubone really that much of an anxious pokemon? 

Also, my personal favorite is the social anxiety one.

QZ2A4mL.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Coming from someone who has depression and paranoia, those two monsters are quite accurate portrayals of these emotional troubles. Even the descriptions themselves are quite good and accurate. Really loving their designs.

• Brohoof 1