Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you miss meat?

Bendy

Yes, I think I would miss it. But seeing as how I would have just gone through a complete biological overhaul into a unicorn (if were basing the form we would take off of our ponysonas) than I wouldn't notice it. Seing as how I would have an herbivore digestive track I would only really have cravings for plants. So by the time that I got used to other, more important, matters like mastering using hooves like a pair of opposable thumbs, and using magic, eating an all plant (eggs and milk are still a part of their diet though so I would have those) diet.

That said, Meat has been an integral part of my diet since even before I was born. More specifically red meat.

No, I wouldn't miss meat at all.

How do I know? I was a vegetarian for 3 years. One of my ex girlfriends was a vegetarian, and after a surprisingly bad chicken sandwich I joined her in her quest.

Fact is, people overrate meat, big time. Meat on it's own is a rather bland, flavorless substance, and only really gains much of it's pizzazz when you add spices to it. A good vegetarian cook can work wonders and create food that is as good or better than a meat dish.

Case in point? Indian food... Omg, Indian food is amazing. Most of it is vegetarian, (and don't even think about ordering the beef. They pretty much worship cows over there. Something un-natural about ordering beef in an Indian restaurant)

Have you ever had a samosa? They're amazing right? Have you ever had a meat samosa? They suck, and suck hard.

There's plenty of vegetarian substitutes as well. If you're ever in Edmonton, go to Padimanadi in China town and order the Curry Chicken. If it wasn't for the fact that it's plainly labled "No Meat" there is no way you would ever guess the chicken you are eating is made of soy. Also in Edmonton is a place... I forget what it's called... something garden, also in china town. They have vegetarian duck that is insane, just amazing. They also sell the most amazing beef jerky you've ever eaten, and it has no meat in it at all.

I might eat meat now, but it's mostly a convenience thing. I am a firm believer that things can, and often do taste better meat free. I still have a lot of my vegetarian menu in tact. I always buy 3 cheese pizza pops. Veggie sausages are amazing and don't have any chunks in em (I hate meat sausages, you always get a bite of a chunk of grizzle or something, makes me gag). I also believe that a salad shouldn't have meat in it... that kinda defeats the purpose.

The most important fact of life though, is that veggie meat tacos are VASTLY SUPERIOR to ones that have beef in em. Veggie meat thrives in taco form like nobodies business. (Brand: Yves ground round) Plus you don't even need to brown the meat first when cooking it, just toss it in, add your spices, and make it warm. Every single meat eater I've introduced to veggie tacos has never once looked back.

tl;dr Yes, I could definitely eat like a pony, :)

i would not eat meat in equestria, i dont even eat meat in the real world, people always say to me "what about bacon its the best thing ever" and im like "i dont care ive tried bacon and its nothing special its not even that nice"

No, because Pinkie Pie can hook me up... 

But in all seriousness, I couldn't go without meat. I have this vegatarian class mate who looks sickly all the time, and I just hate looking pale.

>mfw

4801.gif

Meat is like my equivalent to alcohol.

I love meat so much. I think I'd lose the will to live if I didn't have access to any meat. On the other hand, it would save the lives of many cows.

Bacon = Happiness 

No bacon = No happiness

A world without happiness would be a bad place to live in!!!

But seriously, I would miss it a lot. I'd get bored of eating just vegetables and non-meat stuffs day in day out, I'd probably go half crazy...

Yeah, I'd miss both meat and the internet dearly.  And I had a very nice steak at a restaurant in Washington a couple days ago.  Wow, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  I'd also miss chicken.  I probably would have to find a griffon food joint somewhere. 

But if I was transformed into a pony EQG style during travel to Equestria, then presumably I'd then have pony tastes and I'd be able to subsist deliciously and nutriciously on everything they eat.  :)

• Brohoof 1

This would probably be me in a world like Equestria where no meat is consumed.

Events would most likely unfold exactly like this during my first encounter with the popular fanon food "hay bacon", which seems to pop up in a surprisingly large amount of fanfictions in this fandom. huh.png  Maybe it's because so many other bronies like myself simply can't imagine a world without bacon, and so come up with the best alternative they can think of! happy.png   Anyways, sure I could still have eggs (although when you get down to it, despite the fact that clearly ponies consume eggs in the show, whether in baked goods or eggs themselves, that really is protein so kind of just a bit weird for the ponies), but I think overall that I'd really miss meat after just a few days.  What can I say, I love me my meats!!! derpy_emoticon2.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, probably so, because i eat meat alot, probably more then i realize.

I quite like it to. So yeah, i'd miss it.

I suppose you could eat meat.. but i'm not getting it myself, wouldn't have the guts.

I may just be forced to avoid it in order not to look like a freak.

I was a full-on vegetarian for like two years and I managed just fine. It really isn't that difficult. The urge to consume flesh just kinda goes away if you ignore it long enough.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...