Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Sunset Shimmer: Discussion and Theories

Persona22

For all we know, there could be a Sunset Shimmer in Equestria, still learning how to walk and deal with having hooves instead of hands.  :maud:

That was pretty much my theory. I don't think we've ever seen anyone originally from CHS go through the portal, so for all we know, it changes humans into Earth ponies or some other minor tweaks to their appearance. Given her personality, she might be suspicious of the mysterious talking ponies and give herself a different name. As Celestia knew the Equestrian's Sunset, she could have guessed that she would never change her identity. The human Sunset might have escaped the castle but went back for whatever reason, and then Celly wasn't in or something, so Luna, who didn't fully recognise her, wrote it off as amnesia.

SS hid the body in the meat locker in the cafeteria obviously must have eliminated her somehow, murdered her violently in which way we will never know for sure. She pounced upon her after school, and stabbed her flailing body till it no more than twitched frantically on the gym floor  must have convinced her to leave the school or burned her bloody clothes to eliminate evidence  maybe she "switched places with her," by that I mean she dismembered her mangled corpse in order to fit the body under the floor boards  forced the other SS to goto equestrian and live as a hermit somewhere we will never know. 

• Brohoof 4

if you mean Sunset's story, then:

sunset, like twilight, was a student of Princess Celestia, only was impatient and her heart wasn't in the right place. so, when she "didn't get what she wanted quick enough" she went through the portal. celestia kept the portal just incase sunset would comeback for her. only, sunset used the portal to steal the crown. The rest, you know if you saw EG

if you mean Sunset's story, then:

sunset, like twilight, was a student of Princess Celestia, only was impatient and her heart wasn't in the right place. so, when she "didn't get what she wanted quick enough" she went through the portal. celestia kept the portal just incase sunset would comeback for her. only, sunset used the portal to steal the crown. The rest, you know if you saw EG

I mean THE REAL sunset, the sunset we know is the regretful student of princess celestia, but what about her human version??

I have a feeling she might make an appearance in EG3 along with the Twilight's human counterpart. Might be called 'Double Trouble' or something :P

I mean THE REAL sunset, the sunset we know is the regretful student of princess celestia, but what about her human version??

Isn't she still in the human world? Equestria Girls showed her staying behind when Twilight returned to Equestria. I can't say I know what happened to her since then, as I haven't watched the new movie yet.

Isn't she still in the human world? Equestria Girls showed her staying behind when Twilight returned to Equestria. I can't say I know what happened to her since then, as I haven't watched the new movie yet.

Yeah but if each and everyone of the ponies haves their human counterparts, that means there are 2 sunsets in the human world

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but if each and everyone of the ponies haves their human counterparts, that means there are 2 sunsets in the human world

That's certainly been implied. I guess there's another Sunset Shimmer wandering around the world, but no mention has been made of her, as far as I know.

• Brohoof 1

she hasn't made an appearance yet, what I wanna know is where she's living in the human world.

o-o did she get a job and rent an apartment on the side?

or maybe she took the place of the Human her? 

if she did she just got really creepy.  :fiery:

meh I doubt it, maybe she'll show up in the next movie. 

which is why I keep saying that Sunset (the Sunset what we know; the one who's originally pony-born and came from Equestria) NEEDS to go back to her homeland/ universe, to prevent a can of worms being opened and throwing the universe out of whack, by staying in EQG world, and potentially coming across her doppleganger.

Well, when you put it that way, you do make sense(all of you).  But you have't yet talk about yet the fact(or implication) that is brought up in the second movie, also in the trailer,(not really a spoiler).  The three girls that are the main antagonist were banish to that world.  Meaning that the one who sent them there must have known that there was not a human version of them there originally.  With that said she could not really have a human version.  

Besides I don't think that some of the humans match age with the ponies, just one I can think of... Photo Finish: pony is an adult and in her line of work.... human version is still in school.  With that also said the two worlds are not identical in terms of pony to human counterparts.

(wow that was a mouthful)

Edited by Golden Harvest
  • Brohoof 1

Well, when you put it that way, you do make sense(all of you).  But you are didn't talk about yet the fact(or implication) that is brought up in the second movie, also in the trailer,(not really a spoiler).  The three girls that are the main antagonist were banish to that world.  Meaning that the one who sent them there must have known that there was not a human version of them there originally.  With that said she could not really have a human version.  

