Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Sunset Shimmer: Discussion and Theories

Persona22

But i wonder why she was so curious about the mirror,imean,what did she want or expect from it? :huh:

Did she honestly only want to use it to gather a army from another plane and then invade and take over equestria like she misreably tried? Or perhaps something more sinister? :fiery:

Either way,i hope to see her get some love(especially if she does turn out to be a demon),because it can give the show another amazing quality because then the show is not only about true friendship(mane 6) or true love(Cadance and Shinning) but also true redemption(Sunset Shimmer)   :)

According to her comic arc, she became obsessed with the mirror because she saw a reflection of herself as an Alicorn in it. Now, why she would continue doing such after she learned that all it does is lead to rocko's modern Doug, I have no idea.

(edited)

According to her comic arc, she became obsessed with the mirror because she saw a reflection of herself as an Alicorn in it. Now, why she would continue doing such after she learned that all it does is lead to rocko's modern Doug, I have no idea.

Hmmm. Why would the mirror show her as a alicorn? Does it reflect the viewers deepest desires?

If so then why the hell would the same mirror transport you to digrassi:equestria girls edition world????? :fiery:

To me it looks like Hasbro killed off a potentially epic story because they wanted to compete with monster high  >_>

Or perhaps,the mirror not only shows you you're desires,but takes you to a place that they can be fifilled..so her answer to becoming a alicorn may lie in the equestria girls world,perhaps its a test that if she passes,she is worthy of becoming a alicorn...   :huh: 

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

Hmmm. Why would the mirror show her as a alicorn? Does it reflect the viewers deepest desires?

If so then why the hell would the same mirror transport you to digrassi:equestria girls edition world????? :fiery:

To me it looks like Hasbro killed off a potentially epic story because they wanted to compete with monster high  >_>

Because the mirror is magic, and they needed a reason sunset wanted it. And I have no idea why she would find Neds Declassified pony survival guide interesting.

Because the mirror is magic, and they needed a reason sunset wanted it. And I have no idea why she would find Neds Declassified pony survival guide interesting.

Idk either..but just in case hasbro is watching,i will say this again. 

Perhaps,the mirror not only shows you you're desires,but takes you to a place that they can be fifilled..so her answer to becoming a alicorn may lie in the equestria girls world,perhaps its a test that if she passes,she is worthy of becoming a alicorn...    :huh: 

I think that would be pretty cool in the end

Idk either..but just in case hasbro is watching,i will say this again. 

Perhaps,the mirror not only shows you you're desires,but takes you to a place that they can be fifilled..so her answer to becoming a alicorn may lie in the equestria girls world,perhaps its a test that if she passes,she is worthy of becoming a alicorn...    :huh: 

I think that would be pretty cool in the end

But then everyone would claim that the mirror is copying Harry Potter. Because they already did the magical mirror that shows you whatever you want most.

But really, anything that makes Sunset more than a one dimensional villain would be loved by all.

The real reason she broke down crying after her defeat in EG1?

The crushing guilt that she murdered her counterpart (most likely as a child)!

...or they just didn't much thought into the subject :derp:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I have heard many theories, but nothing definite. Some rthink she simply goes to another school, or died at an earlier point, and sunset shimmer took her place. One possibility  is she CAME FROM the human world, then went back. In my opinion, it could be any of the above.

Edited by mysticalnight

No one knows. It kinda seems like a plot hole to me.

Pinkie Pie mentioned Twilight's counterpart in the first one and SPOILERS

We see her after the credits in rainbow rocks

But Sunset's counterpart is never acknowledged. :huh:  

Here's an idea:maybe both Sunsets had similar personalities to each other, so in some sort of transdimensional paradox, both versions of her fused, possibly explaining how she knows so much about the human world, besides being there so long. I mean, considering high school politics, it would be easy to see alternate Shimmer being the queen bee of the popular crowd, and having that lust for power like equestria Sunset. So, having them fused would eliminate alternate Shimmer altogether without the sticky implications of murder or foul play. And before you say that Twilight should be the same way, while equestrian twilight has much the same personality as alternate twilight, their personalities when she arrived in canterlot high were much different, if the end credits of RR are anything to go by. EQG Twilight never met the Humane six, and is still immersed in her studies, while by the time regular Twilight arrives, she has learned to value and cherish her friends, therefore the similarities between the two were not enough to facilitate the merge.

If you talk to some of the students at Canterlot High, they may tell you of the strange, stormy, lightning-filled night, when some students were passing by the school late at night, and they thought they heard the clang of steel upon steel, the sparks of energy that came from clashing swords, the horrific shadowy sight of one of the two combatants falling, headless, to the ground, and the triumphant cries of the victor, lightning crashing around her, as she exclaimed, "There can be only one!"

• Brohoof 4

If you talk to some of the students at Canterlot High, they may tell you of the strange, stormy, lightning-filled night, when some students were passing by the school late at night, and they thought they heard the clang of steel upon steel, the sparks of energy that came from clashing swords, the horrific shadowy sight of one of the two combatants falling, headless, to the ground, and the triumphant cries of the victor, lightning crashing around her, as she exclaimed, "There can be only one!"

*Brohoof* You seem to have worked too hard writing that comment xD

You'd would think her staying there would cause problems like in the comics. She is, as far as we know, originally from Equestria. It's strange that there was not even any talk of her returning. The topic actually seemed to be avoided.

The short version is she killed her human counterpart.

I hate to say it but its really the only thing that would make sense,but at the same time we have to remember the show that we're talking about so it's probably not true :/

Edited by J.T.

I'd wager she hasn't been thought up yet by the writers, who rather you not ask such silly questions, because it causes issues for them, so she doesn't exist, for now.  :maud:

Would make my day if the original EQG Sunset Shimmer went to Equestria in a similar event that brought the Equestria Sunset Shimmer to the EQG world.  :maud:​ 

For all we know, there could be a Sunset Shimmer in Equestria, still learning how to walk and deal with having hooves instead of hands.  :maud: