Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dsanders

I don't think I ever got my question answered. How do you guys maintain long distance relationships? I'm just wondering is all because for me, it would get really lonely without my love close to me.

It's very hard, but at the same time really simple. All it takes is communication, a super strong friendship, love, patience, and hope. The greatest of these is especially love. With love, you automatically have everything it stands for.

Though I'm not a religious person, I really like how love is described in Corinthians, chapter 13.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love is a powerful thing, and with it, anything is possible. It is not bound by physical limitations and boundaries. Knowing that someone, even thousands of miles away, loves you like no other, cares for you like no other, and craves to be with you like no other...

...that is more than enough for a long distance relationship to thrive.

It's simply love. If the love is pure, if the love is strong, that's all it takes for any kind of relationship to survive for ages to come.

It's as simple and as difficult as that. 

• Brohoof 7

I do agree with Button Mash that this thread, the glorification of forum shipping, and lots of pairing up on here is going to eventually cause the drama llama to come with a vengeance.

drama-llama-black.american-apparel-unise

I suppose I wish the couples here the best though.

Oh seriously?
For fuck sakes people. A relationship is a relationship. How it ends up is none of your buisness...

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the people meeting on a forum, but rather the fact that its mostly long distance relationships between people who are still in school. Relationships like that can be hard, but nevertheless are relationships. Unfortunatly, most don't last for obvious reasons. But it has NOTHING to do with them being on the forum.

Look at and myself. We aren't in school, but we are long distance for now. Im moving to the US in a few months, merely an hour from him. (Keep in mind me moving to the US was planned love before I met Lugi)
I love Lugi, more then anyone in the world...long distance isn't a problem right now because thats being solved.

So don't judge these relationships based on distance and being founded via internet.There is no "right" way to start a relationship...

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 4

I hope most of you are joking about this.

You-Think-This-Is-A-Game-Cat-Meme.png

Nah. Of course we're joking. I maybe evil, but I'm not a psychopath.

I obviously don't stand Mr. Sky Warden and co. position 

butt ay tho u luf mi D:

But I agree with Wingnut. I dont want to see people beong torn up over breakups :C But I do feel it approaching. Brace yourselves people.

So that's why.

So don't judge these relationships based on distance and being founded via internet.There is no "right" way to start a relationship...

Indeed. Behind those usernames are still actual people, with actual names, and an actual life. That means they're still worthy to butt hurt.

ALL HAIL THE BROTHERHOOD WITHOUT LOVER!

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

I don't get it xD

So that's why you don't want to date me. XD

D: Thats doesn't rank very high on the niceness (my spelling/grammar app thingy says that "niceness" is a word :OO) scale. 

Well, what did you expect? It's the Warden. XD

By the way, didn't I told you that I only hit people who want to be hit? I'm not evil for no reason.

While small detours are only to be expected on every journey, and can be fun, please could I ask everyone to remember that this thread does have a purpose? It should mainly be used for discussing those lucky soles who have found their solemates on the forum, those lucky fish. One should have a care that one's fun does not ruin it for others. 

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 4

I really wish you negative people would get off this thread. Just because your unhappy / angry stop brining other people down. You are ruining an amazing thread, there IS true love on these forums and in this modern day / age it does not matter in the slightest how far away they are, this isn't freaking 1940. 

@ Sky warden: Congratulations on being the second person on my block list

@ The other negative people: Please grow up, the people here are happy, if they do break up then it's tragic and they will need everyone possible to support them. Just because you are P***** off at the world go and take it out on something else instead of this thread. 

I am sorry for the rant, but some of you ponies are f****** me off big time.... Well a couple ..... dry.png

@ Dsanders, I may not be religious either, but that verse is beautiful, seriously what a great pony you are ;)

Edited by Skylar
  • Brohoof 1

I really wish you negative people would get off this thread. Just because your unhappy / angry stop brining other people down. You are ruining an amazing thread, there IS true love on these forums and in this modern day / age it does not matter in the slightest how far away they are, this isn't freaking 1940. 

What? I did say I was joking, didn't I?

Nah. Of course we're joking. I maybe evil, but I'm not a psychopath.

You might miss reading that. I'm aware that pain is... painful (lol wut). I've felt much of it, trust me. Only psychopaths will enjoy pain, whom I am not.

Indeed. Behind those usernames are still actual people, with actual names, and an actual life.

Also that. I don't spit at Internet relationship as you may think I do. I, in fact, see no difference between Internet relationship and relationship with physical contact. The Internet is still physical, though, but what do you expect me to say? Skin contact?

@ Sky warden: Congratulations on being the second person on my block list

Great! What did I win?

Edited by Sky Warden

I'm fairly shocked to see people hoping for and expecting breakups. Sure, they do happen, but is it really necessary to keep it relevant in a thread such as this one and keep pressing on the matter? That's kinda really disrespectful. Even though I am a big fan of schadenfreude, I wouldn't want anything bad to actually happen to anyone, which is the very reason why schadenfreude only works in fictions, and not reality.

All the talk about breakups only work to stimulate the "Ha, you see! I was right all along!" follow-up inevitability, wherein you're basically implying you saw a relationship more as a joke, than anything else. And that's not only mean, it walks down right into jerk-territory.

I say we're done with that and stop pushing and pressing on that sore spot, it doesn't work out for any side at all. Love and tolerate, right?

For all the couples, I wish I could give every single one of you a hug and wish you the best, but I guess you'll have to do with a digital one. Relationships are great and wonderful, so make sure this one is the best one in your life, make it go down in history books.

• Brohoof 6

Since @@Alex Kennedy mentioned his side of the story as to how we got together, I'm gonna go full ham here and say my version, because why not.

So yeah, thanks to a mutual friend (at the time, I'm not sure if Alex still talks to him, I don't believe so) I ended up doing an online DnD thing. I knew him from around the Forums but aside from a few times I may have been in a RP with him (which I usually would promptly drop out of as my schedule got increasingly tighter) and a brief "you like the Sandman series? I like it too" in some book thread (which may have been after our meeting) we never had really talked.

The thing died off pretty fast because one guy was never really active and it wasn't going very well, and we fell out of contact for months and months. At least four or five. After I posted on the "Special Somepony" thread (completely jokingly, of course, I didn't expect it to bear any fruit) he messaged me and basically said "ur cul im cul less talk an b frens". So after my original "lol pleb" reaction (JK, JK) and a long time of PM's while my lappy was fixed, we started Skyping.

At first I admit I found it kinda awkward (I never really used Skype and real-time chatting was weird to be because of it), but eventually we warmed up to one another can got more comfortable, and I developed a little girl crush on him, LOL.

It was pretty annoying because he mentioned once he liked this girl (spoiler: it was me) and I was like "ocrap didn't even get far before he friendzoned me HE KNOOOWS" so I kinda blew it off without saying anything and was like "yeh yeh i lik this gai 2 lol <<__< >__>"

After a while I dunno how but we got in this weird convo (it was because we had this habit of asking one another questions about the other to get to know one another, but I don't remember what happened very clearly) where we basically admitted our feelings to one another after a very tense like, two hours. And since then we have been happily dating, or so I hope. (At least, I'm happy, and I hope he is too).

So far our plans to meet have been foiled, but at the end of his semester he's gonna come up here and greatness will ensue.

He's my smoochie pie cuddly duddly wub.png

Edited by PDS.avi
  • Brohoof 4

It's not like I have anything better to do right now anyway, so I suppose I might as well try to clear up some of the stuff @, is talking about.

(at the time, I'm not sure if Alex still talks to him, I don't believe so)

Nope. Haven't really heard from him since that campaign, except for a brief and rather unpleasant exchange on a thread maybe a couple months later. I'm pretty sure I took him off my contact list because I like to keep that list as short as possible.

"you like the Sandman series? I like it too"

Are you sure that actually happened? Because I've never read the Sandman series, and I'm not sure why I would have pretended I did. Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors though, and I'm pretty sure I've said as much in book threads before.

(completely jokingly, of course, I didn't expect it to bear any fruit)

As usual, you vastly underestimate your own allure. But that's a part of your charm, really.

he messaged me and basically said "ur cul im cul less talk an b frens".

Oh, please. It was way more awkward and poorly written than that.

"ocrap didn't even get far before he friendzoned me HE KNOOOWS"

Actually, I think I had already interpreted something you said in pretty much the same way. I know I'd pretty much given up hope by then.

After a while I dunno how but we got in this weird convo

Whether consciously or not, I sort of led the conversation that way on purpose. I never would have gathered up the courage to say anything if I didn't basically force myself into it.

(At least, I'm happy, and I hope he is too)

Of course I'm happy, and I'll continue to be happy as long as I have you.

• Brohoof 5

My special somepony is Rinku.

Seeing that name brings so much disgust to me. To anyone reading, I am officially single again and quite frankly, I will stay that way. Never putting my trust in a girl ever again. sleep.png

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear........... :(  Hang in there man, I know how hard it is trust me!....I've rushed into to many relationships and got heart broken.... we learn from our mistakes, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger :) 

*Hugs* If you want to talk about it PM me :) 

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear........... sad.png  Hang in there man, I know how hard it is trust me!....I've rushed into to many relationships and got heart broken.... we learn from our mistakes, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger smile.png

*Hugs* If you want to talk about it PM me smile.png

No, I'm through with it. Not going back to this couple thing ever again. I should have known better than to think that I had a chance in this field.

