Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Adult Jokes in Kids Cartoons

Moved to Elsewhere

Has there ever been a joke in any cartoon that would fly over a kid's head but an older audience would laugh at it. Here are some examples

Spongebob Squarepants- "Look Gary Doubloons *pulls out soap* Don't drop em *wink*

Billy and Mandy- "He's an exchange student from the Underworld." "Where's that." "Why don't you go there and find out."

Rugrats- "After that everyone started giving presents, even the Easter bunny started giving them until Santa slapped him with a lawsuit."

Rocko's Modern Life- "Wait a minute heck isn't that supposed to be.." "Uh censors." 

The Powerpuff girls- "I created the girls by accident." "It's okay I was an accident too."

So discuss away

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 6

i honestly believe these make cartoons better. an adult joke every once in a while is great and keeps the show interesting in my opinion. like the adult jokes in MLP like the benny hill chase scene and the scooby doo and james bond references were great. i don't know if they count but i thought those were great. also 90% of rocko's modern life was like that ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Adventure Time has sooooo many adult jokes in it. They're really hilarious though. 

For example, a Flame Princess episode where Jake tells Finn about the tiers of dating. Tier 1: Huggin, Tier 2: Smooching. Tier 8: "Is where you touch her horn for the first time." (Flame Princess doesn't have a "horn.") 

Finn: "What about Tier 15?" Jake: "DON'T GO TO TIER 15. JUST DON'T." 

Like wow. xD There are so many more. But I think it makes the show funnier, and little kids don't really understand so it's okay.

• Brohoof 7

A goody from the Rugrats early days:

"Stu, what are you doing?"
"Making chocolate pudding"

"It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Why on earth are you making chocolate pudding?"

"Because I lost control of my life."

At first I only though it was funny because of his scream, but looking at it now it's actually pretty fucked up

Megas XLR also had a border line hentai scene

Though I think the only to catch this one is if your an anime fan

Edited by Phoenix Trite

Hey there I have another one that I was originally gonna have in my original post but it slipped my mind at the time of wirting it.Which is a shame because this joke shocked me andmy sisters upon viewing it

Johnny Bravo- "Excuse me there, you wouldn't be happening to be hiding any gorillas underneath them clothes."

• 1 month later...

Someone beat me to the "finger Prince" one. I bought the entire Animaniacs collection at costco and had to run it back several times to make sure I really saw and heard what I thought I did. No wonder my parents didn't want me watching that show. Also, he's strangely obsessed with tubs of jelly? Really?

• Brohoof 1

Even MLP had some adult jokes. Remember the sonic rainnuke. You rarely see a mushroom cloud shape explosion in a kids show maybe spongebob.

Spongebob was originally made for adults but, it adapted to kids(Opposite for us). Think of this Mr. Krabs in Bikini Bottom. Yeah it went that far. Sandy Cheeks in Bikini Bottom. Squidward's nose. Patrick having no shirt and flowers on his pants and he speaks slow and dumb, pothead. 

Scooby-doo. Shaggy and scooby are always hungry because theyre high all the time.

Shrek has a few dirty jokes in it. For example, in the Duloc song, one line goes "Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your...(pause) FACE!" and in the Robin Hood song, there is a line that goes "I like an honest fight and a saucy little maid/what he's basically saying is that he likes to get...PAID!" 

Don't forget "NICE ASCOT!" from Toy Story 3!

This one is my favorite. Animaniacs, and generally other WB animations, probably have a whole bunch on YouTube if you search for them.

Here's another naughty moment from that show. I was laughing when I saw this part on the Hub the first time the show aired on there!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utj_IB1Jr6A

Edited by SunsetShimmerFan

There have been plenty of jokes like this in kids shows, Rockos Modern Life comes to mind. It had quite a few.

A major one that comes to mind though, is this one from Spongebob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf7z2YcSXPo

I obviously did not get it when I was younger but I find it hilarious now,

There was also the 'Woodstock' and pot smoking reference in Hey Arnold.

Edited by Kyoshi

The Powerpuff Girls has a lot of adults jokes and innuendo, here was this episode with the Rowdy Ruff Boys where the girls had to immaculate to make them so they shrink,  because when they kissed them they grew bigger. And let's not get started on Miss Bellum..

Edited by Renon Strike
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like adult jokes in kids cartoons, especially since you're like "he/she just said that" and then you laugh out loud while not everyone gets it. I guess when you're a little dirty minded it helps, I don't remember any though but I know I have noticed plenty of them in newer cartoons as well as older.

Since younger kids don't get the jokes anyway, it's okay to throw a few in.

I actually found one in Larryboy of all things--yes, even Christian writers can't help it sometimes :lol:

"Master, what do you do if your hometown is invaded by an overgrown seedless grape?"

"Who are you calling seedless?!"

When I first heard that line again recently I was like "O_O Whoa there, Larry..."

SpongeBob: We're not doing so well, Patrick. We need a new approach, a new tactic.

Patrick: Hm... I got it! Let's get naked!

SpongeBob: No, let's save that for when we're selling real estate...

It doesn't make sense to most kids, but you get it when your older. :D

• Brohoof 1