Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Running

AtomicStone

Has anyone else here tried their hand at running?

I started just over a year ago and since then have never looked back! Completing a half marathon, a 20 mile race and a full marathon.

Back in may I also applied for the London marathon, one of the biggest running events in the world and today I recieved a big surprise through the post, I'm in!!

I really can't wait and it should be a brilliant experience!

• Brohoof 1

I used to run, but gave that up because it embarrasses me so much when someone sees me running. It doesn't go well for me afterwards because people have a field day taunting me. So, I just walk. Saves me the shame.

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually a fairly good runner. Though, I do it as a school sport, rather than just for fun or to get in shape. I run just about every day of the week with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays. Also, the training I've done has done wonders for me. My record time for the 400 meter dash (I'm a sprinter, by the way) is about 55 seconds. That's about 11 seconds away from Olympic time (not too shabby, in my opinion).

Edited by ☢Navy☢

• 1 year later...

I usually run half-n-hour before my training, as cardio. This is around 4 times a week.

Prior to moving away from home back in August, I did a lot of running with my friends.  We mostly did mud runs and 5Ks, but we also did the Atlantic City Marathon and the Caesar Rodney Half Marathon (in that order!).  We didn't do nearly as much training as we should have in preparation, but we did manage to finish them in time.  But PLEASE do yourself a favor and train for these things.  The pain...

If i get invited to something i will run ^^

Its just good for you, to feel the breath of fresh air while being good sports and run or jog at a place. It feels so nice with stuff like that ^^

I want to, but I have a pain in my stomach that makes me quit after less than 5 minutes of jogging. It's annoying; I can sprint fine, play sports, bike, etc., but whenever I am only running, and focused on running and not running in a sport where you are stop-start sideways movement, it's almost like the up-and-down movement pains my stomach area. :(

I used to a couple years ago. Great fun but I never seemed to improve past a rather ponderous pace. I moved though and I can't seem to do it here. I don't know what's wrong, maybe there's something in the air or maybe it's something wrong with my body, but instead of my second wind kicking in around a half mile or a mile, I suddenly collapse on my knees, coughing up my lungs and blind from oxygen starvation. Granted, I've really let myself go these past couple years, but it's never happened before or with any other workout.

(edited)

AW YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I run cross country and distance Track, so I HAVE to run everyday

... running is great ^^ it's the cheapest, oldest, and healthiest sport.

Edited by Fire Flower

I'm the worst runner I know. I suck so hard it's just sad. I'm really good at bike-riding, but running just isn't something I've ever practiced regularly so I get fatigued too quickly. I definitely want to get good at it, though.

I'm not all that good, the most I've run for was five miles but that was on a treadmill.  I need to get better shoes before I start actually running(as in, outside).

I used to run, but gave that up because it embarrasses me so much when someone sees me running. It doesn't go well for me afterwards because people have a field day taunting me. So, I just walk. Saves me the shame.

For some reason I feel really awkward running. I am not very fast and It tires me out too much so I pretty much just do the same as you do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty good at sprinting short distances, but I'm absolutely terrible when running for more than about 400 meters.