Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you doing at this very moment?

Marshmallow

Buying a soldering iron.

I spent close to fifty minutes today repairing my headphones after several years worth of wear and tear finally caused some of connections on the inside to break apart. I threw together a temporary fix using a cannibalized molex connector and a LOT of electrical tape, but uh... it's not going to last, and it looks ugly as all living hell, to be honest.

I really do not want to drop the cash it would require to get the damn things replaced X_X

Buying a soldering iron.

I spent close to fifty minutes today repairing my headphones after several years worth of wear and tear finally caused some of connections on the inside to break apart. I threw together a temporary fix using a cannibalized molex connector and a LOT of electrical tape, but uh... it's not going to last, and it looks ugly as all living hell, to be honest.

I really do not want to drop the cash it would require to get the damn things replaced X_X

Hah, now that's what I call commitment. I tend to go through headphones every couple of months since I'm always so careless. When they do break, I take them back to the store and pray to god that they're still under warranty (they never are). If I actually invested a bit of time into repairing each set, I'd probably save myself quite a bit of cash over the year. So kudos to your dedication, even if they do look like a piece of shit, at least you got them working to some degree!

As for what I'm doing, I'm currently back my uni labs trying to figure out what iv'e managed to screw up. I'm trying to use a process called Gel electrophoresis to separate RNA fragments by order of length, but every time I run a current through the gel, the RNA travels in the wrong direction, and I have no goddam idea why, it's driving me insane! :angry:

Hah, now that's what I call commitment. I tend to go through headphones every couple of months since I'm always so careless. When they do break, I take them back to the store and pray to god that they're still under warranty (they never are). If I actually invested a bit of time into repairing each set, I'd probably save myself quite a bit of cash over the year. So kudos to your dedication, even if they do look like a piece of shit, at least you got them working to some degree!

As for what I'm doing, I'm currently back my uni labs trying to figure out what iv'e managed to screw up. I'm trying to use a process called Gel electrophoresis to separate RNA fragments by order of length, but every time I run a current through the gel, the RNA travels in the wrong direction, and I have no goddam idea why, it's driving me insane! :angry:

Oh, that sucks :/ hope you'll figure it out eventually :)

-As for what I'm doing, I'm just listening to some music, and trying to get some heat. Freezing like hell in here D:

Heh, thanks. Truthfully though, the only reason I put as much effort into keeping the things working as I do is because they were really expensive. I've gotten more than enough use out of them to justify the price (which is also justified by the sound quality), but still... if I don't absolutely have to replace them, I'd prefer not to.

Being unhappy because my computer shut down for updates because I left it open when I was in the middle of drawing FOUR PICTURES.

Augh. It keeps happening!

They warned me about updates bro, they told me dog!

I'm programming that new website I teased a couple of days ago. :P

Being unhappy because my computer shut down for updates because I left it open when I was in the middle of drawing FOUR PICTURES.

Windows Update's Revenge strikes again.

Always save always disable automatic updates, and never trust Microsoft to keep your files safe lol.

I think Revision 3 (tekzilla namely) had a tip for recovering files after a computer shutdown. It was some program that saves the data before it happens. Sorry can't remember any more details than that though.

I am currently listening to static in my wireless earphones cause there's no audio going right now, and making stuffing, while posting on the forums, while letting weak enemies attack me in Skyrim for Light Armor skillups.

Edited by Makai