Besides I don't think that some of the humans match age with the ponies, just one I can think of... Photo Finish: pony is an adult and in her line of work.... human version is still in school.  With that also said the two worlds are not identical in terms of pony to human counterparts.

(wow that was a mouthful)

I thought of that, maybe human shimmer it's already an adult and have no relation with canterlot high
  • Brohoof 1

I thought of that, maybe human shimmer it's already an adult and have no relation with canterlot high

You do also have a valid point. We don't know for sure if the human version is even there.  As far as I can see, more evidence shows that she probably does in fact have a human counterpart.  I just thought the smaller possibility that their isn't a human version.

My theory is that maybe they did the same things/made the same mistakes. One day, the human Sunset leaned aganist the statue while the portal was open, falling through it and transporting her there. As far as I'm aware, nobody orignially from CHS has walked through it, so it might change their coat colour or something. Upon seeing the ponies and herself, she decided it was a good way to make a new start and thus gave herself a new name, before finding some bits and randomly boarding a train or something. She went to the Crystal Empire and claimed she had amnesia so that Cadence or somepony else would tell her about Equestria's customs and stuff, after which she fit in decently.

• Brohoof 1

If we assume the writers are trying to be consistent than she has to have a human counterpart. From that point the question becomes how can they use her in the story? They seem to be setting up human Twilight as an antagonist of sorts, but I don't see the point of doing the same with Sunset.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's just unplanned plot problems personally. In other words, they haven't thought of this properly......

In my opinion, Sunset Shimmer's human counterpart I believe is actually older than Sunset Shimmer herself (or even dead).   Age consistency is nonexistent between the two worlds (everyone fits into high school when it's obvious some are elementary/middle school aged, plus how is Cheerilee a teacher when she has been shown to be near the same age as Rarity, which also leads me to ask why obvious adult ponies are high school students as well)......

Having Sunset Shimmer's real human counterpart can actually explain the time gap with the mirror, the fact that Twilight nor any other pony knew about Sunset Shimmer (no comparison of any kind from other ponies, and when you are the princess's protege, you are noticed). In other words, the pony Sunset Shimmer existed in Equestria a LONG time before Twilight was even born.

As with the Sirens and Sunset Shimmer, because they have access to some magic, they must have been able to stay the same age for a long time, but then a whole host of other problems come to light

• Brohoof 2

I be

I think it's just unplanned plot problems personally. In other words, they haven't thought of this properly......

In my opinion, Sunset Shimmer's human counterpart I believe is actually older than Sunset Shimmer herself (or even dead).   Age consistency is nonexistent between the two worlds (everyone fits into high school when it's obvious some are elementary/middle school aged, plus how is Cheerilee a teacher when she has been shown to be near the same age as Rarity, which also leads me to ask why obvious adult ponies are high school students as well)......

Having Sunset Shimmer's real human counterpart can actually explain the time gap with the mirror, the fact that Twilight nor any other pony knew about Sunset Shimmer (no comparison of any kind from other ponies, and when you are the princess's protege, you are noticed). In other words, the pony Sunset Shimmer existed in Equestria a LONG time before Twilight was even born.

As with the Sirens and Sunset Shimmer, because they have access to some magic, they must have been able to stay the same age for a long time, but then a whole host of other problems come to light

To expand more on your point, the plot problems that have been opened up by our questions leaves a lot of room for answers as well.  It's been proven that age is  not a consistent factor when it comes to counterpart from that universe, but if we delve deep enough were still left with a curious situation when it comes to Sunset Shimmer. Firstly, we have no idea of her living situation which many have used in their theories to imply that she replaced the other Sunset and simply moved into her family's home. I don't think she'd do that even when she wasn't in the right state of mind. I think that it would bring up too many painful memories to make it worth while.

Second, I personally believe there is another Sunset Shimmer in the human world as the idea of Sunset killing her off is too mature of a topic for MLP (after all it's a kid's show). She could be older, younger, or even the same age as the Sunset Shimmer we know and it's all right with me. I'd just like to see DHX/Hasbro do something with her in perhaps 'Equestria Academy' like they'll most likely do with Twilight. Three, more ponies please?  :nom: