Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't See Profile Picture On...

galaxysquid
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Hi. I recently changed my profile picture and I can't see it on my profile or in my messages. I was wondering how this happened or what I could do to fix this.

(I do not know if this was a topic already, but I couldn't search for it because my computer is acting very slow. Sorry.)

Here is a picture of my profile with an arrow showing where it is and how I can't see it. 

post-19146-0-36283300-1380245090_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Did you upload your avatar from a file on your computer or from a URL?

I added it straight from my computer.

Did you upload your avatar from a file on your computer or from a URL?

I guess I also cannot see it on the forums right here either.

• Brohoof 1

I added it straight from my computer.

I guess I also cannot see it on the forums right here either.

You should double check to make sure you uploaded the right file, and that the file is not corrupted. The file should end in an extension such as .jpg, .png, and so on that indicates that it is an image file. You should check to make sure that you can open the file you uploaded using a standard picture viewer, and not a program such as Gimp or Photoshop, to make sure that it opens without error and displays properly.

Aside from that, I would recommend re-uploading the file and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 2

You should double check to make sure you uploaded the right file, and that the file is not corrupted. The file should end in some extensions such as .jpg, .png, and so on that indicates that it is an image file. You should check to make sure that you can open the file you uploaded using a standard picture viewer, and not a program such as Gimp or Photoshop, to make sure that it opens without error and displays properly.

Aside from that, I would recommend re-uploading the file and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Alright, thank-you. I forgot to mention, it was working fine and then randomly stopped showing up. 

But thanks again and I will see if that fixes my problem! :)

• Brohoof 1

Alright, thank-you. I forgot to mention, it was working fine and then randomly stopped showing up. 

But thanks again and I will see if that fixes my problem! smile.png

You're welcome. I do not know what would cause it to randomly stop showing up, though. If my recommendation does not fix the problem, you should send in a support ticket filed under the Technical Issues / Bug Reports department.

• Brohoof 3