Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Adult Jokes in Kids Cartoons

Moved to Elsewhere

• 1 month later...

George Carlin made his way into Spongebob.

Mr. Krabs: Yesiree, that's Word #11. In fact, there are 13 bad words that you should never use.

Squidward: Don't you mean there are only 7?
Mr. Krabs: Not if you're a sailor. ;) *laughs*

• Brohoof 3

I see many Spongebobs here, so let me remind you some more older cartoons with adult references I very enjoyed ;)

You've probably seen this picture (or similar) in many Bugs Bunny / Warner Bros cartoons:

screwball.jpg screwball-a.jpg

but did you know that this is actually a rebus? Read out aloud what this picture shows and you'll find ;)

You can find in in MLP, too:

131795834725.gif

There were several other rebuses of this kind in WB cartoons. Eg.: the rooster + lolipop icon similar to this one:

023-cartoon-rooster-lollipop.jpg

(I couldn't find the original screenshot from WB cartoon).

And the irony is that some kids solve such rebuses quicker than adults (which usually even don't get it) :-P

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In powerpuff girls there was the scence where the mare had to go and see sedusa before the jail closed she was the one dress up as miss bellum the whole time when ms bellum told the mare it wasn't her the whole time it was sedusa. Also the creator of the powerpuff girls said miss bellum is supose to be a how can I say this a good looking lady

This one is my favorite. Animaniacs, and generally other WB animations, probably have a whole bunch on YouTube if you search for them.

Probably the single dirtiest joke to make it past the censors XD

I'm always amazed to go back and watch something and notice some joke that I didn't get as a kid :D

I know there's one in the Rugrats movie. When Charlotte is talking to Didi about her baby she goes "Born under venus look for a--Hello?". You can probably already figure that one out. XD I laugh at that every time because now that I'm older, I know exactly what she was trying to say. As a kid or when this movie first came out, i never caught onto that.