Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Sunset Shimmer: Discussion and Theories

Persona22

• 1 month later...

@@J.T.@@The Mighty Ninyn, just so you are both aware, I have merged both of your threads with an older thread which similarly questions the existence/whereabouts of Sunset's human equivalent (and also offers theories on the topic). Please check to see if a thread for your discussion topic is already in place before posting a new one, doing so will help limit your chances of posting a duplicate thread. An alternative method for checking (whilst the search function is experiencing issues) is to google keywords and 'site:mlpforums.com'. Many thanks. :)

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I like the theory that Pony Sunset replaced Human Sunset with herself. It seems the most plausible, although a little too dark for MLP.

...which is what happened in the movie.

Problems-

The portal has a time limit. So if sunset pony were to find and subsequently toss sunset human through the portal, it would have had to happen in just a few days.

Also, the mirror was in the canterlot castle. Sunset pony bypassed two guards to get to it. Extra protection would have been given after such an event.

But even if sunset pony found, subdued and tossed sunset human through the portal within three days AND protection of the mirror somehow decreased so that, upon arrival, sunset human was not seen and mistaken for sunset pony...

Somepony would have noticed a confused and recently banished sunset shimmer wandering around all scared.

It is, scarily enough, more likely that sunset pony... made sunset human... disappear.

But I think the best theory is that sunset human was either somewhere else in the world or she never came into existence in the first place.

Alternate reality where alternate decisions are made.

In fact, having all those human counterparts in CHS is the most improbable aspect of Equestria Girls.

But the real answer to questions like these will always be - it's just a show, I should really just relax. For mystery science theater 3000.

Edited by atomsk2113

• 2 years later...

I know they probably wouldn't make it s that pony sunset killed human sunset because it is still a kids show but tbh that's the first thing I thought of when I thought about a human sunset counterpart. And it makes sense to a degree.

Maybe they actually did have sunset kill other sunset and hoped the older crowd  wouldn't dig into it? XD

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of the most terrible men alive. I was an unstable activist, I had lots of inner turmoil. Even as a kid I was drained, from being put on the spot a lot. So I became my own kind of bully. 

I know lust, regrets, I empathize with Sunset's problems. As a reformed empath I'm full of mistakes. Full of conflict at times. But my desire for my friends to be happy and stability keeps me alive. Now I'm a much better person. And if I say this in vain I ought to try again. 

8 hours ago, MLPFanatic34 said:

I thought I read that the writers confirmed there is no human version of Sunset. 

Doesn't mean pony sunset is responsible though. It is possible EqG sunset has gone the same way as AJ's parents (also possible said parents HAVEN'T in EqG, although there is no evidence of this in the shorts we see)

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I'm almost positive that pony Sunset did not kill human Sunset.  Pony Sunset could have easily used Spike as leverage to get the crown from Twilight, instead of the portal, and that way she wouldn't actually have to bluff, as Spike meant nothing to her.  But she didn't, she only used Spike to lure Twilight to the portal, than gave him back once Twilight was where she could see the portal.  Also, Sunset didn't use force to back her reign of the school up, instead, she used emotional methods and manipulation to split the students up and keep them fearful of her.  The only time she used actual foe in the 1st EQG movie was when she was frustrated, had ran out of options, and was being rubbed the wrong way after just failing to get the thing she wanted.  So, I don't find it likely at all that Pony Sunset killed human Sunset.