Well thats your decision, I do know how you feel. Take your time and do whatever you feel is right, the offer for a chat still stands thouh ;) 

May as well put more detail into how I met my boyfriend :3 @, and I first met many months back. It was more of a passing glance sorta thing since I had asked him to create my signature. Then one day I started playing this online board game, called... Online board game xD

Anyways, I posted a link to the game in a status update, and Lugi joined the game. Pretty soon he and I were just head to head, 1v1 destroying each other in the game all night long, it was quite funny actually. I was having incredible amounts of fun. Sadly, he and I mainly stayed passive friends (what a fool I was).

After a while, I ended up leaving for Army basic, and upon my return is where the true story starts. Lugi was in a skype group with my friend Wing and we started talking again there. Its where I started to admire him, for his generosity and kindness towards others. He's a very selfless person always willing to help others.

He and I became very good friends in the coming months. He pretty much became my closest friend. About 3 weeks ago I started to fall for him...he was just so alluring. Im not sure what it was about him, but I knew I liked him. Then in the last like 2 weeks I pretty much fell head over heels in love with him.

One night 5 days or so ago, we got into an argument about sexuality. Basically I went on a rant about why I dislike it when someone says they like the opposite gender for personality not looks..but in the same breath would say they would never go out with the same gender. It just irritates me. Mind you, at this point I believed he was straight. I practically announced my love for him at this point and  he sorta went quiet for a while and went into deep thought. For a while I thought I had ruined our friendship by saying I loved him...but in fact.... It was the opposite.

After he pulled himself off the ground (he was a mess :3 ) I asked him to be my boyfriend...and he said yes.

Ever since then our love has only grown :3
I love Lugi more then anyone in the world and I wouldn't give up our love for anything ever happy.png

He's an amazing boyfriend and the only one for me <3

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 5

No, I'm through with it. Not going back to this couple thing ever again. I should have known better than to think that I had a chance in this field.

SmartyPants, I'm sorry things didn't work out. You probably don't want to hear stories from others, but please read this one. I thought I wanted a wife for the longest time. I hated being the only single grown up in my circle of family and friends. Then I finally found a girlfriend (online, for what it's worth) who came to live with me. At first I thought it would work out. But it soon became obvious that it wasn't meant to be. This brings to mind one of my favorite Dear Abby quotes: "There are plenty of things worse than being single. Being with the wrong person is one of them." This is how I learned to be a content single.  The only time I still feel a bit lonely is around holidays like Christmas and Valentine's Day. Holidays like these are best celebrated with a significant other.

The bottom line is, if you truly believe you're better off and happier being single, don't let friends, family, or this couples thread pressure you into thinking otherwise. You have my full support. smile.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Wingnut~
  • Brohoof 1

The bottom line is, if you truly believe you're better off and happier being single, don't let friends, family, or this couples thread pressure you into thinking otherwise. You have my full support. smile.png

I truly believe that is how it must be. I will live single for the rest of my life and I am content knowing that. It doesn't bother me anymore. It just wasn't meant to be.

Never thought I'd be posting something like this here, but...

Put me up on the board with ...

...AND !

Yup, it's exactly what you think it is, but this is a good love triangle! We've all been really good friends for a while now. We really got to know each other through Skype, (Plus I actually met Auron once in person before at BronyCon). And I guess after lots of chatting, we just grew close to each other...really close! img-1932768-1-tongue.png And eventually we just kinda opened up to each other, and it turns out each of us felt the same about the others. And I couldn't be happier!

I know this isn't the most traditional relationship out there, but who cares? Love is love, and it can come in 2, 3, or more! img-1932768-2-biggrin.png

Love you guys! <3 <3 A heart for both of you! 

And *pets* . Luv you pet. :P

Edited by ~Master~ Button Mash
  • Brohoof 2

Uh - Oh a love triangle... No offense but they do not usually end well :( Still best of luck, I would hate to be in that situation though.... hope it goes well ;)

• Brohoof 2

There were 3 three in a bed and little one said,

"roll over, roll over"

So they all rolled over and one fell out....'

Don't think I've ever heard of a successful love triangle, there's always room for a first I guess. ^^

• Brohoof 1

OK, stop the forum, I want to get off!

The last couple of months in this place were kinda crazy. We've had love in the air, countless whirlwind encounters between members, and several unpredictable big announcements. But...I didn't expect anything like this.

I never thought I'd see a triple announced in a couples thread. ^^;

Edited by ~Chaotic Wingnut~
  • Brohoof 1