Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would You Do If You Had a Time Machine?

Remi

I'd go to the future and bring back a computer.

I'd sell it to Intel and make billions for the patent rights.

That would free me up to go exploring with my time machine.

Truthfuly I wouldnt change anything, I would love to be there for so many great events like Abraham Lincoln's Gettysberg Address, MLK's I have. Dream Speech, The Fall of the Berlin wall, FDR's first Inaugrael address, the appollo 11 moon landing. Thing of that historic nature

I'd go back to April 10th 2012, and save my son Alexander from dying...img-1886731-1-sad.pngimg-1886731-2-sad.png  I miss you soo much! I'm sorry I wasn't a better Dad, you deserved better than me.

Wow, I am speechless, that made me feel bad, my things to see are pointless in compared to this, you have my sympathy sir
  • Brohoof 1

First I'd go into the deep future, get my time machine retrofitted to the point that it'd be like a space ship that I can fly around and go deep underwater. I'd also seek out to see if we ever find a way to make ourselves immortal and get that. Then I'd go back to the very beginning and watch the birth of our universe. Then I'd go back through the ages of deep time and document life in each era, answering important questions that science may never be able to answer. Basically I would become a grand historian.

• Brohoof 2

quite honestly, I would definitely correct all the wrongs I had done. 

there are plenty of things I did in the past that made me regret everything that I have today. 

also, I would love to see how dinosaurs look like, how the pyramid was built and stuff like that. LOL

I'd go back in time to convince Andrew Lloyd Webber that Joel Schumacher the Bat Destroyer is not to be the babysitter for his Phantom-baby.

Setting that aside, I would travel in time to any random time in history (while bringing a camera with me) and watch as history is being made (with a camera ready). I so want to see what really happened, or how people really looked. So many questions to be answered!

I'd also really like to go back to February of this year, but that's more personal.

Edited by Bananashy

I can't do anything.

In fact, it's impossible.

Here's the reason, if you try to change the past and had succeeded, this would already be in the past. So you can't kill somebody because if you had succeeded they would already be dead.

I.E. If you went back in time to fix a game console, the game console would already have been fixed in your past if you succeed at fixing it. Thus nothing is actually different, time remains the same. You can't change history even by directly intervening with it.

This works because no matter how you change the past, it's still the past.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I'd go far in the future, to see if my role on this planet did any dramatic to even the smallest of changes. After so, I'd go to learn the top IT schooling because that stuff "tickles my fancy" and I'd find it rather cool to see how far humanity has gotten. 

I wouldn't do anything "Epic" with it out of fear that I might majorly break something.

I would go back probably and fix things that apply to my life. I'd correct tests I did bad on, go back to certain points in time where I could of made better decisions and do them and of-course go back to when the first episode of MLP FiM aired and watch it. 

I'd go watch many, many horse races, and takes notes on which horse won which race. Then I'd go back in time one day, and bet on the winning horse for every single one. Boom, baby! Cash in the bag.

Go back in time and tell my younger self, live life to the fullest! and have fun my friend, because when you get older well sorry but its all down hill from there.. being adult sucks.. so have fun being a kid!

Edited by xPrincess Celestiax

I'd go back to late 1989 and spy on my parents as they perform my conception. Once they're finished I'd burst into the room and yell "CONGRATULATIONS! IT'S A BOY!!!" 

Then the universe would collapse.

Serious answer: I'd go to Elizabethan era England and watch a Shakespeare play live. And probably get poop thrown at me from a window.

• Brohoof 1

I would examine the nature of time and its relation to reality by travelling backward in time as far as I possibly could, until if or when some process, natural or otherwise, prevented me from doing so. I would repeat that process for travelling into the future.

In addition, I would visit as many time periods as I could, both in the past and the future, for the purpose of passive observation and learning. I am wary of attempting to alter the course of time - while I would want to stop horrible events from occurring if I had the ability to do so, I do not know what altering the past would due to the fabric of time and reality. It is possible that attempting to alter it at all would only make things far worse, and that is a risk I simply cannot take. 

A big danger of time travel I see is our lack of understanding concerning time and reality. We do not know what time or reality truly are. Time may not be linear at all - perhaps there is no beginning or end. Perhaps there are alternate universes, and attempting to alter the past would only create a divergent universe that was altered as opposed to actually altering the state and history of the original universe. However, this is just speculation. Until we truly understood the nature of time and reality at a deep level, it would be wise to, assuming time travel itself would not harm time or reality, passively observe.

• Brohoof 1

I'm guessing going to yourself from the past would be a paradox, so I wouldn't do that.

Maybe, uhh, seeing what would happen in the future, and if it's bad, I could do something about it.

I would go meet DaVinci, just because he is awesome :3

I would also head in to the future and see how that turns out, and assuming this answer is permitted, i would seek out the cure to every major disease and travel back in time with the cures to get them out faster.

Hmmm... If I had a time machine, I would probably go back to the past to see "past me" and play with me! Once I'm done playing, I'll guide him to be a successful businessman by avoiding all of the mistakes that I have done.

EDIT: I don't care if it causes a paradox or not!

Edited by Sunset Shimmer

I'd use a time machine to go back to any year in between the 1930s and 1990s, and go see classics movies during their original releases; like say back to 1980 to see The Empire Strikes Back, and actually witness everyone's reactions to the "I am your father" twist.

I'd also go to Disneyland as it was in between 1967 and 1995, so I can ride many of the extinct attractions like the PeopleMover and Adventure Thru Inner Space. Same applies for Knott's Berry Farm.

Go back in time, destroy every schematic, and have the inventor committed to a mental asylum. The ability to travel back in time should not exist, so I would use it to prevent it's invention. A little hypocritical, and a little paradoxical, but it can't be helped.

For me personally, there are three time periods I'd love to check out. First stop would be the dawn of the universe, that would be mind blowing. Then I'd love to see the dinosaurs during the Jurassic or Cretaceous period. Finally I'd love to experience Rome during the height of the roman empire. Always been fascinated by the classical era.