Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you miss meat?

Bendy

What the hell are you talking about? If I went to Equestria, every living thing around me is edible! You guys obviously haven't read cupcakes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and the worst flashback ever commences...

Actually...lemme just clarify here...

I read/saw cupcakes and was pretty scarred by it...but the worst part was the morning after I watched it...no joke...I woke up, and my wife walked in with a plate of blue iced cupcakes with rainbow coloured sprinkles on top...she was very confused as to why I flipped out.

• Brohoof 2

Well, technically, meat has appeared/been mentioned in the show before, so I'm not sure why I would miss it (a hot dog eating contest was mentioned by Pinkie Pie in "Fall Weather Friends"/see picture below.)

img-1880497-1-6bf.png

However, it's possible those were just errors in the show, and if that's the case; to answer your question: I wouldn't really miss it too much. Meat has never really been one of my favorite types of foods, and I can think of other things in Equestria that I like right now much more. I guess I would miss chicken, but that's about it. 

It hasn't been proved that it is meat. By proof, I mean, someone actually saying it's ham or some other meat product. Otherwise we can't be sure what it is, despite what it may look like.

And the pigs have been canonically shown to be used in show contests, and to dispose of rotten apples on the Apple family farm ("Sisterhooves Social"). Presumably and according to Word of Faust, they can also find truffles for the ponies.

Same for Pinkie's hot dog reference. They could be vegetarian hot dogs.

Oops. Probably should answer the question. :D Yes, yes I would.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

As a human living in Equestria...I would still eat meat. I would just hide it from Fluttershy (if she ever asked, I would be going "camping.")

If there were a number of humans living there, I'm sure we could talk a cow into visiting our steakhouse.

Once you kill the animal you can then make jerky, and dried preserved meat for when you are back in town. The real fry em up stuff would be out in the woods away from sensitive eyes.

Chickens/eggs you can just buy. Bacon, sure. I'll fry some up.  No need to change the diet at all. Just need to be discrete.

I would miss meat.. but it would be worth it to be in equestria. I could go eat apples all day and drain it down with some apple cider, but if i get desperate i guess i could sneak into the equestria girls portal.

meat is a large part of my diet, so yeah. i'd miss it quite a bit. and if i ever tried to be carnivorous, i would get a very bad look from Fluttershy. so...i'd probably just have to adjust to eating plants and stuff. it'd take awhile, but if it's all that i am able to eat, i'll deal with it.

Uhm no, because I wouldn't stop eating meat. If the ponies had a real problem with the diet evolution gave me then I would leave their civilization and become a traveler and hunt my own food, not hunting other sapient creatures of course. Of course I doubt they would be too harsh, considering their relationship with Griffons, who probably eat meat. 

I would miss digging into some of my favorite dishes, but at the same time I would't go vegetarian. Eggs, dairy, and fish are all still on the menu. Fluttershy obviously has no problem with the first two, and we have even seen her feed fish to other animals. The human diet in Equestria would include more fruits, vegetables, and grains, but proteins would still be included, just in a limited manner. I would gladly accept a reduced meat diet if it meant living in Equestria and being able to hang out with Fluttershy.

First off, as a Human in Equestria we'd have a serious problem if we try to eat like the ponies. The base foodstuff of the ponies includes flowers, leaves, and grass (including alfalfa and other similar things) according to the show. Humans can't derive nutrients from that kind of thing, we don't have the digestive system for that. The ponies are not eating a 'vegetarian' diet by human standards.

Second, there are dogs, bears, otters, and others that *Fluttershy* is seen feeding meat to. Plus it's very likely that griffons eat meat almost exclusively given their mix of raptor and feline parts. So they fully understand about carnivores and make allowances.

But that aside, a human-type vegetarian diet is actually difficult if you're not used to it. Many people get sick from switching to what they *think* is a vegetarian diet, because they don't know how to keep it in balance. Plus many go all the way to vegan, which is even harder to maintain.

I don't know all the ins and outs of going vegetarian, so if I tried I would likely get very sick until I (and the pony doctors) worked out exactly what kinds of foods I need.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I would miss meat a lot.  I wouldn't be able to live without bacon cheeseburgers, BBQ ribs, and especially steak.  There is also something I would miss a lot more than just meat, that would be cars.  I'm such a huge car guy, and I would go crazy without driving, sitting in, or even seeing a car on the streets of Equestria.  Those parade floats were the closest thing I've seen to a car in the series, maybe I could drive one of those around.

'Would you miss meat?'; why don't you just ask if I'd miss air to breath? Seriously, I'm practicly an anti-vegetarian. I eat mostly meat and carbs (well and all that unhealty, sugary stuff). I know I should probably eat more veggies from time to time, but...nah. I'm not athletic, but my body is in an acceptable shape and I'm capable of doing some physical activities. Meat is neat and I guess I wouldn't make it long without it.

Eenope! I eat meat pretty often, but it's my least favorite food group; and with fruits being my favorite, there'd be no need to adapt. I'd indulge! img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png  With fresh fruits available at any time (bucked right off a tree), I'd be set.

Oats and veggies are great, too. I genuinely enjoy a plate/bowl of fresh spinach...come to think of it, I've yet to find a food I dislike.

• Brohoof 1

While I can't kill animals myself, I can't imagine life without meat. I absolutely adore foods like chicken, hot dogs, and most importantly, BURGERS. Sweet jesus, I love burgers.

... Point is, I'm an animal lover that loves meat. Ironic but true. Them's the facts.

I'd miss my gyros. My sweet, sweet lamb gyros...

So yes, I would miss meat, not just from gyros, but probably from anything else.

Oh, and I have to put this because of the title of this thread:

post-19338-0-83359500-1380347396.jpg

Edited by super2379
  • Brohoof 1

well I can safely say you are talking about the mean we eat. so yes I would miss that a great deal! but the other kind of meat I'm think about I would miss the most. ok ok sorry anyway I would! meat is so good! how could we not miss something like that? ohmy.png

People need meat in their diets to get a healthy amount of protein to build muscle. Now in our society we recognize that some people, either for preference, idealism or cultural reasons chose to be vegetarian. For these people we have supplements in soy and almond products, or even supplement vitamins. But in Equestria generally everyone is vegetarian and have no need of using meat as a source of protein. So they aren't going to have a lot in the way of supplements. In order to make up for the loss of protein in our diet, we would have to eat a lot cheese unless eggs and fish are an option.

I don't think I would, this summer I had the chance to eat most of my dinners in a vegan shop and the replacement for meat can be very good if well cooked. Beside how could you think about meat when you are in Equestria?!  laugh.png  At least I wouldn't.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, man... I would miss bacon... Like, a lot...

However, it would be worth giving up bacon if it meant I could be in Equestria.

And yes, I would miss the Internet, and computers in general.